Sombre

Spelunky!

On the topic of horrible deaths... can't  believe the timing of that random locust

(Sorry, I don't know how to embed)

I must be better at Spelunky now though, as watching the video today I can't understand why I didn't kill the mummy with bombs earlier.

I don't even understand what the locust's part in that is.

The forum seems to embed videos automatically when you use the shortened urls (youtu.be link on the share tab) but not when you use the normal urls. 

Edit the post, remove the hyperlink (the blue text) from the link using the "unlink button" (looks like a broken chain link) and post. As long as the YT video doesn't display as a hyperlink, it gets automatically embedded.

Started doing the Daily Challenges. Finally starting to make it to the Jungle every now and then. Still can't get past 2-2

I don't even understand what the locust's part in that is.

The forum seems to embed videos automatically when you use the shortened urls (youtu.be link on the share tab) but not when you use the normal urls. 

I definitely fumbled. But I had been sitting there farming health for quite a while before the locust hit me (all the others went over), which it did right before the ghost appeared. If that RNG had happened any time earlier, I would have been fine to just leave. If it had happened any time later, I would also have been fine to just leave - my plan was to farm until the ghost came. But the extra time to recover and pick up the scepter again really threw me for a loop.

I definitely fumbled. But I had been sitting there farming health for quite a while before the locust hit me (all the others went over), which it did right before the ghost appeared. If that RNG had happened any time earlier, I would have been fine to just leave. If it had happened any time later, I would also have been fine to just leave - my plan was to farm until the ghost came. But the extra time to recover and pick up the scepter again really threw me for a loop.

Haha.. I see. I was following the harmless locusts that were just hopping around aimlessly.

Haha.. I see. I was following the harmless locusts that were just hopping around aimlessly.

My demise was once brought about by one of those harmless, tiny frogs in the jungle. I was just going to quickly jump next to and over a half-buried tiki trap. However, a tiny frog jumped in front of the trap a critical half second before I started my jump, so I was right next to the trap as the spikes stabbed out.

Reached the City of Gold for the first time, then got impaled by a golden tiki-trap. 

I'm quite surprised I got that far considering how annoying some of the levels were: two levels with a bee hive, and dark levels in the jungle and in the temple. I was even stupid enough to leave the torch and go searching for the entrance to the City of Gold in pitch black.

When I make it to the City of Gold I have to make an effort to remind myself that just because it's made of gold, that doesn't mean it won't kill me.

My mission, if I choose to accept it, which I did: unlock the ice cave shortcut by bringing a shotgun:

I used the jungle shortcut; got lucky and found the black market which I successfully raided. Also, check out my daring move at 7:14

Of course after unlocking the ice cave shortcut I kept forget about my shitload of bombs and climbing gloves.

Finally got around to watching that solo eggplant run tonight.  You couldn't have convinced me a couple of years ago that I would watch a movie length Lets Play of a platformer and be highly entertained.  That run is a thing of beauty.

After not playing for about a month and a half, I tried playing again on the Vita version. Man, I really have to be practiced to play on that platform because I just feel those controls are much less tight than a 360 controller on PC. I died in the daily challenge about 1.5 minutes in jumping directly onto some spikes.

Is the daily challenge the same for all platforms, or does each receive it's own seed?  Like could you use the Vita one as a sort of scouting mission for a real run on the PC?

I checked when the daily first hit Vita and it was a different seed then. Don't know if it still is, but it seems the more natural design choice.

Well, I just died because I fell on top of an alter due to a misjudged jump. I was in the process of running away from a snake that appeared from inside a broken vase that startled me. Kali thanked me though, and gave me a compass.

Got to Olmec two times in a row today, having not reached it ever before. :tup: Died both times. :tdown:

First time I had plenty of bombs but still decided to go play in the "rafters":

The second time I had no bombs (due to freaking out at the black market), but did surprisingly well nevertheless: 

I'm still not very good with the jetpack, and just horrible with the glove. Please note my professional monkey handling during the second Olmec encounter.

As a consolation prize, you're probably the only player in the world to have ever died at Olmec twice in a row from falling damage.