Hermie

Moron tries to steal early Breach build at PAX, gets caught.

http://www.thegamingvault.com/2010/03/gamer-tries-to-steal-breach-code-gets-caught/

This guy is astonishingly stupid. ._. He sneaks around the booth, waits until the guy manning the computer is at the bathroom, runs up with his own laptop, hooks it up, and starts downloading. Then when he gets asked what he's doing, he runs for it. Of course, he gets chased down, apprehended by security, and then handed over to the police. And that's just the start of his stupidity, it goes downhill to admitting openly at several times that he was doing it, almost braggingly, trying to bribe the police with 100$, and most recently, skipping bail, while his gamertag shows him playing Modern Warfare 2...

ha I heard about this on a podcast, so funny. Just goes to prove again that 99% of criminals are idiots.

Nice. I love "stupid guy attempts equally stupid crime stupidly" stories. I also love all stories where someone attempts bribery with pocket money.

I met a dude who tried really hard to impress a friend and I by unsuccessfully offering a security guard 20 bucks to let us into a locked hotel pool. That guy was rad.

I met a dude who tried really hard to impress a friend and I by unsuccessfully offering a security guard 20 bucks to let us into a locked hotel pool. That guy was rad.
To be fair, that would have worked in the movies.

And the guy copying the code would have been watching a slowly moving progress bar whilst peering over the monitor at the Atomic employee approaching from the other end of the room... it finishing just in time to pull out the plug and run off as the guy asks 'Who the hell are you and what are you doing?'

Or maybe not.

Friend thought it might be a hoax to spur publicity towards the game. The thing is if past history has taught anything, the possibility of stupid people is always highly likely. I will admit it does seem strange that he would go for Breach of all games, maybe thinking it would be easier to get away with.

The whole crime attempt sounds like from an early 90's hollywood movie.

Something like The Net with Sandra Bullock. Life is not like the movies.

If you went to or listened to the XBox Live enforcement panel I read the same guy came up to the Q&A mic and asked Stephen Toulouse to unban his gamertag. He was banned for playing pirated games. Same guy or not, it was sad.

I don't think the game was that bad considering it's $15 on XBLA, but I see it having a ridiculously hard time considering it offers nothing new against behemoths like MW2 and BF:BC2.

I don't think the game was that bad considering it's $15 on XBLA, but I see it having a ridiculously hard time considering it offers nothing new against behemoths like MW2 and BF:BC2.

I think it offers loads more than MW2.

The whole crime attempt sounds like from an early 90's hollywood movie.

Something like The Net with Sandra Bullock. Life is not like the movies.

I know, right? I wonder if he whispered to himself: "I'm in!"