Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

I laughed at 0.30 where it looked like a giant robot stomping down entire forests.

EDIT-- Wait that's where this is going, isn't it?

Also I dub this robot "Big Fat-Dog".

Cheetah robot isn't impressive when it's suspended by a giant pole and some wires; I'll get worried when that thing can run around on it's own.

Softbot is neat, I want to make a mock youtube video by shaking around a ziplock and filling it with coke through a tube, because that's essentially what I just saw, hehehe.

One day, sitting in your garden will be exactly like 0:33 in this:

*snip*

Okay I've been cool with the big dog but that was frightening.

K8W4.gif

Perhaps the big dog can learn to value life before destroying all of it.

I want to see the "Welcome To Jurassic Park" scene with Big Dogs frolicking majestically alongside the Brachiosauruses.

Oh good I'm not the only person who immediately had the jurassic park theme playing in their head when seeing that majestic picture

Okay I've been cool with the big dog but that was frightening.

Perhaps the big dog can learn to value life before destroying all of it.

They're coded with an appreciation for nature, It's when we put them in cages and take away their rights that they'll revolt.

and PETA will surely only make things worse.

http://inhabitat.com...lear-radiation/

This week Cyberdyne unveiled a robotic exoskeleton called HAL (Hybrid Assistive Limb) that allows its wearer to carry superhuman loads while shielding them from radiation. With the Fukushima nuclear disaster still fresh in Japan’s national memory, the research team designed HAL to aid workers in dismantling the damaged power plant. The most incredible part is that the suit can be controlled by brainwaves! A network of sensors monitors electric signals coming from the user’s brain and uses them to activate the robot’s limbs in unison with the worker’s, allowing them to move without supporting the suit’s weight. As such, the 130-pound suit is barely noticeable to those wearing it.

img_robotsuithal.jpg

Their website is pretty great and includes a section called "Believe in ROBOT SUIT." Also, Cyberdyne has created HAL.

"This suit will rend you limb from limb!" - ign.com

Wasn't Cyberdyne one of the corporations in Terminator?

I originally thought Perfect Dark, but - of course - that was dataDyne. Cuh.

Wasn't Cyberdyne one of the corporations in Terminator?

It was!

Fuck.

We've seen a lot of pretty clever tricks performed by individual robots. Unfortunately, now they've learned to cooperate:

Got to 1:22 for a simulation of how it feels to be trapped by a swarm of sentient helicopter robots.

You could use huge versions of those to catch people jumping from burning skyscrapers, and then throw them into the nearest body of water for kicks.

Man, that was super cool... and then they were used as a cheetos delivery system...

It's super awesome, but you know it's just going to be used to designate humans in camps.

As a kid I dreamed that I could someday give my dad something like that if technology would advance fast enough.

Ugh, that child is going to grow up having a PhantomX instead of a dog.

Damn, sometimes that bug moves like an 80s stop motion FX robot. I dig.

A show I want to see: Big Dog on ice.

1266318479_big_dog_slipping.gif1266318479_big_dog_slipping.gif1266318479_big_dog_slipping.gif

1266318479_big_dog_slipping.gif1266318479_big_dog_slipping.gif1266318479_big_dog_slipping.gif

So beautiful.