gdf

Plug your shit

Clyde, the way the sun was lighting your face was exactly like the way the sun lights the dead virtual faces of the noobs you pwn in BF3. I would subscribe if i had any money.

Clyde, the way the sun was lighting your face was exactly like the way the sun lights the dead virtual faces of the noobs you pwn in BF3. I would subscribe if i had any money.

I appreciate your support though it's just vocal.

Tell your friends.

I read your comment and responded to it on my latest professional Battlefield 3 stream.

https://www.patreon.com/creation?hid=2616960

Would it be, like, completely inappropriate to plug my ongoing live E3 press conference commentaries? Because we're having a ton of fun, our chat is small and queer, and we'd love some company.

The schedule is here, and our stream is here! You know, in case you get tired of Giant Bomb. :P

My partner writes a blog about depictions of fat people in film, and just had an article published on the feminist film blog Bitch Flicks about an amazing lesbian comedy called The Foxy Merkins. Read the article, then see the movie on Netflix Instant!

I haven't read the article on The Foxy Merkins yet but I clicked through to the post on masculinity in the Cornetto Trilogy and I wanted to point out how much I liked the analysis. I still haven't watched The World's End though I enjoyed the other two movies for reasons that the post articulates well but I hadn't been able to put to words.

Here's a commercial I did for Game Worlds, a summer camp for kids in Austin where they learn how to make a game prototype in a week:

(Also thank you for activating Vimeo embeds, Doug!)

Took me way longer than I would like but my client (owner of Game Worlds, also a good friend and my former art director at a [revious game company) gave me a lot of leeway to finish other higher paying projects first plus I had a bunch of part time work and school. I didn't mean for it to go so long on the backburner. Also everything took way longer than I thought, since I kept having these boughts of dissatisfaction and needs for perfection. The original art I was going to do was way simpler and I guess I forgot and just started drawing things more complicated than I would have liked (it's still simple though). Also maybe I could have done some more to it in After Effects, but I still don't know all the ins and outs.

She was cool with the time it took though. I was shoot for beginning of April but oh well. By that time she had actually had full enrollment for summer, it got kind of popular since last year. So maybe this commercial is kind of superfluous at this point? She says it'll be good for every year ongoing though. I'm super proud of it!

Here's a commercial I did for Game Worlds, a summer camp for kids in Austin where they learn how to make a game prototype in a week:

Whoa, that kid is BAKED.

It looks good!  And your client is right that the video will be a valuable reference for future classes and parent who wonder, "what did I just agree to?"

I'm still a little overwhelmed by this, but my friend and I will be producing one of my plays for New York City's Thespis Theater Festival this September!

We are holding auditions soon; New York actors, come on out!

I also have to get a handle on production work, especially graphic design.  I will need at least something to fill in a square jpg on the Festival website, but maybe a poster/postcards/artwork/fancy typeface, too?  How do I advertise a show?

My play takes place in ancient Egypt, so please tell all your ancient Egyptian friends to come on out!

I don't know why the fuck I didn't post this way earlier but I am going to make a plug for my good friend who I used to work with at a video game company. She recently made a male to female gender transition and a lot was realizing her feelings brought on by starting the Gender Portraits project through Kickstarter last year. I recently went to her big art show and it was amazing seeing all of these great paintings in one place, each with a story about the person depicted and their struggles with gender.

http://www.genderportraits.com/

So a lot here might really like this. Maybe buy a print or two.

Hi.

I made a website on the internet for game, movies, and music criticism by myself. If you're interested, check it out here. I have a review of Her Story and first part of a retrospective on Arden Ripley's IF games up there so far. Expect more stuff there soon.

https://soledadhonrado.wordpress.com/

We are releasing closed alpha keys this Friday to people who have signed up to the mailing list http://hurtworld.com/ jump in if it looks like your kind of thing.....or just if you like KEYS! Precious keys ;)

Cheers dude. Its till fairly early and has a bunch of placeholder stuff in there. We're fairly happy with general balance, gun mechanics and construction and really looking forward to getting a heap of randoms in there proving us wrong and breaking stuff :)

Congrats on getting another game out there Dino, my high score is 38.7.

Hi everyone!

I've been enjoying the Idle Thumbs podcast for about a year but have just joined the forum because I was hoping you might have a moment to check out my new game which is so far proving quite popular in Steam Greenlight:

I'll keep this brief, thanks for your time!

An eight legged ocean dweller.

Edit: Doh, please do vote in Greenlight and share if you're keen.

I posted this on the Game Dev forum too but I thought you guys might enjoy!

I am making a small action game with the Brent Kobayashi the amazing artist behind Alphabear and Road Not Taken :D 

CMaunp7U8AEtRHP.png

*screaming internally forever* 

Hi! I made a podcast about video game. Yeah, I know.  

But it's not a roundtable, it's a produced show a bit like This American Life or 99% Invisible.  It's called Game is a 4 Letter Word, and each episode we take a a real 4 letter word for fuel.

Episode 1 is PINK and we talked to a lawyer, a musician, a producer, a curator, and some movie monsters

tumblr_ntnvvpkbbB1tk6aoio1_540.png

Itunes RSS SoundCloud

I hope you mean all the good points of TAM and 99% and not he overwrought intrusive production and commentary. Man, i want to love those podcasts so much (and RadioLab), but i find everything about them that is not the story infuriating.