Hermie

Post your face!

Oh, how delightfully annoying.

This was my Halloween costume. Here in Germany there isn't a huge Halloween culture, but there are a handful of kids knocking on the door, so I thought I'd give 'em a scare.

roderick_tomodachi.jpg

Nice! Did you take a bullet to save a guy in a Pope costume?

It's Tomodachi, the mysterious cult leader from 20th Century Boys (a great manga that was made into a very special trilogy of films).

Friend.jpg

Breathing was fine, but my vision was down to 5-10%, which made it hard to move around gracefully.

Sal and I went as to this amazing rad party at the site of the famous Hot Wells Hotel and Spa ruins—her dressed as a blackface jumping spider and I as Magritte. Unfortunately there are no good pictures of either of our costumes, hers because she looks like she is in blackface and mine because the bowler hat and suit were swallowed by darkness in the only photo that has showed up tagged on facebook... but man, the party was fucking awesome!

It was a styrofoam apple that I cored and wore like a clown nose—which only kinda worked, it was too heavy, so I also affixed it to the brim of the bowler. For the leaves I used some other fake plant's leaves that I cut to look like apple leaves.

EDIT: And um, I keep spamming with no faces to show, so here's some stereoscopic fun in our front porch/yard:

lety-n-stevan.jpglety-n-stevan2.jpg

*007*

I thought I knew the building, but instead of asking I cut it out and searched it via tineye - to my surprise, it worked. I thought computers weren't smart enough for this yet. Okay, it is a very famous building and this is a full clear frontal shot, but still, my backwater-self is surprised.

Did you know that you can do the same in Google images? I'm pretty sure it's better than Tineye, but a lot people don't realise you can drag images and search by them?

Edit: This photo was taken a second later...

thrik_zpsc2a334be.jpg

Thrik is a Bond villain!

Did you know that you can do the same in Google images? I'm pretty sure it's better than Tineye, but a lot people don't realise you can drag images and search by them?

I did not know that. Thanks! Google even told me the name of the building - oh Google your omniscience is scary.

Edit: This photo was taken a second later...

thrik_zpsc2a334be.jpg

Thrik is a Bond villain!

Haha, splendid. I did actually wonder if I might get sniped or something pointing my big camera at the place and taking loads of shots.

Time for me to stop being an anonymous internet coward or something, I guess.  Enjoy my cranial foliage detail slider turned up to maximum in the settings menu:

douche_zps8ea62ea6.jpg

douche2_zps8bc2be77.jpg