gdf

Plug your shit

Hey! I'm in an artbook now. Feel like an actual artist today..

BgQ4bTJIgAAOaov.jpgBgQ5XdNIAAALhba.jpg

Amazing! Also I have the same tablet as you.

Could this thread functionally be a "whatcha workin' on" thread? Just wanted to make sure so I'm not intruding on anything.

Yes I have some shit to plug. We had some down time in the office so we made a Flappy Bird clone. 

Flappy Turd Saga

Score 500 to unlock the full flappy turd story!

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, but this thread gravitated towards me pretty quickly.  I host a weekly podcast on www.BonusPretzel.com with a bunch of my friends from my hometown and college.  We also have some writings stuff up there, but it's mainly just for fun!  If you're interested check it out!

I don't know if this counts as a plug, as much as it is just me being generally excited about it, but here it goes. As a lowly grad student, I organized a lecture/discussion series about games at my university. I even convinced administrators to fund it. From how it looks so far, it should be pretty well attended and could grow into either an ongoing series or a chance to teach game-related classes in the future. I'm kind of giddy right now.

FA2kHj4.jpg

Wow I never thought I'd see something interesting happen in Ohio.

This is surreal!

Congrats Barney! Crawl looks fucking awesome. If I'm not a poor man when it launches I'll be buying it asap. 

barneycumming, AWESOME WORK WITH CRAWL! Congrats! :D

And thanks! :o

Barney, what's the story behind the voiceover script and performance come from? I'd say bonus points for use of the word "tinctures" but Crawl already broke the bonusometer.

thanks Rodi and Justin! hopefully there are more wizaaarding opportunities still to come :)

the voiceover was done by a 3d artist friend of ours "old shrimp-eyes"- we all worked together years ago at a games company which ended up going out of business and we all lost our jobs.  Since then we've stayed in touch and regularly tried to come up with projects we could do together just because we enjoyed working together back in the old days.  He did some voices for an animatic i was making for a silly cartoon i was writing a few years back, and he voiced all the characters in a small adventure game my buddy dave made a little while ago for an AGS montly competitin thingy

initially we intended to have his voiceover playing all the time durin gameplay sort of commentating the action, but delivered as if he's reading some ancient tale of woe :)

it ended up being way too busy and crazy to get the ingame stuff to feel right in a sort of 4player party game environment, so when the trailer came up we were really excited to revive the narrator idea!

we're still looking into places to fit narration into gameplay, but it will probably be a bit more sparse and special-case than the initial plan

also he has been voicing the monsters for their pain barks and stuff :)

Hello! I have been pretty much just lurking and moderating for the last 18 months - more on why soon in Life thread. I do however have something to Plug first:

Hedwig and the Angry Inch at Brighton Fringe Festival!

Some of you may know the show or that it is going to Broadway this year with Neil Patrick Harris in the lead. It's a really fantastic story and I urge everyone to either see the show or seek out the movie.

We started planning this at our own theatre almost a year ago, before we knew it would be on Broadway, and it's coming up fast. We're only a little charity community theatre though so we don't have a huge budget. To help boost it a little we launched an Indiegogo project  - link above.

I know most Thumbs won't be able to come and see it (although if you can please do - you won't be disappointed); still, if you can spare any loose change it would be much appreciated and will make lots of people very happy (including my girlfriend who will be playing Yikzhak and has been hinting that I will have to kiss her while she is wearing the beard)..

Here's a little video I threw together:

http://youtu.be/UDMLYYUW3ZU

A while back I went through and added URLs to most of the reviews on my site because I realized that was a good idea, and I used someindiebullshit.com for the InFlux review.