Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

I need help identifying a game

Yes! Thank you so much!! He lived in Potsdam New York (I kept thinking the town had something to do with kitchenware). Such an obvious name too, don't know why I couldn't remember. My brain can rest easy now.

Look at this awesome shit:

250px-Digger_Instructions.jpg

I LOVE those old game monster designs! Reminds me of qbert. Great thread idea, by the way. I can never remember the names of old games.

Also, Wurtsi, hooray! I loved ski free.

Maybe this thread can help me, this has been bugging me for a couple of years.

There was an arcade game at a local pizzeria which I played a bunch as a kid. This would have been 1987-8. It was a side scrolling game where you were a knight with the traditional shield and sword. You killed bats and skeletons (on the first level at least). The game screen scrolled forward by itself at a steady rate. The controls were two joysticks, the left one would move the shield so you could cover top, mid or bottom of your guy. The sword controls were similar. I also recall that if you moved the shield up and down quickly enough you got a temporary force field to protect you.

I would play with my pal and we'd split the costs and play "co-op", I took the shield.

Ring any bells?

Edited by Floordje

Sounds very similar to the SNES game that Angry Video Game Nerd reviewed, I wish I could remember the name.

How about this Gish-like game for the Amiga where you controlled one or more blobs that could transform?

I think you could go from water to steam which was cool, and you had all these traits that helped you negotiate the level

Maybe this thread can help me, this has been bugging me for a couple of years.

There was an arcade game at a local pizzeria which I played a bunch as a kid. This would have been 1987-8. It was a side scrolling game where you were a knight with the traditional shield and sword. You killed bats and skeletons (on the first level at least). The game screen scrolled forward by itself at a steady rate. The controls were two joysticks, the left one would move the shield so you could cover top, mid or bottom of your guy. The sword controls were similar. I also recall that if you moved the shield up and down quickly enough you got a temporary force field to protect you.

I would play with my pal and we'd split the costs and play "co-op", I took the shield.

Ring any bells?

This one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_%27n_Goblins

or this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghouls_%27n_Ghosts

Can't remember if he had a shield, but definitely has a knight that kills bats etc and side scrolled.

I'm trying to remember an old point and click adventure game I played at a friends house. It was sort of a Who framed Roger Rabbit ripoff, with some dude pulled into a cartoon world. I think it might have had a part in a circus, but I may be wrong.

Did it star Christopher Lloyd?

Was it called Toonstruck?

Did it star Christopher Lloyd?

Was it called Toonstruck?

yes that's it

This thread is fun! I wish I had a game that needed identifying.

This thread is fun! I wish I had a game that needed identifying.

You can always pretend you need one identified.

I'm looking for a game I played on my once beloved Commodore 64. I've played it as a kid (8-10) and can't remember much. I've already looked through lists of games with screenshots (hundreds of games), but could never identify it. I can't even remember if I actually played it that much, but there is one moment in the game I recall.

I think it was some kind of jump and run. Side-scroller perspective. The only thing I remember from the game was that there is a "platform" with a door in the background. When you come close the door opens and a man with a small redish/brownish dog comes out. And there is a tune set to it. I remember losing the game when I came too close to the dog (never understood why).

It's all very hazy. But I can't forget it and it's driving me nuts.

If you can't remember the title either, no problem! I've got another one! Also played on the C64. It was a one-screen-per-level-type of game (like Donkey Kong). It takes place on a steel framework (the steel is red I think) of an unfinished building. You are playing a construction worker who hops around on a compressed air rivet hammer. Object of the game is to clench all rivets (I recall them beeing white) spread along the steel stringers while avoiding a bad guy(?) and maybe obstacles (can't remember).

Any idea?

I have a Norwegian I need indentifying....

toblix.jpg

Just who is he?

Well, the picture is called Toblix so i'm gunna go ahead and say Toblix...

Anyway, there was this puzzle game that consisted of a 3d grid plane with colours and you rolled this coloured cube around to match what was on the floor then I think the the floor panel was removed when you did that. It had an awesome sound track too.

This sounds like Endorfun: http://www.mobygames.com/game/endorfun

1.) Played a 2d adventure game demo sometime in the 90s. The demo scene had your character shrunk down in size, and placed in a habitrail with carnivorous hamsters. I seem to remember that the game delighted in killing the player.

While I haven't played it, the one screenshot I remember of Orion Burger had the main character shrunk down and put in a hamster cage: http://www.mobygames.com/game/orion-burger

Ok, I think I need some help.

There was this game I used to play back on the old XBox. It was a first person shooter, I think. The whole thing took place on this giant ring in space, that's all I really remember about it. There were also a whole bunch of vehicles named after animals. I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Ok, I think I need some help.

There was this game I used to play back on the old XBox. It was a first person shooter, I think. The whole thing took place on this giant ring in space, that's all I really remember about it. There were also a whole bunch of vehicles named after animals. I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Halo.

Aagh! I remember a hospital management sim game from the late 90's I think. It had all kinds of weird diseases like people with inflated heads and lots of people who thought they were Elvis.

Aagh! I remember a hospital management sim game from the late 90's I think. It had all kinds of weird diseases like people with inflated heads and lots of people who thought they were Elvis.

Sim Hospital?

Maybe.

It's Theme Hospital by Bullfrog. Fun fact: 1842 days in the top 100 of Amazon.co.uk.

It's Theme Hospital by Bullfrog. Fun fact: 1842 days in the top 100 of Amazon.co.uk.

Oh man, I played Theme Park by Bullfrog, that was a sweet game.

I tried thinking about a couple games I played in my past, but after searching random descriptions of them in Google I always found their name... except one!

It's a PlayStation game that was featured on a demo disc at some point that seemed like a Japanese-port, in fact, I distinctly remember hearing a crazy angry Japanese voice yelling at you if you did anything wrong. Anyways, you moved a rod through a huge amount of obstacles and you couldn't touch the sides - kind of like a platformer Operation game.