gdf

Plug your shit

I want to plug my shit too!!

Lara Croft GO, Square Enix Montreal's 3rd game (2nd GO game) is coming out tomorrow.

Here's a making of: 

this game is really good y'all. get it! It's coming out tonight around midnight eastern time.

That's a really neat idea! I'll be interested in checking it out.

please do!  Got some weird stuff planned. per usual if you like it, tell a friend, subscribe, rate on itunes, etc thanks

Two cool too cool things! I listened to your first episode and I'm digging it. Nice to hear a gaming podcasts with stories.

Also I loved Hit Mango. What part of Tomb Raid Ergo did you work on barichnikov?

I hope you mean all the good points of TAM and 99% and not he overwrought intrusive production and commentary. Man, i want to love those podcasts so much (and RadioLab), but i find everything about them that is not the story infuriating.

well, give a listen and let me know what you think. Each episode is going to be a bit different as we find out style

Also I loved Hit Mango. What part of Tomb Raid Ergo did you work on barichnikov?

Sadly I did not do any direct work on LC GO other than peripheral stuff like coffee brainstorms with muh buddies who were lead on it. 

Hopefully, mine's the next one coming out (fingers crossed!!)

Sadly I did not do any direct work on LC GO other than peripheral stuff like coffee brainstorms with muh buddies who were lead on it. 

Hopefully, mine's the next one coming out (fingers crossed!!)

Nice! Keep us posted. I'm curious what the next franchise might be, not that it matters as much since I was neither a fan of Hitman nor Tomb Raider as much as this ____ Go series.

I made a thing! With my hands*!

nixie_clock1.jpg

nixie_clock2.jpg

nixie_clock3.jpg

* In that I bought a box for tea bags online, designed a front panel and sent the sketch to a CNC company, did some soldering, and wrote some program code. Still, I'm pretty happy that I actually finished one of my projects for once.

I may still try to polish that brass front panel a bit at some point.

Who I am I kidding. I probably won't.

Thanks!

Yes, it only shows time in the proper format. :) It would be very easy to change that, though.

Thanks!

Partly stylistic and partly dictated by the components. There is basically just the Nixie tube drivers, Arduino microcontroller, real time clock module and the ends of plugs and switches inside, so there is plenty of unused space. However, there is a 10+ mm spacer for the Nixie tubes (so that they wouldn't stick out too much) and a couple of long parts on the back panel, which means that it is hard to make the design significantly more compact without rethinking the plug, switch and microcontroller positioning.

So I'm making the music for a visual novel being written by Javy Gwaltney- of Terror Aboard the Speedwell fame- and illustrator Ian Higginbotham. It's called Distress and we've got a Kickstarter going and there's a freely available prequel for ya'll there as well:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/972120123/distress-a-sci-fi-adventure-game

Heeeeey, I opened up a Patreon for my media criticism (movies, games, music) site. You can find a link to my site in my signature. If you enjoy my writing, perhaps spare some change? 

Patreon

I would like to invite all of you to the world premiere of my play: The Cloak of Horus!

post-8337-0-61763800-1442462328_thumb.jpg

It's funny!  It's existential!  It's next week!

The play runs next Thursday 9pm, Saturday 1pm, and Sunday 6pm at the Hudson Guild Theatre in midtown New York.  There's a Facebook page and ticket page with more information.  This is the first time I've produced one of my full-length plays and I feel really lucky to have as smart a cast as I do.

...Even though there are surprisingly few New York City-area Thumbs.  It might only be me and Blambo.

Hey Blambo, come see my play!

Hey guys, after a long break I've finally finished my new video. This one's looking at the three games I've spent the most time playing and examines why that is.

Basically, I like making characters. Check it out!

Beardo

I would like to invite all of you to the world premiere of my play: The Cloak of Horus!

attachicon.gifcloak-of-horus-small.jpg

It's funny!  It's existential!  It's next week!

The play runs next Thursday 9pm, Saturday 1pm, and Sunday 6pm at the Hudson Guild Theatre in midtown New York.  There's a Facebook page and ticket page with more information.  This is the first time I've produced one of my full-length plays and I feel really lucky to have as smart a cast as I do.

...Even though there are surprisingly few New York City-area Thumbs.  It might only be me and Blambo.

Hey Blambo, come see my play!

Can you go on tour?

Can you go on tour?

I wish!  This production is a part of a festival so we are only set up to perform the three dates they gave us.  It's a good future goal, though!

Ben and I made another one of our future simulations that also happens to accompany an album: http://benweatherall.itch.io/futurevoximaginariumdotexedogeloveredition

We were having a phone conversation about how doge coins are going to become the de facto currency of the 22nd century, and here we are. Ben is friends with this guy in Norway called Martin, so he made some tracks that helped us quantize the simulation and increase the relative accuracy. You're welcome, humanity.

Woooooo! I did some freelance for this album cover for this game designer (Swerdmurd/Dan)I used to work with. I finished it about a month ago but the album is now for sale. It took me a long time and was painstaking because I don't know what I'm doing but I'm really proud of it. It's available here at Band Camp: http://cheapbeatsmusic.bandcamp.com/album/astral-acrobat

I think it's really good, it's chiptunes done completely under NES constraints. He's really good at transitions and changing the song up.

So with the cover I went with a mock Konami NES box and then an inside manual back parodying the Mario repair sticker on the console.

AstralAcrCoverLO.jpg

AstralAcrInsideInsertLO.jpg

AstralTrayCardLO.jpg