Hermie

Post your face!

I'm guessing that's the CN Tower in Toronto. I know you can do that there. Stupid thing was shut down due to a stupid ice storm when I was there though.

I'm guessing that's the CN Tower in Toronto. I know you can do that there. Stupid thing was shut down due to a stupid ice storm when I was there though.

Do what there?

Do what there?

Try your level best to fall to your death due to equipment failure, apparently.

Taken many moons ago, but there is space invader precident.

Dscf3268.jpg

Edit: was the onion ring shot taken in Eddie Rockets? I've seen that on the menu i'm sure.

Don't care for Finnish university student overalls in general, but you get thumbs up because of that DF doubleheaded baby patch. :tup:

This is from this winter, but I basically look the same. Fixed the dye on my roots since, I guess. Usually I'm better shaved and look less smug, too.

5xar0.jpg

This is from this winter, but I basically look the same. Fixed the dye on my roots since, I guess. Usually I'm better shaved and look less smug, too.

I find it really hard to settle on a facial expression in pictures. I find a lot of the time when I try to force a smile it ends up looking either smug or manic. Yet, if you don't smile, people don't see you as "neutral" but as unhappy or angry. I wonder if that's just to do with our expectations when it comes to pictures.

You've not done too badly, though, and the atmosphere is great for a picture. Though I suppose if you're one of the northern European Thumbs finding a snowy day for pictures might not be too difficult.

Cool jacket you're sporting.

Thanks, it's the most recent in a series of great second hand finds for me (the one that came before was sadly lost when I somehow drunkenly left it on the subway). I think it's designed for teenaged girls though, but then that's basically the physique I have so it works out well in the end.

I find it really hard to settle on a facial expression in pictures. I find a lot of the time when I try to force a smile it ends up looking either smug or manic. Yet, if you don't smile, people don't see you as "neutral" but as unhappy or angry. I wonder if that's just to do with our expectations when it comes to pictures.

You've not done too badly, though, and the atmosphere is great for a picture. Though I suppose if you're one of the northern European Thumbs finding a snowy day for pictures might not be too difficult.

I know exactly what you mean regarding facial expressions, and I used to have a lot of trouble with that. My old school photos are a mix between looking like I think everything's the worst thing imaginable and having the goofiest smile I could muster. Terrible. These days I don't actually have any such trouble (usually), so I guess it might be a matter of practice.

And yeah, I'm a Swedish Thumb, so snow's not in short supply during winter.

I've been playing with this newfangled instagram that all the kids are into.

Are you in a storage closet?

I've been playing with this newfangled instagram that all the kids are into.

You look very much like Gaius Baltar from Battlestar Galactica in that picture. The industrial background only makes it more striking.

You look very much like Gaius Baltar from Battlestar Galactica in that picture. The industrial background only makes it more striking.

It's funny that you say that! I posted this same picture on facebook, and someone replied with this:

wLKTe.jpg

I'll take it.

e;fb

I hope it's not bad form to post twice, but I found this ridiculous picture from a fashion show type thing in 2008 that might give someone a laugh. Remembering it and looking it up certainly caused me to chuckle embarrassedly, at any rate.

iD3u6.jpg

(not visible: the makeup applied to produce a simulated monobrow and five o'clock shadow)