Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

I need help identifying a game

And I suppose this could apply as a catch 22 "What game is this" thread.

All I remember, was that it was a PC game that I played in the late 90s. I believe it was a point and click adventure game (Not sure if it was 2d, I remember some sort of 3d), and it was some sort of christmassy game, there was a lot of...reindeer NPCs and I think you walk in on a female one in the shower.

I can't stop thinking about it, help me out thumbs!

Good thread idea, can't help on this one but figured I'd put up my own.

I remember getting a demo disk of games with either windows 95 or 98, it featured a 3d menu where you'd walk around and go up to the picture of the game you wanted to play to play/install it. It featured Mechwarrior 2 and other stuff.

Anyway, there was this puzzle game that consisted of a 3d grid plane with colours and you rolled this coloured cube around to match what was on the floor then I think the the floor panel was removed when you did that. It had an awesome sound track too.

No idea what it was though, but it was a lot of fun.

edit: Actually maybe I can help; it'd be odd there was two games with a reindeer in the shower:

http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Spud/Spud_Review.shtm

Good thread idea, can't help on this one but figured I'd put up my own.

I remember getting a demo disk of games with either windows 95 or 98, it featured a 3d menu where you'd walk around and go up to the picture of the game you wanted to play to play/install it. It featured Mechwarrior 2 and other stuff.

Anyway, there was this puzzle game that consisted of a 3d grid plane with colours and you rolled this coloured cube around to match what was on the floor then I think the the floor panel was removed when you did that. It had an awesome sound track too.

No idea what it was though, but it was a lot of fun.

edit: Actually maybe I can help; it'd be odd there was two games with a reindeer in the shower:

http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Spud/Spud_Review.shtm

Holy SHIT this could be it. To the download internet!

The identities to these games have been eluding me for a while...

1.) Played a 2d adventure game demo sometime in the 90s. The demo scene had your character shrunk down in size, and placed in a habitrail with carnivorous hamsters. I seem to remember that the game delighted in killing the player.

2.) Some Myst-style game about robot dinosaurs living under the Earth's crust. Might have been a bargain-bin jewel case game.

Anyone ever play that paper airplane game on those early eMacs or iMacs or bMacs or whatever those Apples where.

OK. So I remember a demo on my dad's Amiga, the one thing I particularly remember was a similar room to the first room of Beneath a Steel Sky, though the second floor was at the back and the staircase was on the right side of the room. Said room was more of a lab, with a green and white colour scheme.

I remember a long time ago of existance of a game called Ring in my life. Not that I played it, it was just there. Anyone remembers anything about it before I go spelunking into our cellar?

Ring and somethingsomething nibelungen? I remember seeing the cover of that box years and yeeeaaars ago; it said it was based on some kind of opera. I considered buying it but never did. I don't even know what kind of game it was.

Yes, I realize that wasn't at all helpful. :mock:

Ring and somethingsomething nibelungen? I remember seeing the cover of that box years and yeeeaaars ago; it said it was based on some kind of opera. I considered buying it but never did. I don't even know what kind of game it was.

Yes, I realize that wasn't at all helpful. :mock:

Der Ring des Nibelungen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_(video_game)

What's that one old 2d game where you play kind of like a red PacMan, except you can dig through shit and there are lots of enemies and changing levels? I remember it was pretty common, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

What's that one old 2d game where you play kind of like a red PacMan, except you can dig through shit and there are lots of enemies and changing levels? I remember it was pretty common, but I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Do you mean

Digger_%28video_game%29_%28IBM_PC_Version_-_CGA%29_gameplay.gif

Digger?

I have that game. It's not a great as it looks. I rather play Chronomaster.

Thanks, that is everything I wanted to know.

Yes! It was SupaPlex. Man this game was awesome. We used to play the shit out of this every day after school. Well, this and SkiFree... Good times.

Since I can't create a new thread, I'll ask this question here (it's loosely related). Could someone help me with the name of an indie game developer?

I remember reading an article recently profiling the guys life. Seems like he made one of the bigger indie games from last year. He has a wife and kids and they live in a small shack in the country. I remember the article mentioned his yard was like a natural prairie. He may have lived in upstate New York. I also remember people leaving comments in response questioning his devotion to development possibly putting the kids at risk (I think in the interview he mentions the house being rather run down and unsafe).

I may have imagined some, or all of those details.

At this point I don't even remember why I wanted to know this information; all I know is I can't find the right google search phrase to find who it was and it's driving me nuts. Anyone know who this is?

Since I can't create a new thread, I'll ask this question here (it's loosely related). Could someone help me with the name of an indie game developer?

I remember reading an article recently profiling the guys life. Seems like he made one of the bigger indie games from last year. He has a wife and kids and they live in a small shack in the country. I remember the article mentioned his yard was like a natural prairie. He may have lived in upstate New York. I also remember people leaving comments in response questioning his devotion to development possibly putting the kids at risk (I think in the interview he mentions the house being rather run down and unsafe).

At this point I don't even remember why I wanted to know this information; all I know is I can't find the right google search phrase to find who it was and it's driving me nuts. Anyone know who this is?

Sounds like Jason Rohrer http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/jason-rohrer/

Jason Rohrer. Yeah it is: http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/jason-rohrer/simpleLife.html