gdf

Plug your shit

Okay, so I'm starting to feel comfortable enough with this whole streaming thing that I think I'm going to try to make it more or less a nightly thing. So I'll stop announcing it in the broadcast thread and just say that I aim to stream each night somewhere in the window of 9PM to midnight Arizona time. I'll probably do it for most games except games like Dragon Age Origins which I still need to finish and would probably be way too fucking boring to watch.

So if anyone's interested, feel free to check it out or subscribe to my channel.

If you're still streaming regularly, care to re-post the link?

Hello friends! New prototype here, I'm aiming for something a bit like an RPG battle system, or an Advance Wars, but with Snooker. I think.

PLAY GAME HERE!

You are the red team, and you should smack yourself into the purple team until they all die.

Hitting them directly deals about 40% damage, but ricocheting a friendly into them will do about 60%!

Stay inside of your red base to shield yourself from half your typical damage,

and you can always drop in a new ball from the bench!

Small balls have less health, but also shorter timers ppffffff you'll figure out the nuances, you get it, you're smart people.

Play it and tell me how you feel! I have a load of ideas for goofy novelty rubbish to put in, but I'd really prefer a rock-solid design of a small game that feels demanding, interesting and rewarding to practice! I'll be putting one-on-one multiplayer in soon.

I thought I could do better with my last musical attempt — that it'd be nice to get some strings in there rather than wall-to-wall synth pads — so I just blew my afternoon reworking it from scratch. I'm still feeling hopelessly out of my depth, but actually putting stuff on SoundCloud so I can call it 'done' is very motivating and keeps me focusing on making something better. :tup:

Rising Joy - SoundCloud

Just gotta say I left this on, and wow I listened to Winter Heights like 5 times in a row, what an amazing piece of music!

Then that next one came on and that was a surprise.

SHIT-PLUGGING INCOMING --

Hello!

I'm here to share my latest free not-a-game! You can download this brief, ribald tale on Itch.io or play and rate it online at IFDB. More info below:

Welcome to Arth! This fantasy kingdom has been infested with monsters and cutthroats ever since the murder of the king and subsequent nuclear ballyhoo. You play as Athena MacIntyre, heir to the throne. The people consider you their last hope, but politics is a sucker's game. You'd rather be adventuring.

And adventure you'll find in this interactive tale of survival, kidnapping, and invisible poop. En route to a mythical destination, you've gotten lost in the titular alien biodome. The undead wizard lagging behind you is Nimrod Supertramp, who killed your dad when you were a baby (see above), but is actually on your side…for now.

Keep your wits and sword about you. Strange game is afoot, and nefarious machinations are spinning their wheels (as if thirst, hunger, and demonic babies weren't enough cause for worry). Your actions will affect the story in ways both big and small, and the clock is ticking, so priorities count. Good luck!

Thanks, folks! I hope you enjoy it.

Andrew

Thanks very much I_smell. :D I'm still quite fond of that one and will revisit the style at some point. I was quite inspired by the atmospheric music of DKC when doing it.

I did go for an intentionally smooth sound Problem Machine, but I would like to do something with much bolder synths and beats. That'll be some future thing for sure, as I'm experimenting with all kinds of styles right now with 1–2 minute concepts. I must have about 20 now, but I'm only developing some of them further. So many ideas to explore, it's really fun. So glad I decided to invest in this hobby.

I'm doing a boss level type thing with real-style instrumentation at the moment, and am well outside of my comfort zone. Hopefully I'll get it sounding decent in the next day or so.

Yeah I'm doing something similar, just trying to do a sketch a day for the first week of a month and then pick one or two out to develop into full pieces. It's a good approach I think -- much rarer to end up wasting lots of time on a piece that never really pans out. Though I tend not to worry about style and just try to pursue whatever interests me with each sketch.

What are you using? I do pretty much everything in Reason (4, ouch), primarily because that's the only software I own legit and I don't want to pirate when I can help it.

I'm using Logic Pro X. I'm really liking it, the UI is a dream to work with and the sample/synth quality is largely excellent. I didn't expect Apple's application in this area to be so strong, actually.

300 S Wacker - Chicago IL

Design related plug!

ESI is the design company that came to us (sign vendor) to figure this monstrosity out.  So i didnt have the joy of tediously drawing the map over again, i had the tedious job of making sure each stroke was wide enough to cut & install.  Also the pattern for the wall painters was a pretty neat grid to put together

they mostly focus on the exterior, but the interior is the real interesting element.  1/2" aluminum all cut and puzzled together and back lit with color changing RGB lights 

So its more of an secondary/adjacent plug.  but pretty neat seeing our work recognized anywhere, usually signs & sign work get over shadowed by general architecture - or like this case all the credit goes to the design firm who dreamt up the idea - spent someone else's money & used other firms to figure how to make it even possible

Hey again everyone!

Small update regarding Beacon!

We've been picked to show the game off at EGX Rezzed 2015 as part of the Leftfield Collection! 

This is the first time we'll ever be showing the game publicly, with an exclusive playable build for the event. We are super excited and crazy nervous, but if you're attending the show, please do come and say hi! A handful of the team will be there to talk about the (probably slightly janky) pre-alpha build and chat about ourselves/the project. We're looking to get loads of valuable feedback!

We also hope to have a short video teaser and the game's official website ready roughly around the start of March. But for now, check out this sweet poster Tay made for the announcement! :D

EGX_Announce.jpg

If you're still streaming regularly, care to re-post the link?

Sorry just saw this. Yes I'm still streaming Battlefield 4 several nights a week around 9 or 10PM Arizona time. The link is in my signature. Since I had a few friends on with me I think tonight's turned out fairly decent.

Also, I've been exporting each stream to my YouTube channel but a few of the videos have segments where the audio keeps going but the video freezes for a period of time. Some quirk with the Twitch to YouTube export I guess.

Weird. Maybe you could capture your screen capture with FRAPS or something?

reconquista.bandcamp.com

I'm plugging for a friend here ¬¬ Sal Limones having deleted her account some time ago ¬¬¬¬¬¬ tho I guess I did design the logo! So I'm not just sharing random dope music, but have some skin in that game ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ :fart:

It's just a single and some rough demos on bandcamp so far, but they sound so good live omg :tup:

I recorded this today and yesterday: https://soundcloud.com/ted-ist-tot/klagegesang-aus-dem-jammertal

I'm not sure whether I'll do more with it. I don't like to get too ambitious, it bogs me down. Still, it's probably the best thing I've done in a long while. The singing isn't terribly good, but I like the magic that's inherent in the first take(s). ^^

It's basically an a capella piece, all voices sung by me.

Weird. Maybe you could capture your screen capture with FRAPS or something?

So far I have only experienced it with the BF4 streams that I ran on PS4 and exported to YouTube. All the stuff I've exported from streams I did on the PC were fine but it seems like over 50% of the BF4 streams I've exported now have big chunks where the video is frozen but the audio is still going. I even went back to skim the streams that are still archived on my Twitch channel and the whole thing is perfectly intact. I guess I just have to conclude that the Twitch export to YouTube kind of sucks balls.

Edit: At least the last one I did which was over 3 hours seems to have exported fully intact with no issues. It seems pretty hit or miss.

reconquista.bandcamp.com

I'm plugging for a friend here ¬¬ Sal Limones having deleted her account some time ago ¬¬¬¬¬¬ tho I guess I did design the logo! So I'm not just sharing random dope music, but have some skin in that game ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ :fart:

It's just a single and some rough demos on bandcamp so far, but they sound so good live omg :tup:

I'm probably losing my mind but that first 'Fever' track completely made me think of the Guybrush/Elaine music from TSOMI. The other track isn't really my thing but that one is a winner. :tup:

I recorded this today and yesterday: https://soundcloud.com/ted-ist-tot/klagegesang-aus-dem-jammertal

I'm not sure whether I'll do more with it. I don't like to get too ambitious, it bogs me down. Still, it's probably the best thing I've done in a long while. The singing isn't terribly good, but I like the magic that's inherent in the first take(s). ^^

It's basically an a capella piece, all voices sung by me.

It's nice, you should definitely take that further. It doesn't seem fair to criticise an early jab but some of the later vocals do sound a bit too close to crying. If those were reigned in a bit it'd be a great base for some further instrumentation. :tup: :tup:

I'm probably losing my mind but that first 'Fever' track completely made me think of the Guybrush/Elaine music from TSOMI. The other track isn't really my thing but that one is a winner. :tup:

The production is indeed kinda weak on that one. I am not a huuuuuuge fan of the final print of Fever either. It is infinitely better live. The rest of their songs they're recording now and producing themselves and are hopefully going to be mixed with fewer nonsense touches such as huge yawning voids of reverb in the middle of the sound.

Another week, another musical fart. I found this one really challenging due to trying to avoid it sounding as synth-saturated as my others, and I'm not going to be happy with the mixing until I get some replacement headphones later this week so I can actually hear the damn shit properly. Still, it was fun throwing the slow/flowing approach out of the window for a while.

Heavenly Showdown (Boss Level) - SoundCloud

Sorry just saw this. Yes I'm still streaming Battlefield 4 several nights a week around 9 or 10PM Arizona time. The link is in my signature. Since I had a few friends on with me I think tonight's turned out fairly decent.

Also, I've been exporting each stream to my YouTube channel but a few of the videos have segments where the audio keeps going but the video freezes for a period of time. Some quirk with the Twitch to YouTube export I guess.

Ah, I have signatures turned off or I would have probably seen that :)

I'll take a peak tonight.

I guess this isn't quite a self plug, I don't normally make this sort of thing but I thought id post it here anyway. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9lp81zkqvyatemo/AADfncy-kfxWHUGGtjEFbCJwa?dl=0

slapped this together for a job application as sound mixer at a game studio, I don't really know how to use unity or blender and such so I spent most of my time just getting the environment ready. Im not that sure this is a good idea, so I just want it done.

Going to send it in anyway because it needs to get out the door. 

Based it on this picture (found on google):

Underworld.jpg

esc to get your mouse back, also don't fall off because I haven't got a running respawn system. 

ALSO can somebody please tell if the audio is functioning properly. Its audibly skipping on my computer and I suspect my audio driver is at fault. The ship sounds should be fluid, not skipping up and down in increments. It might be performance issues aswell, I have done virtually zero optimisation stuff..