gdf

Plug your shit

It's perfectly valid to have mixed feelings and question your success. I listened to Mel Brooks on The Nerdist and he insisted that, of the films he made, The Twelve Chairs was still his favorite, and it's weird to him how everyone tells him Spaceballs is his best work.

Personally I have a lot of trouble feeling grateful for any success that I have. I remember in high school we did charcoal enlargements of photos of ourselves, and mine won second place at some local high school show. My teacher berated me for not being grateful, which might be fair, but I felt weird because it wasn't really a piece I was very proud of and didn't really like anyway. It was just an in-class assignment. Even if I'm happy with my work, it's hard for me to accept praise without feeling in debt and questioning if I deserve the honor.

It's perfectly valid to have mixed feelings and question your success. I listened to Mel Brooks on The Nerdist and he insisted that, of the films he made, The Twelve Chairs was still his favorite, and it's weird to him how everyone tells him Spaceballs is his best work.

What?! Who says Spaceballs is his best work?? The Producers won best screenplay at the 1968 Academy Awards. And I think Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are both more popular and highly regarded than Spaceballs. Weird. I haven't seen it for years (although I just bought the Mel Brook Collection on Blu-ray, so I'll be seeing it soon, I guess). Is it really that well regarded...?

Mel Brooks is an unreliable witness, though. I'm sure I've heard him in several different interviews say that different films were his favourite. I think he gets swept up the moment :-/

That plane game looks mighty rad already. I_smell, if you plan on implementing any sort of campaign mode, and want to work with a writer, drop me a line!

Just got done editing and publishing a technical breakdown of Ass Creed 2 an awesome dude on my forum put together. Worth a look if this kind of thing interests you!

Technical Breakdown: Assassin's Creed 2

Also retwats are always great. http://twitter.com/m...002834353627140

Totally read it on my phone this morning. That's some interesting stuff. I'm heavy into optimising my game right now, especially for ios, so double interesting.

How many people are there 'round these parts who make vidjagames? Is there a game dev thread? I kind of feel like chattin' about that

Heyo those comparison shots between the character models of ACII and Revelations are extraordinary. I already intuited that there was a huge difference (I said as much in the discussions on Brotherhood and Revelations), but seeing it literally face to face is a shock. What an improvement, within the same generation (and engine)!

PST! The French translation of Hobo Lobo is almost ready for prime time. Let's call the super double plus exclusive leak you're witnessing before your very eyes a beta release of Lobo l’Clodo. Woo! It was translated by our very own Ossk! We still need to translate the interface and link it up from the rest of the site, but it is pretty much done.

Haha, sweet! Are you anticipating a large french fanbase? I love how the name sounds in French!

I've started contributing to a community project called AlphaBots. A robot for each letter of the alphabet. Here're my first two, and my theme is Video Game Robots.

A for Atlas from Portal 2

CgHty1Gl.jpg

B for Big Robot Bil from The Neverhood

feT0uxWl.jpg

Heh, I wish it were anything special. It's just a fixed size hard circle, with opacity insead of size set to pen pressure.

Just got done editing and publishing a technical breakdown of Ass Creed 2 an awesome dude on my forum put together. Worth a look if this kind of thing interests you!

Technical Breakdown: Assassin's Creed 2

Also retwats are always great. http://twitter.com/m...002834353627140

That was interesting! (although I skipped some bits)

What I've always wanted to know is how they handle all the parkour/collisions thing, I wonder if there's been any info on that (it shouldn't be as easy to deduce as graphics thingies)

Spot the difference! There are 3 differences. I was just asked to put this together for a facebook competition, spent about 2mins on it and then stumped the whole office. I thought i'd post it here as we like games innit

post-27841-0-57800600-1361197048_thumb.jpg

edit: i've shrunk the image to fit

Found two (the

splashing bottom centre

and 

the sail top left

), but the pictures are big enough that I need to scroll back and forth so I'll leave it at that!

I found the

splash

and the

fingers

but gave up before noticing the

sail

. But together we have solved it.

On my own!

The gloves on the first foreground man from left, the top of a boat in the upper left corner and a wave foam thing that's missing in middle of the ocean!

The sail, the glove and the wave

I am the greatest!!!!

I found all three in about 30 seconds. Yay!

The wave, the glove, the sail.

Clearly everyone in your office sucks. Either that, or we're all awesome! (Actually I'm sure it's a ton more easier when you don't have to scroll around.)

BigJKO, Nach, Pirate and TP, we all would have believed that you'd also spotted them, you didn't each need to laboriously type them out and spoiler tag them!

I should get in to mapping. My mapping experience began and finished with the half life 1 level editor, I was obsessed with recreating the facility level from goldeneye. Then when i started my 3d animation course and it became 'work', I quickly lost interest. (How the teenage brain works)

Just have to buy a PC and I'm all set!

Did you make that stuff in the article? It's really pretty!