02) DIUM

03) Nicholololas

04) Marek

05) dibs

06) bd_monkey (?)

07) Reikon

08) Thunderpeel

09) Murdoc

Almost a 10 person game and not far from a 12 person game.

Also jesus christ my position sucks.

I might be up for a spot in the second game if it needs more people as I might be quickly out of this one. (Remember if you take my territory, you have to hold it from everyone else, which you won't because you'll be weakened from attacking.)

Funny you mention that squid, I came up with an awesome strategy when I woke up this morning in case I ended up in your position. Well maybe not awesome, but a way to exist and play the game differently.

I'll let you in on it one day :)

(want to try it out for myself one day)

The current game is all full Thunder.

Why are you sending mail to people Sombre? theres a chat screen in the middle.

Diplomacy :)

Offering the olive branch with a knife on the other end etc.

I linked a PC gamer podcast a while ago, and someone said "The mail send function is the most important button ingame"

But I'm in Squid's list...? ;___;

Next time, then.

But I'm in Squid's list...? ;___;

Next time, then.

Squid is making a second list, we haven't started yet :)

When we do, whoever starts it will post the link. Also if you haven't signed up for an account, go do so. http://np.ironhelmet.com/

edit: Also if there is more then 12 I'll drop out since I'm already in the first game, but if you guys need a player I'm up for it.

The last list I posted was for a second game since there were more than 12. I had been keeping the other list so I figured I'd go ahead and help people out and keep up the second one too.

Am I the only one whos sending overly long in character dipolmatic mails by the way?

Oh no you are not :

/your friend in the space-south

Hahaha, good to see other people enjoy the "space-" prefix as much as I do.

I really want to be able to check up on this at work. I'm considering asking to borrow my colleague's laptop at lunch, but he's usually using it. Perhaps I should bring my netbook in and tether my phone to it…

I can already feel my sleep schedule being increasinly destroyed. I can't stop planning!

I got an epic diplomatic message from someone I don't want to disclose. Bravo sir, bravo.

Intense diplomacy is certainly underway. This is pretty dramatic. I'm perpetually nervous.

Better inbox support, real time chat, and a news ticker of galactic news scrolling at the bottom would be amazing upgrades.

*real time chat between 2 or more players. Like a sit down. Then again with better inbox support, might not be necessary.

Also the ability to check my game while at work instead of locking of google like retards, I go away for a day and the whole game has changed, whats going on?!

I don't know what happens when a game ends, but I'd really like a replay feature of some sort with the whole galaxy revealed, and a log of all communications, to see what was going on behind everyone's backs. Then again, I guess you'd have to warn players about that, in case they started getting personal about people in their private messages or something.

EDIT: I would also like the ability to merge fleets. I can transfer ships between fleets, but apparently I cannot shift the last one over. For some reason this fleet has to remain active until it's destroyed. That seems daft. For every fleet I create, I'm tying up one ship as well as the $25 it costs to form one.

Edited by JamesM

Intense diplomacy is certainly underway. This is pretty dramatic. I'm perpetually nervous.

I am also nervous and have no idea what's going on. My diplomacy has died down a little, and I'm kind of relieved!

To break the implied secrecy on everything I feel like I need to out Murdoc. No one trust Murdoc. Believe not a word he says. (Also he tried to pull the Nigerian Prince scam on me early on. That was pretty funny.)

I'm starting to understand what Chris meant when he said this game absolutely destroys friendships. Even attacking a star feels personal, not to mention fraud. I feel horrible and I haven't even done anything yet. Best game! :tup:

EDIT: Also, I can't stop making up lore for my star systems and fleets. It's pretty great.

This invokes such a sense of fear and glory in me. It's so good.

Who do I trust? Murdoc, or Squid? What would be the rammifications if I chose one of the other?

ahhhhh games!