toblix

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

So, it's been almost 10 months. Is there a reason why the DVD isn't available yet?
When is Season 3 dvd supposed to come out anyway? Looks top class and I can't wait to have that on my shelf just like the previous seasons.

What's wrong with you people?

My fault is because I have too much stuff.

I do in fact have the third season on dvd since new year.

Me. :tdown:

I started replaying the Sam & Max games of Telltale.

Just finished the first ep, I've never actually played further than 1x03. I wonder why Hot Scoops is under the "special thanks to" in the end credits?

I really wonder has it really been already five years since the first season came out... so crazy how fast time is going.

Edited by Kolzig

Um... it is? I have it sitting next to my computer...

That's wierd. I never received the email about it. And the website still says "Get the Collector's DVD after the season ends" rather than just "Get the DVD now!".

Edited by thorn

I started replaying the Sam & Max games of Telltale.

Just finished the first ep, I've never actually played further than 1x03. I wonder why Hot Scoops is under the "special thanks to" in the end credits?

In my opinion the games get better starting with 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die, with a couple dips in quality along the way (I'm not too fond of season 2's second episode, Moai Better Blues, and I'm mixed on the episode right after that as well, for instance) but I hope you enjoy them as you go :)

Steve is credited under special thanks for some of the earlier episodes because he went to many of the playtests for the first two seasons.

In my opinion the games get better starting with 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die, with a couple dips in quality along the way (I'm not too fond of season 2's second episode, Moai Better Blues, and I'm mixed on the episode right after that as well, for instance)

This is totally spot on.

I'm not too fond of season 2's second episode, Moai Better Blues

Weren't there some problems with the puzzles/design of that episode, and as a result, a large chunk of it was cut out just before release?

Weren't there some problems with the puzzles/design of that episode, and as a result, a large chunk of it was cut out just before release?

One puzzle, taking drink orders, was cut because it was deemed too hard. I don't know if that was really the case -- i didn't find it too hard personally -- but that's the decision reached after play testing.

There was bigger narrative content cut out just before the episode went into production which i think hurt it more -- it was supposed to include Mack Salmon, but there was unease about including a hypothetical origin story for that character, so it was removed and Mr Spatula was the villain alone.

If I remember correctly, I spent my free episode coupon on Moai Better Blues and never bought the entire second season because of it.

Huh, I didn't think finding origin stories were all that important in Sam and Max.

Huh, I didn't think finding origin stories were all that important in Sam and Max.

Don't want to mess with the canon, I guess. Still, it would make sense to me for characters to claim different, conflicting origin stories in the S&M verse.

One puzzle, taking drink orders, was cut because it was deemed too hard. I don't know if that was really the case -- i didn't find it too hard personally -- but that's the decision reached after play testing.

There was bigger narrative content cut out just before the episode went into production which i think hurt it more -- it was supposed to include Mack Salmon, but there was unease about including a hypothetical origin story for that character, so it was removed and Mr Spatula was the villain alone.

Plus I forgot to capture a big chunk of the middle of the game for the DVD commentary. *sigh*