Jake

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 6: Shoveling Your Hat and Crow

Well, congratulations Thumbs. I've chuckled a bunch at your 'cast before, but I can't recall ever totally losing my shit before. This episode had me do it twice. First, at "Mighty Ducks shenanigans" referring to TF2 play, followed by the confirmation of a flying V. I laughed way too loud at that mental image, with each class being represented in my mind's picture. Second, when you talked about Dracula Shepard, I went over the edge completely and couldn't stop laughing for about ten minutes. Well played.

I think Vanaman should become a permanent, or at the very least, far more regular cast member.

I agree, Famous is awesome.

A cast with Famous AND Scoops would melt my face.

Bought Flotilla and played co-op with a coworker yesterday and it was as fun as described. We totally amassed a huge fleet of about 5 different ships and got a sweet high score- Thanks Vanaman!

There was some rumbling about spending too much time talking about a strategy choc board game, and I am here to tell you "Hell no we wanna hear about ALL kinds of gaming goodness!" (Well, maybe not Survivor? Ha ha ha!)

I agree, Famous is awesome.

A cast with Famous AND Scoops would melt my face.

Hear hear! Really missed Steve this week, but the Famous totally made up for it.

He's like having another flavour of Jake on the 'cast, given their similar perspectives and such. Epic, epic win.

I had no idea Famous was such a badass!

I enjoy that photo, if only video games and famous were next to each other there may have been some crazy hijinx.

Might I suggest an Idle Thumbs remix of Miracles as performed by the Chris Remo Orchestra... too bold an idea? Is the world ready?

It's hilarious how these goofy nicknames come out of nowhere and stick forever. Do we even have any idea why they were calling Sean "Famous"?

It's hilarious how these goofy nicknames come out of nowhere and stick forever. Do we even have any idea why they were calling Sean "Famous"?

Because he was on that GDC "Comedy in games" panel. And video games is called video games, because he doesn't play any. And hot scoops is called hot scoops, because the first time he was one he had hot scoops.

What about Boost-Remo?

That's not really a nick 'breckon' name, just his middle name. What else did you think the B in Chris B. Remo stood for?

And video games is called video games, because he doesn't play any.

I thought it was from one of the episode intros where somebody said some nonsense.

The best nicknames just fit and need no examination of their origins. You can't force them, and you can't explain them. Just roll with it, there's no need to examine everyone's nickname.

Might I suggest an Idle Thumbs remix of Miracles as performed by the Chris Remo Orchestra... too bold an idea? Is the world ready?

I've been trying to remix something, but the mixer window in Fl Studios is going insane and flashing. As someone with epilepsy, this is baad.

Crap, don't have a stroke on account of entertaining us!

I'm surprised when Chris(Or Jake?) Said "Horse Mail" they didn't meme it up with some now classic, "BrInG tHe MoNeY To thE RoCKeTMAil stop" in the kindapper voice.

I've been trying to remix something, but the mixer window in Fl Studios is going insane and flashing. As someone with epilepsy, this is baad.

Awright, I got FL Studios working. Sort of. I finished the instrumentation, but when I was almost done, FL Studios crashed and decided that the mp3 of episode 6 doesn't exsist.

So I lost all the voice editing and the careful vocoder work I did.

Arrrrrgh. I'll finish it tomorrow.

"The Percentage of any sort of discreetly named publishing unit...EA Partners has an extremely high rate of success for me personally in terms of my interests."

-Chris Remo-

Hm, do you have a list of recent EA and EA Partners games handy? Sadly Wikipedia is not delivering.

A guy on another forum I frequent just made a "EA makes shit games" post and it's very important that I prove this person wrong on the Internet.