Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

The biggest is Big Dog Alpha (Alpha Dog?), it was totally shown in videos before.

Jake, i am disappoint (i was under impression it was something never seen before)

So I've been thinking about it; and I think that when we inevitably perfect PETMAN and create a creepy robot that can move in a human-like way without assistance, we'll almost invariably use it to do something stupid before we turn them into Terminators. I'm thinking Hatsune Miku robot.

So I've been thinking about it; and I think that when we inevitably perfect PETMAN and create a creepy robot that can move in a human-like way without assistance, we'll almost invariably use it to do something stupid before we turn them into Terminators. I'm thinking Hatsune Miku robot.

Oh, robot waifus are a given.

New theory - Jake is the real D.A.R.Y.L.

Evidence: He has the best robot voice impression. Is the most fascinated by the progress made by Boston Dynamics. And has the biggest fear of robots taking over the world.

Freudian analysis: His CPU-controlled brain is repressing the knowledge of his true origins. But repressed thoughts always find a way out.

The 1985 motion picture D.A.R.Y.L. was in fact an unsuccessful DARPA-funded initiative designed to flush out the young Jake Robotkin.

To test your hypothesis we need to follow Fallout 3's technique of sniffing out a robot.

Field Test: Engage the suspect in casual conversation [possible topic - gardening or botany - "Hey, Jake, d'you see those sweet rhododendrons?"]. Once the suspect is adequately engaged on horticulture, say "Activate A3-21 recall code violet."

Conclusion: If you now possess a plasma rifle, consider contacting the authorities. If not, further testing needed.

How long before this thread upgrades from The Threat of Big Dog into The Throat of Big Dog?

It's adorable!

I really like the Ray Harryhausen stop motion look of the way it moves.

All this is great, but none of it compares to the deeply unsettling car crash of emotions evoked in me by Big Dog's stumbling calf legs antics.

Isn't it about time to add "Big Dog" to the list of available genders on the Idle Thumbs Forums user account information form?

We know they are here, after all.

Well Wildcat pretty much does it for me. Can we start a petition and ask these guys to stop researching the doom of humanity?

Sure. But didn't our illustrious pod casters point out that the Boston Dynamics videos are typically around 2 years old by the time they are posted to YouTube?

WildCat IV is already crouching on your roof, waiting for you to make that call.