gdf

Plug your shit

I tweeted your blog post of this and it got favourited by Tim Schafer!

Yes! I saw. Thanks a bunch.

That's some nice faux-retro.

We're gonna make a few games and release it as the Faux-Retro Fauxback Fun-Pack

Wow, that's really effective. :tup: Excited about the possibilities. I am curious to see how it functions with more complicated things out in the world, like trees and such.

Wow, that's really effective. :tup: Excited about the possibilities. I am curious to see how it functions with more complicated things out in the world, like trees and such.

Parallax guy! We meet again!

I sometimes get into the habit of posting everything I'm doing as I do it, and I'll try not to do that, but here's this:

I'm doing concept art for this game and I'm PRETTY NEW to Photoshop, and trying to be a good artist in general. So I have in my head this planet getting blown up.

and I make this.

Not totally happy with it. It doesn't feel chunky or rocky, it doesn't have the kind of volume I want, the beam looks like a crappy spider-web, and once I'd decided I didn't like it, I didn't stick around to fix the colours. So this is one of the rare times I said "This isn't useful as concept art, it's not good enough, it's not gonna help when I look at it later, I'm doing it again."

So I said alright- I'm gonna start again from line-art and make sure I have giant country-sized chunks sinking in and smacking outwards.

338d262e075cff8ae8f9482888a09727.png

WAY better already! I'm still kind of a dumb spaz here, and there's... lines all over the place, but this is so much closer to what I'm thinking of. I wish I had time to just iterate concept art over n over again now, but then obviously nothing'd get made.

I'm gonna go ahead and replug my podcast which is awful (and is about video games (shock) and sometimes other stuff), since we just did a new episode (with another on the way shortly!). http://www.monopodcast.com/

As I said the first time, we do it because we like doing it, and not necessarily because we're good at it or really care about people hearing us. It's just kind of fun to Pretend To Matter sometimes. But I do think we are getting better. If only we would just start doing it more consistently! U:

@I_smell: I like your exploding planet! My only real criticism so far is that the perspective on the bits and bobs is a bit weird, but maybe that was a stylistic choice?

I'm gonna go ahead and replug my podcast which is awful (and is about video games (shock) and sometimes other stuff), since we just did a new episode (with another on the way shortly!). http://www.monopodcast.com/

As I said the first time, we do it because we like doing it, and not necessarily because we're good at it or really care about people hearing us. It's just kind of fun to Pretend To Matter sometimes. But I do think we are getting better. If only we would just start doing it more consistently! U:

@I_smell: I like your exploding planet! My only real criticism so far is that the perspective on the bits and bobs is a bit weird, but maybe that was a stylistic choice?

It's weird how because you linked to it from here, I expected a really bumbling sudden opening (a la Thumbs)

Maybe it's kinda like how The Office destroyed the idea of traditional sitcoms in my brain

Anyhow, this isn't bad and you shouldn't quit!

Haha, to be honest, we usually bumble for like half an hour before we get into anything worthwhile. We try to cut the crap out of the final product during editing. Eventually we'd definitely like to be able to just record and ship it mostly raw, 'cause none of us really have the skill - or, more accurately, the time - to edit it to anything really coherent. Long ways off from there!

The other dudes in this podcast (fallout/Brenden, n0b/David) are also members here, although they never post. U: Oh, except Dwight (who wasn't in the latest episode). I don't think he's got an account here.

Thanks for the support! :D

I do AAR's of wargames mostly. Because I write them up blow by blow, and try to explain what is happening, and why I'm doing something, it takes me an eternity to do them, so ultimately a lot of them are in a limbo and they need finishing. But as long as the enthusiasm carries me along, I try to get them done.

It was really down to Troy's Flash of Steel blog, his encouragement and the inspiration gleaned from listening to the 3MA podcast that set me on my way, I prefer to ride my enthusiasm through an AAR playthrough, than try and play at unbiased pros and cons reviewer. I just enjoy the enthusiastic flow of gaming, rather than having to plod through games for the sake of a balanced critique that so many more talented reviewers can do so much better than myself anyway.

If even one of my articles lights a spark of enthusiasm in someone, and they try out the game, then my job is done. I like to think of myself as opening the door to wargaming for the strategy gaming masses. Simply by taking people along, on my personal journey, towards appreciating the bean counting battle fatigued niche that wargaming is to strategy gaming.

http://www.sugarfreegamer.com

Hmm.. I wish I could find your podcast in Apple's Podcast app, Twig. I've searched for "monopodcast" and "monopod" to no avail.

Hmm.. I wish I could find your podcast in Apple's Podcast app, Twig. I've searched for "monopodcast" and "monopod" to no avail.

We're not on iTunes! I'd have no idea how to go about that and to be honest the thought never crossed my mind. X: I suppose I can look into it!

Hey, this is a weird thing to plug. It's some music, and I DIDN'T MAKE IT!

I released a game last year, and releasing a game is this big hectic thing, it was really difficult. Someone reminded me yesterday that our soundtrack was missing a track. I was so annoyed that this slipped through and never got fixed, that I

In looking up the audio artist to plug him somewhere, I noticed that he'd made our soundtrack a free download last month without mentioning it.

So I thought "I wonder if he noticed the missing song", and I downloaded it. Turns out there's like 3 or 4 tracks in here that somehow never got to me! Or maybe I deleted somehow? Anyway: Hearing "brand new" content for this game I put so much time into, a year after it's done, is so exciting, it's like finding a weird director's cut. I totally forgot how good this guy was, and how lucky we were to have him.

Hidden treasure! There's a couple more on the channel that never got used or that just got uncovered yesterday. It totally makes me think of Bionic Commando ReArmed or Castle Crashers, or some other game with completely enviable music.

Better!

Left it running for 40 minutes. Got somewhat laggy. :P

Also, hooray Australia high five

Just out of curiosity, Firefox or Chrome?

Thanks for the feedback, as well

Interviewed redeye who is an esports legend and transcribed most of it 30 minutes on edit one is 2k words. Now bed

Hey, this is a weird thing to plug. It's some music, and I DIDN'T MAKE IT!

I released a game last year, and releasing a game is this big hectic thing, it was really difficult. Someone reminded me yesterday that our soundtrack was missing a track. I was so annoyed that this slipped through and never got fixed, that I

In looking up the audio artist to plug him somewhere, I noticed that he'd made our soundtrack a free download last month without mentioning it.

So I thought "I wonder if he noticed the missing song", and I downloaded it. Turns out there's like 3 or 4 tracks in here that somehow never got to me! Or maybe I deleted somehow? Anyway: Hearing "brand new" content for this game I put so much time into, a year after it's done, is so exciting, it's like finding a weird director's cut. I totally forgot how good this guy was, and how lucky we were to have him.

Hidden treasure! There's a couple more on the channel that never got used or that just got uncovered yesterday. It totally makes me think of Bionic Commando ReArmed or Castle Crashers, or some other game with completely enviable music.

Oh man, that's awesome. I guess I missed this post somehow.

Good music dudes are hard to find. I'm super happy with the guy who's scoring InFlux, Jonathan Yandel. He has a soundcloud. Plug plug plug.

There's a whale in the game, this is his theme:

http://soundcloud.com/jyandel/megaptera-novaeangliae