gdf

Plug your shit

Great stuff! I like the kid in the Lobo outfit, and did I see a Finn hat as well? I was wondering if the snooty kid all in black was a reference to something... Also, is the sculptor in part 5 a self-portrait?

Thanks! Yes. No. Yes!

Twelve of the 28 kids are references to other things. Three more are arguable as they started that way but I changed them up slightly or reinterpreted them to where they are not really. And there is also the Max plushie. The kid in black is just some snooty kid in black tho. In addition to the self-portrait on page 5, on page 2 Lobo is casting busts of my head.

tumblr_n9lhqpRdAj1r61ugko2_500.jpg

I posted this rendering of the little fan dude on my Tumblr earlier, wonder if I can just embed it off there.

I recorded an improvisation today. I called it "Violent Yelling". Enough said. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/ted-ist-tot/violent-yelling-improvisation

Would like to hear your opinion, whether you think it's terrible or not. :violin:

Warning: May be as painful to listen to as it was to sing.

This is suuuuuper intense. Piano playing is really great, and while the vocal doesn't really fit the backing you have a hell of a voice for hardcore punk, haha.

I dropped in to plug my new track seeing as the last handful went down so well!! More of the ambient/downtempo housey stuff, found here.

hugs n kisses xoxo

When I'm not making, playing or thinking about video games (or drinking), I am usually making heavy music with my best friends. We've got our second album coming out this year. Have a hoon! (fans of Cult of Luna, Isis, Kollwitz, general doom, sludge, post-rock/metal/hadrdcore may enjoy.)

This is suuuuuper intense. Piano playing is really great, and while the vocal doesn't really fit the backing you have a hell of a voice for hardcore punk, haha.

I dropped in to plug my new track seeing as the last handful went down so well!! More of the ambient/downtempo housey stuff, found here.

hugs n kisses xoxo

Thanks for the very true comment! :D I think what I learned from the improvisation is that the piano, no matter how loud it is played, can't prepare the listener for singing this...extreme. Vocals could prepare though, they should have built up to that extreme. Lesson learned!

I like your new tune! Like all of your stuff it is very relaxing and appropiate to put on in the background while I need to learn/do stuff for university.

When I'm not making, playing or thinking about video games (or drinking), I am usually making heavy music with my best friends. We've got our second album coming out this year. Have a hoon! (fans of Cult of Luna, Isis, Kollwitz, general doom, sludge, post-rock/metal/hadrdcore may enjoy.)

Very moody! I definitely hear the post-rock in it. It sounds almost oldfashioned by now, like the music of my teens, of the early 00s.

We're running a challenge on my forum this month to create whitebox levels in Unreal Engine 4. If you have any mapping or modelling interest it's fun because you don't have to worry about the amount of time required to detail a modern environment and can just focus on pure composition, gameplay, etc. It's been featured on the official Unreal Tournament website which is great of them (Epic is really into supporting the community nowadays).

http://www.mapcore.org/topic/17611-mapcore-ue4-whitebox-challenge/

[WARNING: DUTCH CONTENT - YOU HAVE BEEN GEWAARSCHUWD]

I've set up a monthly geek podcast with a friend, and we've just recorded our third episode. It's a short, fun thing where we invite a guest from the Dutch geek world and ask them about their work. They're usually interesting creators and makers from our own personal network, so there's a lot of chemistry and laffs happening. This episode is with Dutch comic artist Marissa Delbressine, and in the beginning my co-host and I freak out over a scene from Taras Bulba (more on that movie on Filmadeus!).

The podcast is now also on iTunes, but can still be safely listened to on Podomatic.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/podcast/degeekculturepodcasts-podcast/id916132614?l=en

Podomatic: http://degeekculturepodcast.podomatic.com/entry/2014-09-16T05_51_58-07_00

All the Dutchies in the house, this is for you.

Our new game got officially released today. We've spent the last 8 months or so working on it, which as insignificant as it may sound, is actually the longest I've worked on any one project.

Of course it's free, so give it a try :)

Man, those Cossacks just keep coming

They do, they really do! Did you listen to the first/last segment of the podcast, or did you see Taras Bulba at one point? Man, the podcast must sound like a bunch of weird mouth noises to you.

They do, they really do! Did you listen to the first/last segment of the podcast, or did you see Taras Bulba at one point? Man, the podcast must sound like a bunch of weird mouth noises to you.

I read yer blog

I thought I might as well post my portfolio here and give anonymity the finger: bretteveleigh.co.uk

And my tumblr: mr-brett-e.tumblr.com

Edit, I just realised it's in my Sig... erm oh well, nothing to see here.

We just put out a big update to our DC Comics themed lords management game, Infinite Crisis. The game's still in beta but this was a pretty significant update, with new characters, graphics/ui updates, balance fixes, AND MORE! I don't actually work on the game (I'm a tools programmer supporting multiple teams) but if you're into Batmans and/or lords management, you should check it out. It's free to play, and the model is pretty similar to League of Legends (though we give you a bunch of lords just for completing the tutorial).

www.infinitecrisis.com

If you play and end up enjoying it (or already play and enjoy it), I have a handful of point codes kicking around, just PM me and I'll pass one along.

We just put out a big update to our DC Comics themed lords management game, Infinite Crisis. The game's still in beta but this was a pretty significant update, with new characters, graphics/ui updates, balance fixes, AND MORE! I don't actually work on the game (I'm a tools programmer supporting multiple teams) but if you're into Batmans and/or lords management, you should check it out. It's free to play, and the model is pretty similar to League of Legends (though we give you a bunch of lords just for completing the tutorial).

www.infinitecrisis.com

If you play and end up enjoying it (or already play and enjoy it), I have a handful of point codes kicking around, just PM me and I'll pass one along.

Oh, i'll take one. I've gotten all the way to being able to play pvp games, but it was going to take 4 1/2 minutes and i had to take a shite so i abandoned the queue. I like the game, but there is a lot going on ability wise. I wish the tooltips were a bit clearer and, for fear of sounding old, the font was bigger on them. This is coming from someone with 350 hours in dota, more in LoL and too much time sunk into HoTS, so i thought i would parse the abilities a bit quicker.

That said once i figured the abilities out, i had a lot of fun on mecha superman last night. Looking forward to trying out some proper pvp.

Here is my poorly put together tumblr, I am making a video game a week and I post the game as well as a poorly written post mortem about the game.

This week is my first week, hope you guys enjoy.

Pfft I am super dumb here is the link: http://gaysonevans.tumblr.com/

I tried taking part in 24 Hour Comic Day, and ran into some obstacles that massively frustrated me and led me to making a Twine Game instead, partly to ensure I did make something and partly to vent about my creative frustration. It didn't really help deal with the frustration that instigated everything but it did make me feel better about being productive.

Anyway, I don't know if it's any good but at least it's super short, here it is.

(It's an itch.io!)

I tried out Yarn clyde, it was fun! It had pretty good feel for something so simple. It was almost like playing with a 3D etch a sketch.

Here is my poorly put together tumblr, I am making a video game a week and I post the game as well as a poorly written post mortem about the game.

This week is my first week, hope you guys enjoy.

There's no link there dude!