gdf

Plug your shit

Hey, is anyone willing to read a very rough and unfinished short story I'm working on? 

This is the first real story I've decided to go in hard and I really have no idea if I'm doing good or not. 

God, I'm fucking afraid and nervous about this, but I need to show it to someone

I made a little html5 canvas test 'game' that's supposed to work on mobile devices. It doesn't do anything yet, you can move left or right (middle button does nothing) and you need to avoid the falling blocks, that's it. I'd be grateful if some of you could load this up on your mobile devices and see if it works and what sort of framerate you get, portrait and landscape mode?

It works on my Galaxy S4, am curious if the mobile device jungle is as dark as they say.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/454409/dev/html5/test-mobile/test12.html

I made a little html5 canvas test 'game' that's supposed to work on mobile devices. It doesn't do anything yet, you can move left or right (middle button does nothing) and you need to avoid the falling blocks, that's it. I'd be grateful if some of you could load this up on your mobile devices and see if it works and what sort of framerate you get, portrait and landscape mode?

It works on my Galaxy S4, am curious if the mobile device jungle is as dark as they say.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/454409/dev/html5/test-mobile/test12.html

Hey Donk, I tried this in portrait on an S3 just now, if it's still useful to get feedback on it? Frames per second was 22-24 and I encountered a lot of input lag, which could be network issues as much as anything else maybe.

Hello guys. The latest episode of History Respawned is up. I interviewed Dr. Jeff Wasserstrom and we talked about Bioshock Infinite and the Boxer Uprising. It was fun!

Hey Donk, I tried this in portrait on an S3 just now, if it's still useful to get feedback on it? Frames per second was 22-24 and I encountered a lot of input lag, which could be network issues as much as anything else maybe.

Yes, it's still useful thanks :) I guess I need to optimize. That little test was without any performance considerations, I had no idea how it would perform, maybe every phone would handle it fine but I guess not.  Thanks again :)

I did this interview/feature with Cara Ellison about her Embed with Games book. Getting to chat with her was tremendously enjoyable and informative, to the point where it felt a bit like receiving divine wisdom from guru up mountain somewhere. It reads a bit clumsier than I'd like (advice/criticism would be wonderful) but I'm posting in here in the hopes that if it gets a few clicks they'll let me do more of this sort of stuff.

I did some candid photos at a friend's wedding reception, and it's making me want to pursue that kind of stuff for real. (photos are here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsko8cxnk

I don't expect posting about it here to lead to work, unless you're in my area and have an event coming up (I'm in Brooklyn, NY). I'm really posting because I want to show off this sick video I made of people dancing: 

I changed the music, because I figured the original audio would trip all the copyright alarms, and I love the resulting effect. The couple are huge Star Trek fans, so the selection seemed appropriate. It makes everyone look so goofy! I love it.

On a total whim during having the flu in the middle of a super hot night, I was compelled to do a video about Oni, my favourite Bungie game, in part to spread the word about the absolutely fascinating fact that it was released in 2001 and its mod scene didn't kick off until 2009. More than a little nostalgia lies before you

Thanks Joe, that was cool! Quelle dommage Oni is not more widely available on Mac and PC. Maybe Bungie would be interested in doing something through Steam or GOG with the Oni Anniversary Edition people, if it weren't most likely an infinitely easier thing to suggest than actually make happen.

Edit - Take Two, not Bungie. Point proven, perhaps.

Argh, Oni is one of my favourite games ever. Every time I'm reminded of it I feel legitimately frustrated that nobody (to my knowledge) has attempted to replicate the formula since then. Not even on Kickstarter!! I would throw so many dollars at that (alright, not that many dollars).

Small criticism on the video, which is otherwise great - you trail off a bit towards the end of your sentences, meaning it gets quieter and then spikes back up when you begin the next sentence. Made it a bit difficult to follow in parts.

I'm organizing another massive "what games were cool this year?" list for a site I'm with and maybe you'd like to help me fill it out a little bit? It's pretty much open for anyone, you can just go here and add your name to a game, or add a new game and claim that, just maybe also send me an email so I can find you again when it's time to collect those write-ups.

I did a song with a guitar. It's a minute long and you'll have to excuse the poor transition and recording... Christ. That's a lot of excuses right there. I don't really know what genre to call it so I guess it's grunge folk. There's going to be some other songs on there at some point.