Sombre

Spelunky!

I have ascended, none may challenge me! I beat Hell for the second time. This time it was in a regular adventure, though, not the daily challenge.

I was starved for bombs the whole game. It was the first time I successfully defeated Olmec (mostly) the "hard way", meaning that I let him crush the floor instead of digging a hole for him with bombs. I did use three bombs for some precision mining to make sure I could reach the entrance to Hell. I found that it's not a bad idea at all if you can just keep a cool head. I had the Kapala, so I could farm the enemies Olmec spawns for some blood and extra HP.

I entered hell with a single bomb in my pocket. I held on to it as my most precious tool, but had to use it to clear an easier path instead of taking the almost certainly fatal natural path. So I entered the final level with zero bombs. Luckily I could kill those guys without much trouble, got some bombs and made my way to victory. There were some butt-clenching moments with a magma man, a vampire and a unexpected falling skull, but I ended up victorious.

Am I the only one who's failing lately? Ugh.

Yup. It's really quite unfortunate. All of us in the Fantastic club have just been talking about how Fantastic we have been lately. So sorry for your loss!

Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that the Vita version constantly resets to default Spelunky guy instead of remembering the last player character you selected?

I beat olmec today, second time, but this time I got the achievement (last time I tried to take a screenshot before walking through the door and the game crashed). Been playing a couple of months. My success followed 2 of the most frustrating deaths I've had in the game. 1, I whipped a chest from a ladder, a bomb came out, hit me, I fell on the bomb and it killed me. 2, I shot a croc man with the shotgun and he teleported right to where I was, instantly killing me, which I didn't even know could happen.

Yeah, I hate those guys. I always try to sneak past them when I see them. Yesterday, I had a great run and finally bagged the Big Money achievement, finishing with 565k :D 

yeah, great skin work, and tonights spelunky daily was amazing, like secretasainman said. double fine people are DOUBLE FUN! or something

WOW! Amazing work once again, Blambo! :tup:

Have you send that to Chris yet?

Edit: Apparently so, cool stream! The Double Fine guys seem really sweet. One would have to completely insane to leave them for the dicks at Campo Santo.

Kidding!

Except for the Double Fine guys being cool. 

And Campo Santo guys being dicks.

Kidding!

I beat Yama for the first time today.  I got pretty lucky and found a ledge with an overhang so I was protected while I just threw bombs at his head.

Congratulations man, welcome to the Coterie. They will be there soon to complete your initiation. Do not lock your doors.

I really like the invert run option, maybe you have to play Spelunky for way too much to appreciate it but feels great to me.

I still holding down to run.  It makes me feel like my actions are more deliberate because I'm actively trying to run instead of automatically doing it.

I feel like the game runs considerably better now.  It seems to load faster and run smoother.