gdf

Plug your shit

I never do this, but I did a Me Talking Over Video video. This one is about the ways in which Unreal Engine level design has a lot of catching up to do when compared to Quake 1's (in one important respect, anyway) if it's planning on targeting smaller developers more now. More specifically it's about how editing CSG in Unreal (including 4) sucks, and why that is something that should be fixed instead of handwaved away as not being a big deal.

Like I said I never talk to microphones so I'd dig any feedback on how I could be better at it (other than just getting a decent microphone).

I saw that thread and agree completely. I really hope the UE version of ProBuilder is released soon, that and the vastly superior audio tools are the only things I miss from Unity.

That art is great, and I'm looking forward to following the story. I particularly liked the visual transition from roof tiles to keyboard!

The art is great, but I have to ask one thing - is the right to left orientation an affectation meant to mimic manga translations without actually being so? 

That art is great, and I'm looking forward to following the story. I particularly liked the visual transition from roof tiles to keyboard!

Thanks!

The art is great, but I have to ask one thing - is the right to left orientation an affectation meant to mimic manga translations without actually being so? 

Kind of, because my Girlfriend is Japanese, and that's what she's used to. Also she intends to put it up on Pixiv in Japanese, so it makes sense to have it in manga format.

It's weird because Smack Jeeves only allows you to upload it in one way without it being a massive ball ache. If and when it ever gets popular enough and/or long enough to be in a physical format, she'll print it in manga format. Glad y'all like it!

When is the next page coming out? This slack schedule is an INSULT TO HER FANS.

I finished The Next Generation poster!

I'm going to find some local printer and do a proper limited print run of this, sending it myself etc. So it'll be special, with a special little thank you note and all! :tup:

(This is the first time I'm doing something like this, so preparing for it might take a while..)

7qVS4Ky.jpg

Also, a reason to get it printed and proof it myself is that Society6's quality is always a bit off for darker pieces like this. Always bothered me that the Grim Fandango print looked too contrasted, lost a bit of detail..

Yes! I'm going to sell it myself instead of through Society6, to make sure it looks good. It'll be a limited print, maybe 100-150?

I don't expect it to sell out or anything, but I'll give a heads up here before I put it up for sale just in case Sir Patrick Stewart decides to buy all 150 of 'em.

I don't expect it to sell out or anything, but I'll give a heads up here before I put it up for sale just in case Sir Patrick Stewart decides to buy all 150 of 'em.

Or Ian McKellen, his total bff.

I'm trying to make one music piece a month this year. First one's done! Not sure if I'm going to leave it up, since its tone is appropriate for my game I may end up using it for the soundtrack eventually, but for now it is listenable on SoundCloud.

Please Don't Make Me Leave

LISTEN.

Sounds good man, you got a unique vibe going for sure. Make sure to post your next track here, would be sweet if you keep the same themes going.

I'm trying to make one music piece a month this year. First one's done! Not sure if I'm going to leave it up, since its tone is appropriate for my game I may end up using it for the soundtrack eventually, but for now it is listenable on SoundCloud.

Please Don't Make Me Leave

LISTEN.

I love this. I dig it when electronic musicians actually give a crap about composition. Before it gets a bit prog organ/drum heavy it evokes a Spirit of Eden era Talk Talk vibe. What software/plugins/hardware/sound sources do you use?

All Reason 4 (someday I'll be able to afford to upgrade). I never use the pre-made synths, usually I play around with parameters until I get something I think sounds interesting. All of the samples are from Reason's default soundbanks or the officially included refills, though I think one of the vocal samples I got elsewhere.

Not sure I really hear glitchy, though the flute adds a nice spookiness to it. I like how it builds, but kinda wanna hear it broken up a bit since right now it's sort of the same section repeated with more on each go.

If you want to vote for which pointclicking.com illustration I do next, you can handily do so right here!

"Gold Rush!" is currently winning thanks to Andrew Pogson, of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, voting for it three times.

I voted twice! (once for hotel dusk and another for 'other' (ace attorney))

When I looked, Dune was currently winning with 11%