Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 6: Shoveling Your Hat and Crow

I actually would be sad if a wave came out of nowhere and knocked the Big Dog over. It struggles to get up, but can't. It gets pulled out to sea, the bee sound doing that whole circuit bent pitch down slow down thing that robots on TV do when they get unplugged.

Are you kidding? Didn't you see how quickly it righted itself on ice?! That thing is the master of being upright. No possible future can escape its onslaught.

Edited by JamesM

Oh, so I forgot to mention it, but the Telltale TF2 victory had a big impact at work, thanks for that! Such epic lulz.

Our company is sort of like NetDevil's parent company, and while it's not rare for us to have reasons to poke fun at them, the more the merrier. Our QA dept. was making TF2 jokes all week about them getting "backdoored" by adventure games and being shamed into putting honey and cat hair item drops into Lego Universe so that players could craft a mustache.

One of our managers is transferring there, and during the meeting where he announced the transition, one of the questions was "can you play scout, cause they need some help over there." Bwaa ha ha!

Just in case ANYONE missed the epicness (I doubt it):

ytlukfuFL3A

Can someone make a compilation of bro-hugs in GTA4? That'd be the best thing

I'd pay upwards of 1200 Microsoft points for that.

Oh, so I forgot to mention it, but the Telltale TF2 victory had a big impact at work, thanks for that! Such epic lulz.

Our company is sort of like NetDevil's parent company, and while it's not rare for us to have reasons to poke fun at them, the more the merrier. Our QA dept. was making TF2 jokes all week about them getting "backdoored" by adventure games and being shamed into putting honey and cat hair item drops into Lego Universe so that players could craft a mustache.

Hahaha this is the best thing. I don't know if Telltale's team had any business beating anyone because we mostly fart around and blow ourselves up and then laugh about it (other than the couple months SR was going on, during which we had to fumble around to find enough mics for everyone, and figure out how to practice), so it was great to find a team we could not simply beat, but roll, if just that once.

Yeah I sent that video out to everyone, so awesome. If only it could be recreated when all of TellTale had max hats on.

Can someone make a compilation of bro-hugs in GTA4? That'd be the best thing

I might do that.

Any music or stylistic requests for the video?

For example:

You Sexy Thing and a cheesy romantic style.

Hahaha this is the best thing. I don't know if Telltale's team had any business beating anyone because we mostly fart around and blow ourselves up and then laugh about it (other than the couple months SR was going on, during which we had to fumble around to find enough mics for everyone, and figure out how to practice), so it was great to find a team we could not simply beat, but roll, if just that once.

Heh heh, there were a couple of stories about the massive ruckus the TF2 players make during their lunch practices at NetDevil.

The comment about the mics is soo familiar- It's amazing what it takes to even get 10 or so people onto the same vent server for some kinda coordinated video capture thing... There are certain weird tools that a game company can just SUMMON to every workstation, like "floating licences for Adobe Creative Suite and a stack of wacom tablets? No problem!" Ask IT for "some microphones" or "headsets" and pretty soon people are bringing hardware in from home, heh heh.

...the same way you can't get to Hot Scoo without it saying Steve Hot Scoops Gaynor...

Bask in the glory of Idle Thumbs.

Success.jpg

Yeah, are we gonna Google Bomb that or what? Let's get some Sean Famous Vanaman, Jake Video Games Rodkin, and Chris Boost Remo working!

If it's already been mentioned, sorry but, if not :

Catching up on podcast is magical... I checked this the moment they mentioned it.

7e06e0c7abd669096f7cdd64300fatt.jpg

Google tells us he needn't a full name now, should he be referred as Sean Fam. ?

Sean 'Fam Famous' 'Famous Vana' Vanaman!!!!1

I feel so much better now that I got that out there. :getmecoat

Sean 'Fam Famous' 'Famous Vana' Vanaman!!!!1

I feel so much better now that I got that out there. :getmecoat

You forgot Bandanaman though.

So I was listening to this episode yesterday because I picked up Starcraft 2 recently while it was on sale, so I went back and downloaded all the episodes that discussed SC2. I would like to point out that during the discussion of Red Dead Redemption there was a brief debate of whether or not blaxploitation films were similar to westerns. Thanks to Tarantino's efforts, we can now safely answer that question in the affirmative!