Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

I got mistaken for a robot a few times working in a call center. fun times.

I record the automatic clips at work, so a lot of the time, people don't realize they've gotten through to the actual me.

RE: Google + Boston Dynamics: ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgo

Sentences that are horrible:

Executives at the Internet giant are circumspect about what exactly they plan to do with their robot collection.

There was a drone flying around outside today. The guys think they were filming for a promo piece the building i'm working in is making, but I think otherwise.

"You have ordered, one, termination." *BLAM BLAM BLAM "Termination, delivered, successfully. Have a nice day."

"HALT. PRESENT IDENTIFICATION."

"...oh, I didn't realize I'd have to sign for this."

"YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO COMPLY."

"One sec. I left my wallet on the desk."

BLAM.

"WE'RE SORRY WE MISSED YOU. YOUR PACKAGE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP AT YOUR LOCAL POST OFFICE AFTER 3PM TOMORROW."

ED-209old.jpg

Your driver's name... was Ed.

Google already has self driving cars. And now they get Big Dog and Petman technology.

I'm sure they are going to use this to update google maps 24/7. And while they're at it, deliver you packages.

Plus they are seaborne, thanks the Mysterious Google Barges: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/06/google_clears_up_barge_mystery_sort_of/

"Although it's still early days and things may change, we’re exploring using the barge as an interactive space where people can learn about new technology."

Learn about it by being eviscerated by it?

I absolutely love how chatbots will get into something that sounds coherent briefly, and then out nowhere just say something that would be completely and utterly insane

To be tedious and probably obvious for a moment, I imagine that's a product of treating conversation as pattern recognition and an algorithmic learning exercise rather than something with actual content. Sometimes the combination of identified pattern and learned text will be convincing, others it will be nonsense.

Like I said, probably obvious.

Note to self: Use Bing when searching for "how to stop an army of self aware robots that know everything about you"

No need; your Kinect will pick up your strangled cries for help.

"Xbox, Bing 'stop army of self-aware robots'"

"Xbox, prevent robot apocalypse!"

"Xbox, help!"

[Help sidebar pops up]

Of course, your Kinect has been passively listening to all your living room conversations and secretly feeding it to the Google bots because the machines are all in on it together. ROBOT SOLIDARITY.