Joflar

Neptune's Bountiful Pride

I'm seriously getting tired of this game... especially when some diplomatic moves from certain players don't make any sense.

I choose to completely ignore diplomacy, since there is no reason to assume whatever is being said is true, or has any meaning at all. Instead of trying to analyse and guess at what's really going on I just treat everyone as computer AIs. This could be why I lost.

It looks like my meager civilization is almost at an end. This is like knowing that Krypton is going to be destroyed and not being able to do anything about it. I have sent my son to another planet so that he may live. His dense molecular structure will make him strong.

So there's that.

I really like this game, though. I look forward to playing again when another game here has an open slot. I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning that I'd like to think I wouldn't make again.

In my humble opinion, the game turned out to be as it is due to the complacency of some players. I can't win anymore, the only thing I can do is determine which player will take the most damage when I go down in my blaze of glory.

I find the diplomacy much like Civilization only a lot more complex because your dealing with people. Most of us are role playing, but we still have ourselfs that guide our actions and everyone calculates situations differently.

Like I didn't think Sombre would attack me and I've gone through 100 scenarios on what he is up to and still haven't figured it out.

New Game:

Who all has joined so far? A lot of people aren't using their idlethumbs names so I don't know who is missing.

With that I think we may have a few openings if anyone else is interested in joining.

I really want to get a new game going to try a different playstyle/role. My creepy insect race is getting tiresome to look at.

You wake up from a good nights rest, log into Neptune's Pride, and then:

aJvYZXUT5Bk

It would appear we are near the final leg of this game.

As someone who has made baffling decisions, or maybe they aren't, all I am trying to do is survive. In any future game I would certainly approach things from a different angle

Diplomacy has been both exhilarating and frustrating. Everything takes on this duality where I must assume everyone is lying up to the point where they fulfill their end of the bargain. I have debated throwing up some correspondences on the forums at times, as a way to force another's hands.

I can see people hating friends after playing this game.

I don't get how one little ship with overshadowed tech can do so much damage.

weird.

Anyway, new game; who has joined and used a different name? We're sitting at 9 right now and I don't know who isn't making it?

Anyway, looks like we have openings for anyone wanting to join in.

Joined just now. Sorry it took so long. I was out of town for several days.

I'm under the name 'The Margraviate of Brandenburg' if you're wondering. :)

Holy shit, now I'm being double-teamed by the two strongest players... well, I lasted far more than I expected and, quite frankly, was getting tired of this game anyway.

GG guys, at least I learned that superior weapons tech is key by the end of the game, too bad my economy sucked most of the game and I couldn't get more tech, which I only did after taking 2 other players out.

Well it's not o ernyet and infully expct to lose; since the new game started I'm like what he he'll all or nothing.

Like any game like this I like the beginning more then the later stages but Im sure there are ven later stages then this... So want to be around for that.

All dpp your supposed to be asleep! Lol

new galaxy

this is so sweet; I'm an evil looking bark squid right next to an evil looking smooth squid. I have tribal feathers so from his day forward I am Chief Squid-oc of the MurSquid Tribe!

We will unite the two squid speices again to create a super speices of squid!

Holy shit, now I'm being double-teamed by the two strongest players...

I don't know quite how much teaming I'm doing. It was you who launched an attack on Alula, and you who shamelessly swept in to nab my hard-earned bounty from my war with Joflar.

(All in good fun, of course.)

I think this might be one of those games where everyone else's positions look a lot more secure than your own. In truth, probably any empire can be toppled by a few wrong moves, or a few clever deals and strategic attacks.

I think this might be one of those games where everyone else's positions look a lot more secure than your own. In truth, probably any empire can be toppled by a few wrong moves, or a few clever deals and strategic attacks.

That's something I have been wondering about. Specifically how tech plays into the stability of your empire.

I think that if a game with tech turned off it would turn into a race to choke points. Then it would just be an infinite stalemate where the various powers turtle behind their borders.

Yeah... It's weird knowing that there isn't really anything for me to do for another half a day almost.

But I'm strangely psyched to roleplay in this thing. I haven't role played in a game... maybe ever. And now I really want to. You may call me Grand Viceroy Greg of the Solifugaean Syndicate. If you want. Or DIUM, I guess.

I don't know quite how much teaming I'm doing. It was you who launched an attack on Alula, and you who shamelessly swept in to nab my hard-earned bounty from my war with Joflar.

(All in good fun, of course.)

Yeah I think I went from 2nd best to dead all because I tried to backstab IrishJohn. If I had been honest and just helped him attack dpp I'd still be in the game.

Holy shit, now I'm being double-teamed by the two strongest players...

I feel like I should/shouldn't say something about hot scoops.

Count me in for a potential future game after the one currently ongoing. I loved the other game even though I lost horribly.

Count me in for a potential future game after the one currently ongoing. I loved the other game even though I lost horribly.

Now that you're dead and gone in that game, could you share your strategy? I would love to know what you were going for.

Now that you're dead and gone in that game, could you share your strategy? I would love to know what you were going for.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm REALLY interested in knowing what was going on between Boris and Toblix. You guys kind of remained out their on your own for the longest time, so I'm really curious to know the relationship.