Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

I programmed my Big Dog to wait outside right before I descended the smokey steps of the Rusty Motherboard. Wading through a swamp of noise, I made my way to the bar..."Compressorhead playing Ace of Spades again, Sam? When's the last time we had a human band in this place!?"

"Aaaaahh human bands aint worth the nano-creds!!!"

An AR Drone offered me a cigarrette.

To make him as lifelike as possible, they programmed him to never be able to stay on time.

/Leno out

Came to post the Motörhead video :) that was sweet

Imagine popping down your local pub that occasional has live music at the weekends, you walk through the door and there's a robot bad playing Motörhead! I think I'd scream with excitement, then I'd scream in terror, then I'd order half an ale to calm my nerves

That's the emotion for when he peels away your skin after having pinned you to the wall with giant hook hands.

Aaaaaaand that's pretty much a Metal Gear.

Somebody get Hideo Kojima a whiskey and then show him this picture.

I forget where I heard it, but I think laughter and grinning are supposed to be used to communicate that while something is unexpected things are still OK. Maybe that's why grinning is so unsatisfying and terrifying in simulation and fear/sadness reads so well on that plastic boys face.

GvG66.gif

Note that this beats the human world record by about a third of a second, and also that this robot is made from Lego and a cell phone.

Even more sinister if you imagine the flames are the heaped corpses of your murdered family on fire. :FrightenedAsh: Gulp

Now instead of just mercilessly trampling you, Bigdog can lift you by the skull and fling you across a room.