gdf

Plug your shit

"A collaboration between designer Charles Cecil and coming artist Dave Gibbons it was an excellent blend of humour and serious storytelling, unlike this sentence."

These things write themselves!

Jón, I can totally help you do a few of these. I love writing silly things. We can discuss my exorbitant fee in a PM you will now send me.

It's definitely easier to write a personal note for each game. I don't know if it's more interesting, but I kind of like it. Here's a PDF of the first 8 pages, if anyone's interested in having a look.

Thanks, Rodi! If I end up going for this more personal take it'd feel a bit weird if someone else wrote it. But, I'd love it if Ben, you and anyone else would look over the stuff I have when I'm finished and make suggestions for changes and such.

Sorry for completely hi-jacking this thread for my own purposes.

EDIT: Holy shit, Niyeaux! Congrats! :D

It's nice to read, though I'm now a little concerned that they'll all read like "this game was really special to me", "And this game was also really special to me", &c. This must be super frustrating to you, but iterate and iterate some more, to make it perfect! The book deserves it. I do like that they're all about your own experiences with the games though, so it's good to think a little more on how to tackle that. Maybe by describing the thing you liked about it, or a memorable scene, without necessarily emphasizing your feelings about it? The fact that you're already drawing it is testimony enough.

Thanks! That's perfect advice. No frustration at all, I want this to be good. And this kind of feedback makes it better. :D

You put some masterful structure into that article, Niyeaux. So good.

Thanks pal. That article was more work and more time than anything else I've ever written, so I'm glad it doesn't suck. ;)

Are you working for Polygon on a regular basis or was this a one-off article, Niyeaux?

Just freelancing for them, so I can pitch stuff whenever I like, and they tell me whether or not they want it/have time and money for it. I'm working on a second feature of similar length for them right now, but that's all I've got on my plate for now.

cheers Dosed :) thanks for the support!

hey osmosisch yeah we've had it pointed out by DCSS fans that just "crawl" is the common nickname for that game (damnit!), and you're definitley right about it hampering our googlability...  we've been tinking about Crawl: 4p or Crawl: multiplayer or something to define it in a search

BigJKO- your art is awesome, i would definitely buy the book!  I would like to see little blurbs/descriptions for all of the games, and maybe paragraphs a little longer where there are interesting tidbits relating to the development people may not know about... even just a little more backgound on some of the artists on the games

Not my shit, but figured I would plug my sister-in-law, who was featured on an NPR show about drug addiction last week.  She's just published her first book on the science behind treatment.

I have another screenshot of this thing

12450579445_60b609feb8_h.jpg

Wow, fucking beautiful. When will this become a real thing? So I can buy this? With my money?

Not my shit, but figured I would plug my sister-in-law, who was featured on an NPR show about drug addiction last week.  She's just published her first book on the science behind treatment.

Hey Bjorn, this is awesome. Thanks.

Wait, I don't understand, which character is that from Star Trek: The Next Generation, as per your oeuvre?

(Congrats!)