gdf

Plug your shit

It's jetmazing, that's what. Glad Smell went with Jet-Getters, the best name.

b14c800668d3911055ee1e61e4420edd_large.g

Who's up for doing a Forum Buy for the $51 Tier (10 Steam Keys inc. closed beta + TinyBuild back catalogue)? I am so into that. SO into that. Insane deal.

This is the RGBriefcase:

cAcaGNU.jpg

It's a code breaking/music/simon says type puzzle that works off an Arduino and waveshield with a bunch of arcade buttons.

m3Wrmum.jpg

I'm currently exhibiting it as part of ALT.CTRL.GDC in the North hall of Moscone, and it's full of candy:

5fvNOyb.jpg

If you solve it, it tells you the combination to the case. No one else who worked on it* gets the reference, but it says "hooray for you" between levels.

* Team: Me (physical build, minimal code), George Buckenham (code and puzzle design), Jon Brodsky (code and puzzle design), Joon (first software prototype).

It's jetmazing, that's what. Glad Smell went with Jet-Getters, the best name.

b14c800668d3911055ee1e61e4420edd_large.g

Who's up for doing a Forum Buy for the $51 Tier (10 Steam Keys inc. closed beta + TinyBuild back catalogue)? I am so into that. SO into that. Insane deal.

That looks awesome. Is that the Team Fortress 2 Soldier?

Guy on my forum made a really cool scene in Unreal Engine based upon a piece of Deus Ex: Human Revolution concept art. Really interesting seeing how a game I love could look in a different engine, I'd like to see more fan scenes created in this way where the original concept art is referred to.

Anyway, the thing I'm plugging here is the fact that we interviewed him about it straight after he finished it last week:

http://www.mapcore.org/page/features/_/interviews/deus-ex-human-revolution-scene-interview%e2%80%8f-with-r37

:tup:

My band is playing the last day of our tour in Philly tonight. We formed two months ago specifically to go on this tour with a couple awesome guys. The Sexy Teenagers and Science Club are the headliners and play pop punk. My band, The Pastries, has been billed as "50s Garage Rock", whatever that means.

Listen to us on bandcamp, yo! (I play bass) thepastries.bandcamp.com

I make video games! Some of them are good too!

Flickers, an atmospheric, abstract 2D platformer that takes you through several twilit landscapes to reach the surface of the moon. It's kind of like the mechanics of Donkey Kong Country's barrel levels meets Flower. I was the creative director, gameplay programmer, and composer. It's even got a trailer!:

Glo, the first game I ever made, almost entirely myself. It's like Asteroids except you create your own enemies, who in turn dynamically generate music together. Here's a full playthrough of the game if you're lazy, but SPOILERS.

Is It Food. An Apple IIe style game where you've landed on an alien planet and have to figure out what is and isn't food. I made it in like 3 weeks, it's kinda dumb. In a good way, I think. I apologize for Day 6.

IsItFoodCollage_s.png

These are all free by the way. (Burying the lead?)

Hey how long has that been there! I just spotted it on the homepage

I just bought a tshirt \o/ i've got a medium which'll fit me for all of two week until it gets washed a couple of times and shrinks. But i'll have it for my SF holiday in a months time

Hey, I worked on Armello as well! Hallo Gav :) In the KS pitch video, my funny lookin' face is at 1:27.

It's a pretty awesome project by a great team. But at the end of the day, the best thing about it is the player inventory and stats UI. It's really a marvel of engineering.

Oh man, that trailer was top notch! Some good ol' frame by frame animation going on! Loved it!

Obviously, watching that trailer, what I am most excited about is the player inventory and stats UI.

Just as a non-related aside, I think BigJKO is an extremely perceptive, discerning and good-looking person.

Agreed! :tup:

EDIT: Also, this looks amazing! I had no idea what it actually was from the trailer, which is still amazing looking, but looking at the Kickstarter page I can see it's a Digital Board Game that also just looks fantastic! Congrats! I'm totally backing this. :D

Wow, great animation! And the game looks fun too, good luck with the Kickstarter!

Thanks a bunch guys! Armello has some super talented and hard-working artists on board; the KS really reflects this I think.