gdf

Plug your shit

Windows/Mac. Later iOS.

I'd be interested, but what type of feedback do you want?

Oh y'know, the usual kind. "This thing is broken" "This part frustrates me" "This entire game is a waste of my goddamned time" etc

I haven't plugged shit in a while, and since Natural Selection 2 is such an amazing game and because I can plug it indirectly by plugging my shit, enjoy a horrendous torrent of unending shit:

You pronounce your name funny.

(That's the only thing I can find wrong with those. :tup:)

PS. This shit where I see a new thread on SA for a game I'm interested in and you're the OP needs to stop.

Got this idea in my head for a comic about a couple raising their infant in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Haven't gotten much further, but drew this today so that I'd remember the idea later.

tumblr_mg3ic6MKPF1qlxkdoo1_r1_500.jpg

Sorry I can't test InFlux, my PC can't run actual Video games.

I made more concept art for the game I haven't touched in like 6 months. Over the christmas break I gave it some new design ideas and I'm actually super excited about where it's at now. I actually can't wait to do some asset production so I can make a sick trailer and show it off. When you freeze guys they slow down, but their defense goes UP! and when you set them on fire they take more damage, but also ATTACK YOU FASTER! I hope I can spend 2013 implementing that stuff and have a really awesome game to show for it, but right now I'm just stuck in compile-error purgatory on a way less exciting game, uggggg!

Anyway, squeezed these out:

089753d40093eab8045eb01288424f03.png?1357299510

My current in-game stuff looks very garish, so I'm trying to draw mock-ups that I can then aim for.

0a63b74b9458b11d6f5d7faa20185ae3.png?1357299638

The concept for this is that one wall of your base flips up and becomes a big dumb gun that fires you across the continent, and I guess some guy inside is like "hey that's my office! aw nuts not again!!"

I'm flipping between whether or not everything's TOO saturated. I feel like I should have more restraint on background stuff, maybe that's what's wrong with it right now. I keep slamming all the sliders all the way up and that's probably something I need to snap out of.

Those canyon walls only look a tenth as good as I wish they did, but they're actually really hard to draw. That's something I need to try again, even though it's not very fun to zoom in and draw a bunch of tiny lines on everything.

EDIT- I love the shape of this guy, above. He has a really tough-guy head even though he's got these pipe-cleaner arms and legs. The really long arms are good.

I love that explosion! If you can make the in-game explosion look like that, I'll buy eight copies of your game. You should maybe just make the canyon walls less detailed, somehow.. And focus on some more hard shadows to define each vertical piece/pillar in the canyon? I don't know. It just feels a bit shapeless and smooth right now.

EDIT- I love the shape of this guy, above. He has a really tough-guy head even though he's got these pipe-cleaner arms and legs. The really long arms are good.

Thanks! Haha, pipe-cleaner arms! That's a nice term for it.

Perhaps a lot more contrast between the light a shade and i'd tone back the rock gradient stuff as well

more jaggy monoliths and less streaky bacon

..%5Cartgallery%5Cmedia%5Ccanyon_sunset_color_sketch.jpg

"Less streaky bacon" There's your box quote.

In an attempt to excorcise the Mignola demon out of me (which is futile, since I'll be sitting down to read more Hellboy later, bringing him right back) I did this Mario/Mignola crossover thing!

tumblr_mg3vuhksaq1qlxkdoo1_r1_500.jpg

That's made me hungry :)

I'm having left over pigs in blankets for lunch. 5 of the little critters one foot long bake in the oven baguette tomato sauce and mustard. It's like a gastro hotdog. Noms. 3 hours until bacon

I'm really, really proud of how this turned out. What started as a friend's microblog post creating haikus from words on shampoo bottles evolved into a lavish relaxation tape parody. Writing and narration is by Andrew McIlvaney, with additional voices by Chad McCanna. I handled music and production.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath and rinse your anxiety away.

Kitchen Quest

This isn't exactly mine, but a kid's game I worked on a couple of years ago at my previous company just made an iPad port with some newer graphical flairs. I just got an iPad last night and boy did I feel proud. I didn't feel as proud when the flash version came out but it sure looks nice now for sure.

I did the concept for main blue goat chef dude and a few other assets for menus and backgrounds and the chalkboard stuff, but I don't think I did any animation like the credits state. Maybe a minor amount, I forget. I had left earlier on in the project before a friend of mine took my job at the company and he's the one who finished up about 75% of the game's graphics.

Anyway, I was more involved with other games at that company than this one, but none came to the iPad. I feel happy.

I needed an obsolete type of bolt for a BMX I restored, and couldn't find one anywhere except a mild steel (hence easily rusted), shit one. Yesterday I met someone for a bit of lathe tuition and made this:

8380826669_60021042a2.jpg

into this:

8380912851_02e0a14f0b.jpg

Lathes can be incredibly therapeutic to use. There are a load of how it's made photos here.

For some reason I find this incredible. You just made a beautiful object and you did it yourself.

I feel a bit guilty with this being my first post here, but I'm a big thumbs fan and think the thumbs readers might like my latest game, which I'm trying to get Greenlit.

It's called Man in a Maze. I usually describe it as a cross between Pacman, Splinter Cell and The Price is Right.

Check it out here, (there's a trailer and screenshots):

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=118461700

One of the prizes you can win while playing the game is a box set of The Life of Puffins, on blu-ray:

LifeOfPuffins.jpg

Cheers :)

For some reason I find this incredible. You just made a beautiful object and you did it yourself.

Thanks. It was a few hours work, mostly due to setup and calculations. A CNC lathe could probably do it in under a minute. It does indeed seem like magic to take a chunk of stock and turn it into an actual thing. Drawing things in CAD and feeding them to the laser cutter, 3D printer or CNC mill feels very similar; you knock up an idea on a screen, and a few minutes or hours later, you're holding an actual object.