Hermie

Post your face!

I was kind of assuming it was a frozen alcoholic beverage, such as a pina colada.

I like those sorts of drinks, but they always give me a stomach ache.

I was kind of assuming it was a frozen alcoholic beverage, such as a pina colada.

I like those sorts of drinks, but they always give me a stomach ache.

Yeah it was something like that; I forget what it was called though.

Yeah it was something like that; I forget what it was called though.

Ice cream

GHDowzUl.jpg

Rocking a 'muscle' top and someone else's glasses... for some reason.

Feelthedarkness, that picture is awesome.

Thrik, you look nothing like I expected.

I don't like taking pictures of myself, so there's not much for me to choose from.  There are also VERY few pictures of me without a cat nearby.

v9OwjKLl.jpg

That's me looking vaguely pensive in front of a poster about NMR Crystallography (don't ask):

11089040_10152955390764811_1330138919451

I know literally nothing about it, the poster is from a friend. (mine is right next to it and is about statistical mechanics and biophysics.)

I am aware of its existence, but my experience with MD in general is fairly limited. My project is a bit more abstract than molecular simulations, and at a larger scale.

Cool :) I've been done for a while but I applied it to insect wing & fish. http://bit.ly/ThesisDaanReid

I should probably read this. One of my research interests is actually in the formation of pelotons in competitive cycling, and in general it's not that different from schooling of flocking. 

I should probably read this. One of my research interests is actually in the formation of pelotons in competitive cycling, and in general it's not that different from schooling of flocking.

The major difference there is one of thrust wakes vs. drag wakes, but yeah. From my simulations at least, even thrust wakes can apparently improve efficiency! Wish I'd had more time to figure that one out, but hey. Note all my stuff's in 2D though.

Thought I'd better post a less horrendous picture:

UuUB6Tgl.jpg

I don't think that there's a thread on here about this kind of thing, but I've been making an effort to finally get myself into shape this past year or so. I've lost about 46 pounds so far and have another 24 or so to reach my target. I've got to say, life is better in almost every way now that I'm no longer lugging so much fat around, as seen in this picture from early last year (I don't have many photos of me at my largest because, well, I didn't like seeing myself):

T91BFeml.jpg

It's very motivating being able to 'upgrade' my photos online, including on dating sites and generally getting higher levels of interest. :D

Thought I'd better post a less horrendous picture:

UuUB6Tgl.jpg

I don't think that there's a thread on here about this kind of thing, but I've been making an effort to finally get myself into shape this past year or so. I've lost about 46 pounds so far and have another 24 or so to reach my target. I've got to say, life is better in almost every way now that I'm no longer lugging so much fat around, as seen in this picture from early last year (I don't have many photos of me at my largest because, well, I didn't like seeing myself):

T91BFeml.jpg

It's very motivating being able to 'upgrade' my photos online, including on dating sites and generally getting higher levels of interest. :D

You look amazing! Congrats, and keep up the good work!

Childhood photo time!

I don't recall how old I am in that picture, but I'm posing in front of what must have been my first PC.

lxwaeXC.jpg

But where is your signature drink of milk? Just off camera i hope.