Joflar

Neptune's Bountiful Pride

I have to say that after this weekend yesterday was an absolute treat of rest. I actually slept last night without waking up at 6am and rushing to my computer.

Same here, I went to sleep at ease, content in the knowledge I would awaken without my world turned upside down.

Edited by jennoa

It looks to me like IrishJohn is making a move on decapentaplegic.

I really wish this game had a global battle report.

Yeah I'd like a cnn ticker at the bottom.

In this new calm that envelopes the galaxy I would give anything to be able to read the emails going back and forth between players.

Down for Maintenance?! bu... but my Empire. What will happen to my peoples? Oh the humanity!

It looks to me like IrishJohn is making a move on decapentaplegic.

I really wish this game had a global battle report.

Yeah, that would be cool.

I must say, echoing what Chris mentioned on the podcast about getting off on the wrong foot with people, I actually feel bad attacking thumbs. Or at least, I feel bad attacking them not long after I claimed I wasn't going to attack.

But it's video games!!!!

Yeah, now the shit really hit the fan. To me it will be a toss up between Joflar and JamesM... I'm pretty sure I'm out of the game.

But I'm just gonna say that at least I deserve the respect of being attacked by all my neighbors, so if anyone wants to join the fun now is the time.

Yeah, now the shit really hit the fan. To me it will be a toss up between Joflar and JamesM... I'm pretty sure I'm out of the game.

But I'm just gonna say that at least I deserve the respect of being attacked by all my neighbors, so if anyone wants to join the fun now is the time.

I thought all three of you are allied? Your borders in the north never move?

No need to confirm because it's still in progress, but it seems like it anyway.

Yeah when we're starting a friendly game it seemed like everyone was at peace with everyone else. Reason why I got labeled as a back stabber, a non agression pact isn't peace, it's just non agression, the first sign of agression I saw I countered.

It's kind of funny how we all feel bad now even though thats what this game is, hehe.

Also, my money is on toblix or boris doing something interesting, they've remained out of the public eye that Im sure they are up to something.

oh, i'm lame and forgot about this. I'm a bit busy atm but i'll go through the thread tomorrow and see who is up for another game. I'm all but destroyed in my current 12 man game anyhow:(

Respect is the word, buddy. If it's any consolation, I'm sure to be next. Everything started out so nice and friendly and now it's going to be a bloodbath! It's fun though and I'd play with thumbs again.

I thought all three of you are allied? Your borders in the north never move?

The north has been a massive shitstorm waiting to happen since day one, in my opinion. We've all made pacts with each other just to survive, but we know it could collapse at any moment.

The north has been a massive shitstorm waiting to happen since day one, in my opinion. We've all made pacts with each other just to survive, but we know it could collapse at any moment.

Might be a lot to ask, considering a lot of it is strategy, but can we get some news from up there from time to time? It's funny how the whole game is tracked by just the players experience like "Holy shit last night was intense" but somewhere farther out in the galaxy theres probably a lot going on.

Might be a lot to ask, considering a lot of it is strategy, but can we get some news from up there from time to time? It's funny how the whole game is tracked by just the players experience like "Holy shit last night was intense" but somewhere farther out in the galaxy theres probably a lot going on.

Well, I am now in a position to talk, though I won't go into too much detail for the sake of fairness. I had allied with someone to completely screw over dpp. That person has called off his joint attack and is now carving up the rich and scientifically advanced empire I foolishly left unguarded while my slow fleets are out of range.

I am probably going to have to resort to full-on vindictive "take as many of you with me" mode. The yellow empire is not going to be here by the start of next week, and things are going to get interesting.

Things certainly have progressed in an interesting direction since I've been gone. Wish I could have seen the last few days.

Oh neat, I just noticed there is a "View last 7 days" button that gives you a Civ 4 end game chart about things.

Now all we need is the ability to see replays and save them.

I saw the 7-day chart thing right at the beginning, when all the charts were flat. By the time it got interesting I'd mostly forgotten about it. I checked them out one time, then today I noticed the link and thought "hey, that's probably interesting", then forgot again. My memory is poor.

I'm also totally with you on the replays thing, as I think I mentioned. I want to be able to view the whole thing with full visibility at x100 speed or something.

Well, I am now in a position to talk, though I won't go into too much detail for the sake of fairness. I had allied with someone to completely screw over dpp. That person has called off his joint attack and is now carving up the rich and scientifically advanced empire I foolishly left unguarded while my slow fleets are out of range.

I am probably going to have to resort to full-on vindictive "take as many of you with me" mode. The yellow empire is not going to be here by the start of next week, and things are going to get interesting.

I should have been more patient when doing the double cross, things might get a little messy...

HA, so yeah apparently my inexperience to last past 4 cycles is starting to show in the current game because I am not prepared for the long game, hehe.

So I can host the next if dibs is too busy.

01) Jhriad

02) DIUM

03) Nicholololas

04) Marek

05) dibs

06) bd_monkey (?)

07) Reikon

08) Thunderpeel

09) Murdoc

10) F4T C4T

Anyone else?

I could go for another run, but if someone new wants to join he/she can take my place.

I know i'm lame sorry:(

I'm happy to spend my points to set it up though! You can't buy friends, but you sure as hell can trade for them.

I'd like to join in on another game, but it might be best to let some other people go. If you're short players, then let me know.

I can see everyone that wants in both games thinking: "I won't make the same mistakes again"

I can see everyone that wants in both games thinking: "I won't make the same mistakes again"

Exactly

Man, my current game (with random strangers) is drawing to a close. When is this second thumb game happening? I am psyched for it.