gdf

Plug your shit

Hahaha.. Amazing! Good work TychoCelchuuu!  :tup:

Will there be an OGOTY feature?

That is hilarious, congrats on getting so much coverage so quickly.

Those Kotaku comments though, man. :fart:

Even though this is hilarious and cool, I feel slightly worried that people will legitimately miss the joke and your objective opinions will begin to stand as actual criticisms of games? I mean, this is the internet, and since objectivity has been the holy grail that many gamers wish game review sites would grasp...and then there's the problem of many devs/publishers actually abusing your "reviews" and adding them to their steam pages or websites, etc. Is this perhaps too much of a pessimistic and cynical view? I mean, I know it's easy to get the joke, but this IS the internet, so... :gaming:

I unno', don't mind me I guess. Congratulations on the success, anyway.  ^_^

Even though this is hilarious and cool, I feel slightly worried that people will legitimately miss the joke and your objective opinions will begin to stand as actual criticisms of games? I mean, this is the internet, and since objectivity has been the holy grail that many gamers wish game review sites would grasp...and then there's the problem of many devs/publishers actually abusing your "reviews" and adding them to their steam pages or websites, etc. Is this perhaps too much of a pessimistic and cynical view? I mean, I know it's easy to get the joke, but this IS the internet, so... :gaming:

If the worry is that people will take what my reviews say and believe them, then I'm not super worried. The reviews themselves are objective, except for the number at the end, and I don't see what makes me less qualified to slap a number on there than sites like Cheat Code Central and Hardcore Gamer Magazine which, by virtue of their being factored into Metacritic scores, have much more influence on things than I ever could. Hell, if Cheat Code Central had given Fallout: New Vegas a higher score, it would've gotten an 85 Metacritic average rather than an 84, and Obsidian would've received some much needed cash. In a world like this, where review scores by who gives a fuck can put people who work at one of my favorite dev studios out of a job, I'm not too concerned that someone will take the numbers I assign to games and treat them as if they're something more than they are.

In other news Google Analytics lets you view how many people are on your site in real time. It's addictive as fuck. The peak was about a constant ~600 when Kotaku first mentioned me - now it's hovering at ~200.

That is hilarious, congrats on getting so much coverage so quickly.

Those Kotaku comments though, man. :fart:

I made it three comments in and my brain started hurting too much to continue.

And seriously, congrats Tycho! 

I would call that a massive success! The best satire is the stuff that's taken seriously.

Holy shit, Tycho, that was you! Everyone was linking to it yesterday, some even questioning if it was satire or not.

Hilarious stuff.

EDIT: This is an anal thing to complain about, but the platform listings for some games are PC and OS X, which is weird to me.. why not Windows and OS X (Objectively, the correct way) or PC and Mac (arguably a bit wrong still..)? Subjectively, a MAJOR blemish on an otherwise amazing thing.

I'm still disappointed that the objective score is not properly explained.

Holy shit, Tycho, that was you! Everyone was linking to it yesterday, some even questioning if it was satire or not.

Hilarious stuff.

EDIT: This is an anal thing to complain about, but the platform listings for some games are PC and OS X, which is weird to me.. why not Windows and OS X (Objectively, the correct way) or PC and Mac (arguably a bit wrong still..)? Subjectively, a MAJOR blemish on an otherwise amazing thing.

Simply another ingenious level of satire.

What do you mean? The score is obviously entirely objective.

But I want the formula2_sm.gif

I updated the FAQ to address complains about not explaining the source of the number.

In other news, the Kotaku post about my site and my site are now the top two Google results for "objective game reviews."

more shit from the potential adventure game

basically the idea is there's going to be a map open on the passenger seat of the car, from which you choose your next destination. then, driving off down the road from wherever you are will smash cut you straight there

Tycho, I think we need a thread documenting your Objective Review adventure at this point.  Please do the honors.

And you got linked from NPR's On The Media today!  I was kind of shocked when I saw that pop up in my feed.  It's a banner week when you make it on Kotaku and NPR. For what it's worth, On The Media tends to be the best of mainstream outlets when it comes to covering video games.

more shit from the potential adventure game

Dude, this looks so beautiful! Hope this actually becomes a thing.