Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26418358

The fight back begins! human exoskeletons are kinda cool, until you consider what it would be like to be strapped into something like that and carried around against you will.....

Also who in their right mind calls their robotics company CYBERDYNE SYSTEMS!!!

lso who in their right mind calls their robotics company CYBERDYNE SYSTEMS!!!

Cyberdyne's product is a Hydraulic Assistive Limb system. Good one guys!

Loving the quote at the end.

Rich Walker, of the London-based Shadow Robot Company, told BBC News ... "Safety will be vital for 'on the body' robotics. There is a new ISO standard covering this, but we haven't yet seen what happens when an exoskeleton goes wrong."

Walker, eh? Sounds like a robot to me (sorry)

I can just see my facebook news feed 10 years from now:

"You'll Laugh So Hard When You See These 27 Weird Pictures of Humans Trying to Resist The New Era of Robotic Ascendancy!"

^ i've seen that in a movie or a video game. Its for taking out aircraft's, as you can't outmanoeuvre a laser. It just tracks enemy, constantly pumping radiation in to the aircraft until either the pilot melts or the plane explodes

my science may be a little off

A Texas firm has revealed a personal security drone with a stun gun capable of unleashing 80,000 volts.

The firm showed off the drone in a series of shocking demonstrations bringing a volunteer to the ground.

It says the drone uses a smart app to track intruders, and once it had received the go ahead from a human operator, it fires taser darts and unleashes 80,000 volts.

The Drone was created by web firm Chaotic Moon studios, which has previously created a pizza ordering table and a series of hit apps for clients.

It was unveiled at SXSW for reasons (??).

I'm not a man of violence, but if a weird hexacopter drone started menacing me like that I would have no qualms about smashing it to bits.

Uh yeah so all it takes is a bug in the "don't taze until you get the go ahead" code and that motherfucker can just fly around tazing people. Also of note is that this company has previously made "a series of hit apps" which is probably code for "apps that hitmen use to find their targets." Once they get those to synergize with the robots we will have autonomous hitmen roaming through the streets, reaping vengeance on those who have pissed off software developers and those rich enough to engage their services.

Where does this fit into the canon of robots that will overtake humans at doing things?

Reminds me of when Google pitted one of their self-driving cars against a human race car driver a few years back.

(the robot car easily beat the human driver)

(the robot car easily beat the human driver)

((to an unrecognisable pulp))

((to an unrecognisable pulp))

(((and crafted ping pong balls from the bone dust)))

That robot table tennis match turned out to be an ad for a robot company that wasn't an actual competition. I am both relieved and disappointed.