gdf

Plug your shit

I guess should prepend this, as a form of disclosure, that I work for Silk (the tool with which I made this site). But I've catalogued pretty much my entire game library and using it to destroy my shamefully large backlog.

http://mybacklog.silkapp.com

As a metric to determine the order to tackle the game is I went for its metascore, might not be the best choice but I couldn't thing of any other way. If you've got an idea, I'd be open for it.

I've been recently been more involved with E-Sports, both on the back end and talking with players. There should be more cool stuff coming!

I've been doing some interviews for Team Dignitas with StarCraft personalities. My first is up with the Team Liquid caster and moderator with an iron fist!

http://www.team-dign...History-Lesson/

So how did you become involved with Team Liquid?

Chill: Teamliquid.net and Gosugamers.net were just kind of where you ended up after you spent enough time playing StarCraft. Honestly, I have no idea how I found these websites, but I remember being on them in 2003. I was never a big poster, but I read a lot. I started posting a lot more in 2007. I naturally gravitated to the strategy forum and posted quite a bit there.

I remember, very specifically, that I was getting frustrated with the replies. This was the thread that threw me over the edge and made me PM Manifesto7 for some form of moderating in the strategy forum, I even created a troll account and started posting on it (Blayse). This was before TL had all the user-tracking tools we have today. EventuallyManifesto7 just suggested I moderate the forum myself and I guess no staff objected. Then I just started moderating other forums and no one objected to that too. And now here we are.

You spent some time in Korea in 2009, Do you have any particularly fond memories or any negative ones?

Chill: I was actually in Korea for 30 days in 2012 as well. I spent 70 days in Asia in 2009, the majority of it was in Korea. I like Korea, a lot, but I think it gets oversold. A lot of people seem to have their first adventure travelling alone in Korea and declare it the best place in the world. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an incredible place, but there are so many places in the world to see. I always feel bad when I read people spending 30 days in a PCBang and eating fast food and attending the GSL and then going home. There’s so much more to do. Okay that’s my rant.

Korea is awesome to me because it’s the only place in the world I can travel to and speak another language well enough be understood. I like that aspect of it. Dan “Rekrul” Schreiber is an awesome guy and I owe a lot to him for the experiences in 2009. I lived with Dan “Artosis” Stemkoski and Joseph “Ret” de Kroon for a week, which was awesome. Artosis and Nick “Tasteless” Plott are exactly the same people off camera and really outgoing, great guys. I had fun just going around with SC people. The best StarCraft experience was going to IEG, playing in the tournament, watching Aleksey “White-Ra” Krupnyk beat Lim “Boxer” Yo Hwan, and going out with the players afterward.

Haha, nice!

I like the little Leisure Suit Larry jumping out of the Sierra grave in the background (even though fuck that guy and fuck Al Lowe and boo Sierra and everyone who likes shitty adventure games).

The orange hand prolly belongs to Glottis so your chronological pedantry is fail.

Oh hahah, that explains it. I thought that the hand was the hand of the yellow logo man but somehow after death he became all fat and bloated, sort of poking fun at Lucasarts today. But that really makes no sense.

The orange hand prolly belongs to Glottis so your chronological pedantry is fail.

Correct! :D Thanks, everyone.

This is a super cool thread and you guys all do rad stuff. I too do stuff:

I have a company called Impromptu Games, and we just put a game on Greenlight. It's not done yet but should be this year. Also we made a Half-life 2 mod called Shotgun Sunrise in 2008 and an iOS/PC little spinoff racing game called Vroom! last year (it's free).

Here's the new thing:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92911221

I made a blog where I try to write funny/interesting things about game design and development.

http://problemmachine.wordpress.com

Been updating for a few months now. I think the things I've been writing are pretty interesting, but hey I might be kind of biased.

Also, a few days ago I used that blog to announce and completely commit to developing a game that I've been thinking about for a long time:

evewp.jpg

Super excited about it, to the point I've been having difficulty sleeping. Guess that's the authentic game developer experience!

My freelance work I do is actually looking way better than my personal work right now, which is fucking annoying and a bummer. I'd love to show how I'm trying to get good at art, and this game I'm making, but I just looked over it and it looks rubbish- people in this thread are all really good.

Here's my latest animation stuff though!

Splash 1 - last week

Splash 2 - last month

A website asked me to come up with a mascot and make an intro splash-screen for all their games that come through. These are both already out there in free browser games. There's a little bit of "make him smile in everything" and "make the lines way thicker" that I'm not allowed to deviate from, but y'know- I've made like 12 of these and I'm TOTALLY happy with how they're coming out!

Now if only I could get back to my own game!

OK, here's an engine demo of mine:

(grab the 60fps video if you can)

This project is a long time coming, but it's definitely moving along now