gdf

Plug your shit

This stuff maybe be more suited to the Game Dev forum, or maybe https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/10468-creativity/ 

This thread is more for shilling things that you have worked on for profit or clicks.

Edit: I mean, you're welcome to post it here if you want, but it might get more eyes over there.

Oh got it now! I am sorry - I did read the parts of the thread but mistake that my post my would fit.

I did a little, goofy animation yesterday. I've been messing around with Octane Render for Cinema4d which is an awesome, super-fast renderer.

l41YyyLUaP3dTfJ2U.gif

Would mean a lot if you went and retweeted it!

I'm not gonna retweet it just cause you asked!

I will retweet cause it's super good tho.

Thaaaaaaaanks!! B)

In case people have stopped checking the Jam forums (or have never checked them), I'm knocking together a very late entry for the latest jam. It's an interactive comic and I'm crowd-sourcing for extra ideas - story points, settings, characters, jokes, designs. Feel free to suggest stuff and I'll try to drop them in!

I just released a game on Steam!
It's called "Killing Time at Lightspeed"

Imagine you're browsing twitter on a spaceship flying away from Earth. Each time you refresh your timeline, another year or more has passed.

You get tiny glimpses into the lives of the friends you left behind, and how the world they live in changes.

There's a trailer here:

and you can purchase the game on steam here

Congrats Gritfish!!

I also released a game on Steam today!

It's called Button Frenzy, and if that name is familiar to people here, it may be because it's a fully developed version of my Winter Wizard Jam game from last year.

It's available on Steam, Humble and Itch.io, and you can find more info here:

http://buttonfrenzy.zerofifty.one

Well done, everyone!

Gritfish, that trailer is great! Interesting that you seem to have created a load of media for it that isn't in the game (judging by the glance I took at a playthrough) - it's like your equivalent of a live action trailer! The game also looks lovely, though, very nice aesthetic choices.

EDIT: it got an RPS mention! https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/07/10/killing-time-at-lightspeeds-enhanced-edition

051, was very cool to see the Steam version get streamed by the Thumbs - it's come a long way since the jam version!

Okay, now onto pimping my jam game just in case no one's checking that board any more. It's an in-browser branching web-comic, basically, and a single playthrough probably takes 2-3 minutes:

https://timegentleman.itch.io/memeify

Okay, now onto pimping my jam game just in case no one's checking that board any more. It's an in-browser branching web-comic, basically, and a single playthrough probably takes 2-3 minutes:

https://timegentleman.itch.io/memeify

Play it! It's funny and will only take 5-10 minutes of your time.

Also, thanks Ben :)

I made this dumb thing for fun and to add to my dev portfolio, check it out and add some bricks!  :P

http://www.brickclicker2016.win

Either there's some satire going over my head here or it's not working...

EDIT: okay, it's working for me now

I'm saving up before my wedding, so I decided to open up for art commissions. It's digital only, for now. If you're interested, send me a request via art (at) kristinsson.dk

CnvZucHWEAAA9P_.jpg

Request don't have to be adventure game characters. Can be a president, a fictional person, a friend/loved one, a Pokémon or even yourself!

If you fancy helping me spread the word, retweets on my tweet of this would be much appreciated. :tup:

How large could the hi-res files stand to be printed at? (Sorry if this is a noob question.)

You can request any size and I'll make sure it's at least 150dpi (minimum requirement for most printers) in that size. :)

Has any consideration been given to expanding this thread into its own subforum? I think that the Thumb who doesn't have a few personal projects in rotation that they like to talk about is the exception, rather than the rule, and I'd find it really convenient to sift through a Plug Your Shit (or whatever it winds up being called) forum where each project had its own thread, the way they do in the Game Development forum.

Has any consideration been given to expanding this thread into its own subforum? I think that the Thumb who doesn't have a few personal projects in rotation that they like to talk about is the exception, rather than the rule, and I'd find it really convenient to sift through a Plug Your Shit (or whatever it winds up being called) forum where each project had its own thread, the way they do in the Game Development forum.

I think this is a great idea. Often times I'm more of a lurker than a poster, and it's really great to just sift through things that other Thumbs have produced, because they're often pretty great.

But today I'm not lurking because I have my own shit to plug! 

I love Magic: the Gathering. I decided a few months back that, considering I was spending so much time playing and enjoying the game, I should use my own expertise to create something. So I made a blog and wrote a couple of posts. Then I wondered if maybe I could leverage this further and actually get paid to write about MTG (mostly just to offset the cost of playing haha) so I looked around the net and found MidnightMTGO. I got in touch with the owner, and within a couple of weeks I was writing for them and it's a bit of a dream job to be honest. I've been able to write semi-professionally (which was a big goal of mine) about a game that I really enjoy playing. I've also been able to start producing YouTube videos about Magic: the Gathering for the site, which has just been a blast. It's been a really fantastic opportunity for me so I thought I'd talk about it a bit here, even though I know Magic: the Gathering doesn't have the biggest following around these parts.