gdf

Plug your shit

I have a friend doing that right now in British Columbia. He absolutely loves it, though I get the sense he's starting to get a little homesick. Still, no need to justify that, it sounds like a rad thing to do.

That person reminds me of something and I really have no idea what.

I just draw phalluses and then turn them into things. In the "How to draw cartoons" books, they tell you to break down the forms into geometric shapes. I just break them down into phalluses. Or is it "phallusi"?. Or is it like "sheep". I draw many phallus.

Yeah, I've done it before in the US and it's best thing I've done with my life so far (along with going to university). The difference is I'm on my own this time, in the US I was travelling with 2 other friends, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I've found it's just as much about meeting other WWOOF'ers as it is staying in specific farms/places and meeting the hosts. I'm kind of taking a scatter gun approach to life at the moment by just throwing everything out there and seeing what happens. 

That Real Boy game looks good, and Armello looks great. :tup:

I'm gonna be honest, though... this could totally be interpreted the wrong way:

splash.jpg

Hahaha, I love that. So many burning steppes.

I did this a while a go with my brother and I thought some of you might find this mildly amusing.

http://vaultinhabitant.tumblr.com/post/53462518181/i-tested-my-brother-on-his-map-knowledge-of-world#notes

Ex/Current WoW players will find this SIGNIFICANTLY more interesting than those who have not, are not and never will play WoW.

Nice candles. I was telling my girlfriend ages ago she should look into applying her craft skills to gaming candles because that's exactly the kind of thing geeky men in minimalist apartments like me would buy to add some style. Didn't listen. ;(

As an aside, it looks like more of a shop transaction than backing the project's R&D like most Kickstarter projects, which kind of seems less sustainable/likely to succeed than just doing an Etsy shop or something? Because if you don't hit the full amount you don't get any money from Kickstarter, even though you might have $3000+ of custom. As a business model Kickstarter doesn't seem like the best fit, although I guess the climate for Kickstarter projects is relatively good right now.

Anyway, good luck with it! I'd back but the costs are a bit prohibitive for shipping to the UK. On a personal note though, I'd probably back anyway if I knew these things couldn't exist otherwise and I was backing the R&D. Although I guess that doesn't really apply to candles, heh. So I'm judging it more in the sense of 'Do I actually want to buy one of these?' rather than 'Do I want this sweet idea to exist so I can buy one later?', which could cost you other backers too.

Oh dear, hope the crash thing hasn't hurt the launch too much. :tdown:

So, I don't actually make that many posts, but on this occasion I feel I need to call upon the great Idle Readership for a good cause. I'm not sure if this is the best thread to post this in or not, because its not *my* shit per se. Anyway, some amazing folks from my home town of Melbourne Australia are making a documentary about the rise of independent game development in recent times. The have already made some amazing headway on it already, and are trying to get the project completed using kickstarter. It is a really worthwhile project, and I thought some Thumbs readers might want to know it exists. You can check it out here;

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studiobento/gameloading-rise-of-the-indies

Also, regular website here;

http://www.gameloading.tv/