Patters

Thumb Fortress 2

or Team Idleness.

So with there being an expressed interest in playing a few ideas over in the life thread, I thought this deserved it's own thread. How would we want to do this: find a server which is empty then play on it, or play in public games. I personally play with Telltale fairly often, during their lunch hours. one to two hours is an ideal length of time for TF2.

Throw some ideas out here.

Server info:

No server.

Edited by Patters

Wheee TF2!

I play a lot on the UK-TF server, knowing a lot of the guys there. They're the admin team from Jolt, a name you should know and respect if you saw a server browser in Europe between now and 1995. :tup: Good servers for UK and EU peeps, and I don't think the Americans should get too shoddy ping either.

Of course, ideally we would have our own server, where we can just turn alltalk on to bullshit and Wizard while we play. Anyone have a server they can set up? 0=)

PS: Patters, was this you? http://twitter.com/ja2ke/status/11126419743

I'd be up for this, I used to play TF2 daily for a couple months a while back. Don't know about times, though. Later in the day/weekends is typically better for me, though.

Wheee TF2!

I play a lot on the UK-TF server, knowing a lot of the guys there. They're the admin team from Jolt, a name you should know and respect if you saw a server browser in Europe between now and 1995. :tup: Good servers for UK and EU peeps, and I don't think the Americans should get too shoddy ping either.

Of course, ideally we would have our own server, where we can just turn alltalk on to bullshit and Wizard while we play. Anyone have a server they can set up? 0=)

PS: Patters, was this you? http://twitter.com/ja2ke/status/11126419743

Nope, unfortunately not, I believe that was during PAX east. Ping in TF2 is really good, I get 180 for the California based Telltale server, which considering the distance ain't bad. On the downside I am at home which means I only have my laptop, which can play TF2 isn't as great as my rig...

Does anyone ever play this on 360?

Action occasionally does I believe.

I'd be tentatively in, but have no idea how to play or even what the game modes really are. The whole idea with what was being talked about in the life thread was that we seemed to have found 4 or 5 people who had the game but had never fired it up (I got it in the Orange Box, then proceeded to forget I owned it) and could thus learn together. Any game I'd join in on would, for the first while at least, be me trying to learn the game, and I'm wary of getting frustrated playing with and being constantly slaughtered by those who (as Jon says) have had periods where they play it daily.

Long story short, I'd like to give this game a try as it's hugely acclaimed and I already own it, but I'd prefer to play with the inexperienced so I could actually get a feel for what it would be like to compete.

Ehh... I played it daily, but don't get the idea that I was great. Every character necessitates a level of nuance to play optimally, and I just never committed enough to a single class to be great. I imagine that jumping back into it at this point would effectively be starting from square one or two.

Also, it's a lot more fun when you can actually play cohesively as a team. Even if everyone's not that great, collaborating is the way the classes are meant to be played.

I am somewhat of a TF2 noob. I have about 8 hours of play time in the entire span of its existence. That being said, Id love to hop on and play a few rounds. Im kind of a community whore tho who will play anything with you people.

I am somewhat of a TF2 noob. I have about 8 hours of play time in the entire span of its existence. That being said, Id love to hop on and play a few rounds. Im kind of a community whore tho who will play anything with you people.

I am in the same boat, though I have played it for 0.2hrs according to my steam stats.

Miffy and I are most certainly brothers in arms when it comes to TF2, as I have no clue to game modes, maps, even characters to a large extent. I am up for some TF2-age though but perhaps us noobaloobs should get together and be shit in company for a bit?

Like I said in the life thread, I'd be more than happy to arrange some kind of TF2 class classes. :3

Idle Thumbs vs the World!

I'd be totally up for some forum vs forum match.

Edit: O, just noticed this is my 100th post here.:tup:

Edited by Sleepdance

A friendly league of Idle Thumbs vs. [some other group] would be great. Someone make it happen. :D

A friendly league of Idle Thumbs vs. [some other group] would be great. Someone make it happen. :D

like a CW ? anyway i got this game just rotting away - same goes for pocket and mike i believe. just a little busy lately

Man, could you imagine what would the oponet think when they would be playing against 16 guys, who would just spam with wizard and horsebag jokes.

An Idle Thumbs vs Telltale game would be rad.

This! Lets find out where Jake's allegiance truly lies.

Man, could you imagine what would the oponet think when they would be playing against 16 guys, who would just spam with wizard and horsebag jokes.

If we managed to do a game I could macro a key to type and send wizard, when I go back to Uni! We played a little today, it's always a little weird playing 3vs3 but with friends it's pretty cool.

I have about 360 hours of TF2... I'm up for playing it at night, just hit me on Steam: decapentaplegic