Joflar

Neptune's Bountiful Pride

I've been playing for two days now, which means I've done almost nothing.

But from what I can tell, economy is the most important upgrade early on. Not that other things aren't important... I don't really know the ratios for these things to be honest. Just, make sure a high income is a priority.

I think there's a more general thread for tips like this in the gaming forum.

That's absolutely true, but that timing changes with distance to stars and upgrading technologies. The money comes in every day at the same time however. I'm not really arguing for or against anything, just explaining my rationale, and I could easily see the asynchronous nature of the messaging lending itself pretty well.

Yeah I'm not inclined in any direction, just thinking the time thing being out of wack is part of the fun... probably. But yeah if we launch the game at a time when everyone is available then we all at least start at the same time and can be counted to be around when the money comes in, even if we aren't, it'd just a nice way so one side of the globe doesn't have some sort of advantage.(I guess? this is all theory to me)

So, twelve is the max number of players in a given premium game, right?

Yup. Anywhere from 3-12. 3, 6 and 12 can have symmetrical spirals too.

IF we want to get a 2nd game going, i have credits i can use.

Edit: From what i can see, your money is paid daily at the time of the gamestart. Everything else trickles in over the 24 hours, but i'm not sure of the intervals.

BTW, I looked at some of the settings, and thought i'd say that I would prefer an assymetrical mapover one of the perfectly fair ones.

I will play, and enjoy, the game eitherway but I think asymmetrical starting positions give rise to much more interesting diplomacy and strategy then symmetrical ones. Not to forget, it's more realistic :)

So to restate my position: mid-length game with asymmetrical map, please.

Yes, I'm still in. How do I join this game anyway when it's created?

Ditto for me. Hey Wurtsi, we are in the same free game. I'm rockbear22 in that one.

Also, I have no preference for game time, either medium or long is good for me.

bdmonkey, I'm in the same game as you are. Want to work together, assuming there's nobody else from here in that game? :yep:

And I'm up for a second concurrent game with people here, though I don't have any premium credit.

GAME IS UP! I will send the password as a private message. The last person to join will cause the game to start, so if you're close to the last it would be really cool of you to choose a reasonable time (I think someone recommended 8pm GMT? Works for me)

If we're waiting for 8pm, we're waiting for tomorrow I guess? (in north america)

nah let's just let it start whenever, since I think it starts automatically when the last person joins, yes? Let's not worry about the universal starting time, but try to keep it in a time period that's generally good for Europe and NA.

Do we have a list of people that wanted to join but couldn't? I'd be willing to do another since I've pretty much become absolutely addicted.

Alright, I joined. Sorry I missed the coordinated roll call. Let's hear it for e-mail notifications of PMs.

Looks like I was the last one to join so sorry about potentially ruining whatever coordinated time you guys were attempting to start at. But I'm about to go to work so I figure it'd be best to join now rather than make you guys wait eight more hours.

Do we have a list of people that wanted to join but couldn't? I'd be willing to do another since I've pretty much become absolutely addicted.

I'm definatly up for a game. I have creidts so i can start one if peeps are interested.

I present a mockup of the galaxy map, for everyone.

npmap.jpg

Key-

Red-Joflar

L Blue-Sombre

Orange- JamesM

Yellow-IrishJohn

Purple-Decap

Darker Blue- Jenona

L Green- Squid Division

D Green-Murdoc

Maroon-Excub

Brown-Toblix