gdf

Plug your shit

Why do you have both the old and new Steam icons.

I will give you a hint: This is a Mac, and I play(ed) a lot of Spelunky.

One is the Mac steam client, and the other is an emulated PC steam client.

Oh weird that they only updated one of the icons.

Well that's what you get for using a Mac I guess.

Naw, I just haven't updated the emulated client yet. I had to stop playing Spelunky since it was Taking Over My Life.

Play more Spelunky.

Edited: Best new page post ever.

Yeah I didn't want to respond because it was pretty much perfect but then MISTER HOATZIN RUINED IT!

I try make music, I still feel like I'm not making anything that does something different though. However, I try hard so ill post what I do here.

I make electronic music. In future there might be more than Dnb. Energy has been my only objective until recently, hopefully something a little more thought out will be up soon. 

https://soundcloud.com/nzmonark/dependence-1

Wow, thanks so much Ben!

Great news: I ended up in second place in that game jam! I'm so overwhelmed by the positive response to this! :tup: :tup:

I guess all you need to do to entertain people is to rip-off Ben There Dan That and add some more animation.. OOOPS!  :zip:

I guess all you need to do to entertain people is to rip-off Ben There Dan That and add some more animation.. OOOPS!  :zip:

This is what every adventure game released since 2008 has done, it's unbelievable.

Hey fellow thumbs. I've mentioned that I'm a grad student studying English on these forums before, but this is the first time I've thought about trying to do something with my research here. One of the bigger projects that my department has been running for years is called the Digital Archive of Literacy Narratives. It's an attempt to gather as many stories as possible about how people from many different backgrounds with many different experiences learned to read, write, and compose any kind of text.

One of my goals as an academic is to help my colleagues understand the good that popular culture can do, and this project could really help with that. If you have a story about how gaming or other kinds of popular media shaped you as a reader, writer, or a maker of things more generally (composing gets defined pretty loosely these days, and can include art, coding, crafting, or many other kinds of "making stuff"), I would really appreciate the chance to record your story and add it to the archive. Or, if you have a literacy story that isn't about pop culture, but that you'd still like to share, that would be great too.

If you want to share your story, PM me, reply to this thread, or get in touch with me some other way. Thanks!

(I thought about making a new thread for this, but since it is sort of self-serving I thought I'd put it here first. Would a new thread be allowed?) 

Seems fine to me, I think that thread could go somewhere interesting.

I have been practicing pixel art for Game Dev reasons and this is where I am at right now.

not sure if it's good or not. In fact I think it looks off in some way I can't quite pin.

post-33451-0-88384400-1418103923.png

Some friends and I started a podcast where we ask our listeners ridiculous hypothetical questions such as "What is labor day's dark secret?" or "What would you replace your teeth with?". We then spend an hour exploring the consequences of the various answers we get and awarding our favorites with $100,000 imaginary dollars (or an imaginary prize of equal value). We have a lot of fun recording it, and I've had people tell me they enjoy listening to it, but I'm curious if it's funny to people who aren't already our friends. 

We call it the $100,000 Podcast, you can check it out if you want. It would be fun to have more variety in the kinds of answers we get. If you do listen, I'd recommend the more recent episodes, some of our early ones were pretty rough. If you don't listen I guess that's cool too but I don't have any recommendations in that case.

I have been practicing pixel art for Game Dev reasons and this is where I am at right now.

not sure if it's good or not. In fact I think it looks off in some way I can't quite pin.

I think it looks really nice, actually. It's a unique style of drawing, and you've chosen some nice colors. You also let the colors be descriptive rather than filling the image in with unnecessary detail. The only parts that seem off to me are the slightly darker orange areas around the guy's torso, because they seem to flatten him out rather than add a sense of depth.

I like it, looks good to me!

Though it does look a little off perspectivewise, if you look at the waist up it seems like an angled view down on the character, but then the bottom half of them doesn't bear out that angle. If that makes sense? If not, I can go through it with a picture in a PM or something.

Whoah, that's gorgeous, TheHollowNight.

Dang, that looks great!

That is incredible looking!

Hngggggh, I love games with a strong sense of color palette. Good job, TheHollowNight!

Woah, thanks for the positive responses everyone! Really glad you all like it :D

I'll refrain from posting updates in here too often, but if anyone is interested in the game, I could always make a thread later down the line in the game development sub-thread!