Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

The fuck, that voice sounds like something out of a benny benassi song. Clearly it gets down to party after you pass away

Wow! That is the most horrible thing I've ever seen.

The fuck, that voice sounds like something out of a benny benassi song. Clearly it gets down to party after you pass away

You know it.

Did anyone see Synedoche, Newyork? (if not, see it) but it reminds me a bit of that.

I'm guessing the End of Life Care Machine is a work of art rather than an actual thing. If someone were crazy enough to make a real one, I imagine they'd at least use voice recording rather than voice synthesis.

[media=]

[/media]

Not sure about the guy's definition of life, but his machines are wonderful.

A more detailed look:

That thing is thoroughly exciting. A while ago it struck me that the dexterity of an average human hand is kind of mind-blowing. That robotic systems are now reproducing some of these complex actions, and at immense speed, is astounding, if not a little disconcerting.

Here's why the quadrotors haven't done us in yet:

One day, they're going to get us back for that James Bond thing so hard though.

The one at 26 seconds and the last one are my favourites. In the former case in particular, I love how after one of them inexplicably loses the will to remain airborne, the rest of them enter a state of confused panic. Because obviously they're thinking things with emotions like anxiety. Obviously.

While that is obviously just a fancy way to demonstrate the capabilities of their system, I prefer to think that we live in a world where there could exist a project proposal of several hundreds of thousands of euros with a sole purpose of building an unbeatable rock-paper-scissors robot.

I wonder what would happen if you show it a mirror.

Probably nothing, but I like that idea! Build another one and have them play each other!

Another amazing robot thing. I'm running out of ways to express my awe and appreciation, but neither of those things has diminished.

Why haven't we just arrested the heads of Boston Dynamics? They're clearly in league with the forthcoming robotic apocalypse.

Not linking where this came from, because for the most part it's badly written, top-ten list link-bait, but I liked this:

"A mechanical claw, reaching towards humanity with unfathomable hatred, successfully funded on July 3rd."

The Cheetah is pretty impressive; the fact that it could outrun a human makes it significantly more unnerving. Speaking of unnerving…

DARPA is developing low-cost silicone robots capable of adaptive camouflage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LpOl_pEmRqs

by introducing narrow channels into the molds through which air and various types of fluids can be pumped, a robot can be made to change its color, contrast, apparent shape and temperature to blend with its environment, glow through chemiluminescence, and most importantly, achieve actuation, or movement, through pneumatic pressurization and inflation of the channels.

What’s worse than a robot that can outrun you? One you can’t see.

It's quite exciting to be witness to the early stages of the sequence that will end with humanity's destruction.