Joflar

Neptune's Bountiful Pride

http://np.ironhelmet.com

You will need a Google Account to play (you should already have this if you use G-mail)

Tutorial here:

http://np.ironhelmet.com/tutorial

Important stuff:

I recommend reading the combat section of the tutorial, which will save you a lot of grief.

If you want to increase the size of your fleet, you can send them to planets that have built ships. With every planet they visit, they'll automatically assimilate ships that aren't part of the garrison.

You need at least 1 Industry on a star for it to make ships

While the Idle Thumbs game is getting set up, I'd recommend joining one of the free games and fiddling around with the interface. It's really easy to get the hang of!

Alright, who is interested?

I'm tentatively in. I'll be sure to check out the tutorial first though.

Edit:

This game sounds like a mix of Risk and Sins of a Solar Empire. I'll get some play time in after dinner.

Edited by Squid Division

Sounds like one of those games I'll admire for afar but won't have the wherewithal to actually play. I will be anxiously waiting to hear anecdotes from the Thumbs game though.

Groucho - if you mean your PC, I THINK it's a browser game (correct?) so you should be good to play if you want.

Edit:

Yeah just heard the description on the cast. I'm definitely in.

Edited by Squid Division

Groucho - if you mean your PC, I THINK it's a browser game (correct?) so you should be good to play if you want.

Edit:

Yeah just heard the description on the cast. I'm definitely in.

Yeah its browser-based and all the graphics are essentially still images. I highly recommend trying out a free game to see if you like the concept, because once we start the game it will take a long time to finish.

Rock Paper Shotgun did a sweet series of articles about this game here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/03/10/pride-and-falls-neptunes-pride-diary-part-1/

Groucho - if you mean your PC,

No, the only hardware problem in this case is with the hardware inside my head. As interesting as it sounds, this game seems a little too Breckonesque for me to wrap my brain around.

I tried signing up, but I guess i guess my domain name that I created to have a personalized Gmail account won't work or something? It wouldn't let me log in...

I'm almost 1 day into my first match, too early to say anything. If it's possible to play concurrent games, I'd play with you anytime.

If it makes you feel any better Groucho, I'm playing and from the sounds of things, I'm the anti-breckon.

Really the only "strategy" type game I've had any luck, then mastery, with was Flotilla. My current free neptune game is not going so well.

If no one objects, I offered to sponsor the first game (or more, who knows) in the episode thread, so if not one minds I'll go through with it. Should we go with a quick game to begin with or a long game? I'm all for learning, but personally like the idea of the long game.

The list so far seems to be:

Joflar

Squid Division

Wursti

Sombre

Jennoa

dpp

Murdoc

*Groucho (needs a push)

*Sully907 (needs the ability to log in first)

**emuerte? (probably not, but he could have just been sarcrastic?)

Would be really cool if we could get a full game going; say we wait a week? (Also gives time for people to sign up and much around in a free game)

If it makes you feel any better Groucho, I'm playing and from the sounds of things, I'm the anti-breckon.

Really the only "strategy" type game I've had any luck, then mastery, with was Flotilla. My current free neptune game is not going so well.

If no one objects, I offered to sponsor the first game (or more, who knows) in the episode thread, so if not one minds I'll go through with it. Should we go with a quick game to begin with or a long game? I'm all for learning, but personally like the idea of the long game.

The list so far seems to be:

Joflar

Squid Division

Wursti

Sombre

Jennoa

dpp

Murdoc

*Groucho (needs a push)

*Sully907 (needs the ability to log in first)

**emuerte? (probably not, but he could have just been sarcrastic?)

Would be really cool if we could get a full game going; say we wait a week? (Also gives time for people to sign up and much around in a free game)

Sounds good to me. I'm all for going with a long game. I just started a short free game, and I am curious how the dynamics change with a longer play session.

I'm already playing this. Please add me to whatever list you're working on there.

Oh you don't have to worry about buying credits, I ordered some yesterday.

I'd definitely prefer a long game, but if people don't want to, then it doesn't make sense to do one if they won't keep up with it. I think a long game gives you a little more leeway to learn on your own, plus it grants the ability to get your ass handed to you, but still come back from a tiny cluster of stars later on.

I think having a summary of the full game when it's done would be awesome. I suppose we should each do our own then post it, that way we could see what people's strategies were throughout the game. Just a thought.

I'd definitely prefer a long game, but if people don't want to, then it doesn't make sense to do one if they won't keep up with it. I think a long game gives you a little more leeway to learn on your own, plus it grants the ability to get your ass handed to you, but still come back from a tiny cluster of stars later on.

Yeah my reasoning too, Squid.

Cool, Jo, if we continue this beyond your credits, I'll pick up the next rounds. Just make sure to call the custom galaxy some thumbs meme, hehehe.

thumbs.jpg

Yay, Thumbs!

What galaxy is that in Wurtsi? (Sorry at work and cant log in, but those names seem familiar, but I dont recall noticing yours)

It's a free thing called Beta Algieba if that's what you meant. The game just started yesterday. Great fun!

I'm not convinced that this game deserves my time. Is it just pointing dots to an other place?

I'm not convinced that this game deserves my time. Is it just pointing dots to an other place?

Yeah pretty much, I keep clicking dots but I'm loosing for some reason. Anyone have any tips on how to get better at clicking them?

Wutsi; cool, I guess that answers the question that you can join more then one game at once, because a couple of those guys are in the game I'm in.

It's like Risk? Then I'm not interested.

You know this is a free online game, right? You can get to to know it intimately within minutes from now by going here.