gdf

Plug your shit

Oh man, you should go in there sometime for sure. I doubt it is long for this world, and it is a seriously awesome place. They have some great games from the golden age of arcades, (Street Fighter 2 and 3, Raiden, 1942, that sort of thing) and the atmosphere of the place is exactly how an arcade should feel. Seedy, kind of gross, but unique and exciting and awesome.

I've already plugged this in both board game threads, but I guess hitting it up here won't hurt either. I've started a blog called Analysis Paralysis, where I will be writing articles with thoughts on tabletop gaming. Check it out if that sort of thing sounds interesting to you.

Some pictures of the thing I've been working on for the past few months. Based on the early CGI, I didn't expect it to be as good as it actually turned out.

We're open now in London (Leonard Street in Shoreditch), 10:00 - 19:00 Tues - Sat, and amongst a bunch of other stuff on show currently have Hohokum, Beyond: Two Souls, Super Pole Riders, BaraBariBall, Tearaway, and Helix.

Unfortunately, it's temporary, but it's running really nicely. The big table downstairs is for developers to come and work at, and that mixed with exhibition space creates a really good atmosphere. We only run until the 21st, but it's started quite a few people off in London talking about how to make a permanent one. The production values on VMGS put it out of reach for more long term things without some *really* major backing, but I think as a rougher space, such a thing might run well on a hackspace type model.

As part of it, I persuaded VM they should fund an arcade jam. Me, Sos Sosowski, Jonatan Van Hove (Glitchnap), Jon Brodsky (Lucky Frame), Simon Bachelier (One Life Remains), George Buckenham, Marie Foulston and Ricky Haggett (all Wild Rumpus) built a load of stuff this weekend, but the best thing is DOOM PIANO:

https://vine.co/v/hn2MZUdQvdY

https://vine.co/v/hn0mJ7pBMUb

Every one of the hammers is covered in copper tape and wired to act as a keyboard input too.

I can't get Vine to work on Chrome or Firefox. Am I being stupid? All I get is a single frame and the volume button, with no way of making it play.

EDIT: Jesus, it needed the same fix as the html5 problem people were having with the latest DFA episode. It's pretty surpising that, for a lot of people, major things like Vimeo and Vine don't work on Chrome and only work on Firefox if you fuck about with the config. Apparently it's to do with Windows and html5, isn't this a pretty big bug that someone should get on like right fucking now please?

2ND EDIT SO THIS ISN'T ALL WHINING: that's ace, Nach. What you really need is for someone to write a concerto that you can play and speed-runs you through a level.

I can't get Vine to work on Chrome or Firefox. Am I being stupid? All I get is a single frame and the volume button, with no way of making it play.

EDIT: Jesus, it needed the same fix as the html5 problem people were having with the latest DFA episode. It's pretty surpising that, for a lot of people, major things like Vimeo and Vine don't work on Chrome and only work on Firefox if you fuck about with the config. Apparently it's to do with Windows and html5, isn't this a pretty big bug that someone should get on like right fucking now please?

2ND EDIT SO THIS ISN'T ALL WHINING: that's ace, Nach. What you really need is for someone to write a concerto that you can play and speed-runs you through a level.

FWIW it's worth I've had no problems with YouTube, Vine, or Vimeo HTML5 players in Windows 7 Chrome.

FWIW it's worth I've had no problems with YouTube, Vine, or Vimeo HTML5 players in Windows 7 Chrome.

That is worth nothing to me.

That is worth nothing to me.

Well it's at least a starting point if simple variables can be established. Are you using anything other than the latest version of Chrome on Windows 7 (x64), and do you have any Chrome extensions installed?

HTML5 videos are only going to become more widespread so it's worth sorting if possible. Also figuring it out for you may help me when I encounter other users with this problem, ho ho!

Yeesh, in the wake of a real game coming out I feel pretty lame saying I finished a prototype for my first game, Decoys, and you can play it now for free, but only if you tell me about your experience.

Thanks, Lacabra.

But seriously, congrats man, that's gotta be an amazing feeling. I feel like I saw this on tigsource at some point in an earlier form?

Thanks folks! Yeah Drewcifer you probs did see it on tigsource at some point. It has been a long time coming.

I have made like $7000 gross today. I hope I make more as time marches boldly on.

Splendid Lacabra, this is some good news for you that is long overdue!

Well I did my part. Played up to and including the first puzzle involving 2 balls.

I've mentioned it on this thread before but we're more than fifteen episodes in and going reasonably strong. You might fancy a listen.

Some friends and I have a weekly podcast that talks about aspects of contemporary popular culture. The idea is to have a solid topic most weeks (i.e. Die Hard, Japan in American film, Eddie Murphy's 1980s output) and we do talk about video games here and there but the idea is to talk about popular culture broadly without disappearing up our own rear ends.

http://www.theculturalapocalypse.com/culturalapocalypsepodcast/