Scrobbs

Would YOU pay money to play games with girls?

Personally, no, but some people might.

www.gamecrush.com

"The GameCrush Public Beta is temporarily unavailable due to the incredible user response (more than 10,000 inquiries in five minutes). We are adding new servers to provide players with the best PlayDate experience possible. Games with GameCrush PlayDates start at $6.60 for ten minutes."

Wait, $6.60 for 10 minutes? I'm not sure ANYONE will pay that. :ding:

Then I looked at their press release:

"On GameCrush, players can find their perfect PlayDate through browsing their profiles and chatting live with them. Players can then purchase a live one-on-one private gaming session, complete with two-way video and text chat."

I see. Lol.

"The GameCrush Public Beta is temporarily unavailable due to the incredible user response (more than 10,000 inquiries in five minutes). We are adding new servers to provide players with the best PlayDate experience possible. Games with GameCrush PlayDates start at $6.60 for ten minutes."
God dammit video games. This kind of shit is embarrassing.

Haha, I applaud whoever came up with this. I love imagining board meetings and stuff where these kind of things are thrown around.

Hell, at those prices, anyone want to set up a website?! I'm sure some ladies would pay good money to game with some Thumbs!

Idle Thumbs gamers: The thinking womans crumpet.

I'm halfway there already.

If I had that kind of money to spend per hour on girls and I were that lonely, I would just go ahead and buy myself a hooker. You would probably have just as much fun with less of the risk (or is it more?).

It appears the Gabe Newell Gamecrush profile someone linked me to the other day has been deleted or is unavailable right now. Sorry guys and gals.

http://join.gamecrush.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=2037&Itemid=56

Maybe it'll come back someday.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

"the GameCrush Public Beta is temporarily unavailable due to the incredible user response (more than 10,000 inquiries in five minutes)."

:hah:

If I had that kind of money to spend per hour on girls and I were that lonely, I would just go ahead and buy myself a hooker. You would probably have just as much fun with less or the risk (or is it more?).

I think the risk vs reward comparison between this and a hooker comes out in favor for the hooker, depending on a hooker by hooker basis.

And +1 for the this shit is embaressing to gamers, the internet, nerds, and probably most men with a PC. On the other hand, if there was a site where girls would pay me to play video games, I wouldn't be saying a thing and hopefully raking in the cash.

I really hope the internet drowns itself in a cheeto induced erotic asphyxiation one day.

Haha, I applaud whoever came up with this. I love imagining board meetings and stuff where these kind of things are thrown around.

I don't know about "applaud", but I like to envision the board meetings too. Why must all entertainment media be run by suits who are either incompetent morons or heartless vultures?

Apparently girls can sign up and make money off of this. So my thinking is to find a proper female gamer to sign up for this, and instead of being playful and flirty, she'll just destroy every opponent, smacktalk them, and make them cry. And they'll be paying for it!

Someone needs to review their service STAT!

Preferably the "dirty" version with the "happy ending" :deranged:

Apparently girls can sign up and make money off of this. So my thinking is to find a proper female gamer to sign up for this, and instead of being playful and flirty, she'll just destroy every opponent, smacktalk them, and make them cry. And they'll be paying for it!

They get rated on gaming skill, looks and 'flirtatiousness' :shifty:

But yes it might well be possible to be a middle-middle-man, get a load of gamer girls that we know and act as their pimp manager.

Hmmm, time to post a Craig's List ad.....

I want to destroy your SimCity - 30 m4w - Men Seeking Women

Dear women of the Internet: I want to destroy your SimCity. I will pay generously.

I want to watch a live screen capture of you creating your city: bulldozing, zoning, and putting in landmarks.

After you have completed 20 years of progress, send your savegame to me as a ZIP file. I will then show you a live feed of me plaguing your city with tornadoes, UFOs, and Godzilla.

It's the only thing that turns me on. Contact me at the above address.

Haha, that's great. What are you waiting for?! Post it!

And +1 for the this shit is embaressing to gamers, the internet, nerds, and probably most men with a PC. On the other hand, if there was a site where girls would pay me to play video games, I wouldn't be saying a thing and hopefully raking in the cash.

Exactly. Also on another forum I go to, someone brought up that the long held myth that girls don't play video games is nearly vaporized at this point. So sites like this are banking of a stereotype which was much cooler to portray in the 90s.

Chances are you could just as easily fall in love with a woman in real life who would just play games with you if you asked (if she's not already playing 'em).

Hell, my girlfriend doesn't even like games outside of super casual ones, but she happily finished Four Swords Adventures with me a few years back just so we could have fun together.

Hmmm, time to post a Craig's List ad.....

I want to destroy your SimCity - 30 m4w - Men Seeking Women

Dear women of the Internet: I want to destroy your SimCity. I will pay generously.

Hilarious! Do it! And show us what you get in reply!

As for gamecrush itself, I don't even know what to make of it, really. I imagine encounters on the service to be as tepid as I imagine encounters over phone sex services being, having never partaken of such a thing.

I'm probably going to pay $30 to get a copy of Pokemon HeartGold for my girlfriend so we can play sometime, does that count? :fart:

I'm probably going to pay $30 to get a copy of Pokemon HeartGold for my girlfriend so we can play sometime, does that count? :fart:

Not unless you are being charged hourly for her play time.

Heh, or how about to play Cooking Mama for you, because that is their place, oh and they must complete level 3 by the time you get home from work? Yes it's sexist, but so is the entire concept of the business.

Ugh... I'm not sure why I'm even asking but...

What's the deal with this stupid thing? Do they hire girls to play games with sad, socially-awkward dudes in a sex-hotline kind of way or is it more like a dating(ish) site?

40 bucks an hour for this thing, eh? Wow. Seriously, as mentioned previously lots of women play big-kid games of their own free will, even when they aren't getting paid.

Oh, and I don't buy that their site's down due to the 500 billion hits they just got, or whatever. Marketing scheme. I swear it.

Agh.. Silliness.

Seriously, as mentioned previously lots of women play big-kid games of their own free will, even when they aren't getting paid.

Stop. You're making me so hot!

I've heard, and these are only rumors, that some of them even win. Scandalous!

Edited by Fuzzy Lobster
the last thing I wrote sounded unintentionally super-skeezy. Ew.

I've heard, and these are only rumors, that some of them even win. Scandalous!

My word! I hope there are no children browsing this thread. :chaste:

I just think there's an inherent logical disconnect between playing games and romantic relationships. I'm going to go ahead and say I respect (in concept) phone sex hotlines over this service. Maybe it's just me, but aren't the people you play with online only important in the context of whatever virtual thing you're doing?