Joflar

Neptune's Bountiful Pride

There might be enough people to start a second game if we have to. I think the player count is capped at 12.

I, too, am an infrequent-to-nonexistent forumer who would enjoy a game of Neptune's Bounty (as I refuse to stop calling it) with thumbed men and women.

So if all goes well the game should start Thursday. I plan on starting a Medium-length game which should last a month or two from what I've read, but if you guys want to do the year long space saga or a shorter game then let me know!

i try to sign up this but there is something error check it again .Apple would be better suited to try to market the ipad news as something that could be used in schools or could be used as a way to revolutionize how we read our news every morning.

Edited by annymack

I could join a game if people don't mind me not having the faintest clue what I'm doing (I'm bad enough at strategy games as it is) and possibly forgetting that it's going on at some point maybe and therefore leaving my people to die. It sounds interesting, but I often think that about strategy games and then discover I'm too stupid for war.

I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm not very good at these games, but I have really enjoyed Neptune's Pride so far. Jump into a free game in preparation for playing with thumbs. That's what I'm doing.

So, these are the people that have confirmed interested in the game:

01) Joflar

02) Squid Division

03) Wursti

04) Sombre

05) Jennoa

06) dpp

07) JamesM

08) Irish John

09) Toblix

10) Murdoc

11) excuberance

12) JamesM

---

13) Boris Stoke

14) Jhriad

15) DIUM

Should people maybe confirm/refute their interest in playing so we get a clear, for-certain picture?

I'm definitely still up for it.

Medium game sounds good.

I definitely still want in.

You could also count my vote for a long game.

Bolded have been confirmed, others have been added.

01) Joflar

02) Squid Division

03) Wursti

04) Sombre

05) Jennoa

06) dpp

07) JamesM

08) Irish John

09) Toblix

10) Murdoc

11) excuberance

12) Boris Stoke

-----

13) Jhriad

14) DIUM

15) Nicholololas

16) Marek

17) dibs

Edit: Fixed

Edited by Squid Division

Yo SquidDivision you have JamesM on there twice at #7 and 12.

Still waiting for paypal to give the Ironhelmet people my money so I can get credits...

I'm still in. I vote for mid-length or shorter, because who knows who will still be alive by then?

I really should practice this at some point. Or I could just be the comic relief buffoon.

Alright that's everyone except Boris Stoke. Do we want to start the game at a time everyone can be on? From my understanding the money goes on a 24 hour cycle, so it'd be convenient to have everyone on at the same time for tech trading (which costs money) and diplomacy.

If the game goes up on Thursday, I'd propose 1930 GMT (I have class until 1900 so it gives me time to get home). I'm not sure if there's a way to launch the game at a certain time in the private matches.

What times work for you?

Alright that's everyone except Boris Stoke. Do we want to start the game at a time everyone can be on? From my understanding the money goes on a 24 hour cycle, so it'd be convenient to have everyone on at the same time for tech trading (which costs money) and diplomacy.

If the game goes up on Thursday, I'd propose 1930 GMT (I have class until 1900 so it gives me time to get home). I'm not sure if there's a way to launch the game at a certain time in the private matches.

What times work for you?

I see the logic in this, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, but timing is kind of a big part of the game in terms of making moves, plotting waypoint moves, etc...

I know it's the kind of game that just eats your nerves because of it, but I wonder if we won't lose a quality of the game if we are treating this like chess where we all make our moves around the same time and trade at the same time.

Though I agree that if we can launch at a time when everyone is around that'd be helpful.

That's absolutely true, but that timing changes with distance to stars and upgrading technologies. The money comes in every day at the same time however. I'm not really arguing for or against anything, just explaining my rationale, and I could easily see the asynchronous nature of the messaging lending itself pretty well.