gdf

Plug your shit

I have no idea actually! I know that the quest writing process is partially underway, and there are some pretty cool plans for quest content, but I'm not sure how deep it's going to get into interpersonal relationships. I have a feeling it's more focused on the journey of the hero as they rise to power in the kingdom, and the relationships between heroes is more a direct player-to-player interaction. So I guess you could RP it if nothing else!

Well, no use having it within the stats UI if i can't carry my hanimal harem around with me in my player inventory.

Your KS looks pretty sweet. If i were a KS kinda guy I would totally go for it, and who knows, mayhaps I still will.

hahaha hey Jas, PI and stats UI ftw! I'm briefly in the vid extremely hung over ( one of the gatherings was at a pub after grand final day ). Been great to see the aus community jump on board so quickly!

Hey Thumbs, here's my latest video on my relatively new YouTube channel. How do I create meaningful characters for myself when playing Skyrim?

My focus is a critical look at gaming, seen through the lens of my personal video game history. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Beardo

Great avatar. The audio of your voice is comparatively low to that of the music. It's a neat format to have snippets of fun ruminations on games in shortform.

Great avatar. The audio of your voice is comparatively low to that of the music. It's a neat format to have snippets of fun ruminations on games in shortform.

Thanks! I'm still tweaking the audio to find a good balance, since my voice is low in normal speaking.

I'm so happy to see some actual gameplay footage - that was my main criticism of the kickstarter first pitch - it left me super sceptical about the game itself. Now those worries are largely gone. Glad I backed it :)

Instead of plugging my shit, I'm gonna take this opportunity to ask for some shit, for my shit.

I'm setting up a little publishing label to sell my books, as you may have heard, and I am struggling to get a webshop up and running properly. It needs to be literally the simplest thing imaginable: it'll have only a few items that never change (my books), I don't want customers to have an account and I only need a few payment options (PayPal and the Dutch iDeal system). Does anyone have any tips for an easy and ideally free webshop, or perhaps even care to help me out with it?

The simplest way to go about it would be to just bake some PayPal buttons—wanting to support the relatively obscure iDeal dealio makes it more complicated. I would suggest looking into any WordPress store plugins. Most of those are not free, though some decent ones come in pretty cheap, and it is relatively trivial to set up a WP site.

iDeal is a big thing if you're targeting the Dutch. It shouldn't be difficult to integrate, Ogone claims to integrate with a lot of common webshop solutions and they provide iDeal integration, and also paypal I think.

I only have an unrecommendation: Do not touch woocommerce with a ten foot pole. It's like normal wordpress templates, but splits them into millions of pieces of PHP instead of hundreds.

Yeah, iDeal is a necessity in the Dutchlands. It's either that, PayPal or bank transfer. I'm probably going to set up my website around a Blogger blog (bloggity blog), since I already have experience with the platform rather than starting all over on Wordpress. Not sure if there are any store plugins on Blogger though. There are more than a few easy solutions that'll cost you a monthly fee. I also looked at open source webshops like Magento, but that's kind of making my head spin.

If you get in touch I can connect you to one of my friends who can probably give you some better directions than I ever could.

e: oh duh I can just PM you. I'll ask him if he has time and then put you two in touch if he does.

Blogger doesn't give you access to the metal the way WordPress does—because it is more of a goog service for luddites than a cms in a zip you install on your server—so I doubt there is as as lush an ecosystem of 3rd party e commerce plugins.

you're right, and I wondered why it is again that I chose blogger. Started digging around in Wordpress and then I realized that the reason is that I'm a miser and I'm going for no-budget development. Wordpress asks money to add a custom domain name and remove the ads from your blog. I'm wary of any and all subscriptions, so that made me go to Blogger, which does all of that for free.

I think I've found an interesting third party solution to the webstore: http://www.shop2site.com/. It's practically free and you can add simple code to any blog or site to automate the system. Moreover, it looks incredibly clean and simple, which is what I'm looking for. Some of the other solutions I tried (Prestashop) were completely overwhelming with the amount of options. I felt like South Park getting an insane animation suite to make simple cut-outs.

In that case, I hear the most recommendations for Shopify, though it seems iDeal support is in there after six years of them saying "soon", but it's listed as "iDEAL via Mollie" and may be a faff.

I'll look into it! (Wow, a faff. That's what it feels like I've been doing all weekend. Wanna see my pitiable results of all the tinkering? I've finally managed a floating header with CSS http://uitgeverijleeuwenhart.blogspot.nl/. Now to discover how to make my 100% width header actually 100%, without making scroll bars appear on smaller screens.)

I don't know if I should post this, but I very recently completed a short little Flash game I made in my spare time over the last week.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ThomasW31/escape-from-color-castle

I'm more happy that I finally have something made in Flash that didn't die as a prototype, even though I am completely aware that it's not such a great game...