gdf

Plug your shit

I just might, it needs powerups at least. It'll take a while though, will nwed to clean up a lot of code if I am to add more featureso

When I played this game 30 years* ago, the pixels didn't spin or glow… It seems like a kind of thing that is engineered to eat quarters. Have you considered how you could refresh/revisit/evolve the old school mechanics somehow?

* I did not play this game 30 years ago. This kind of gameplay is not my cup of tea, maybe you were going for something pure and simple that is beyond me, in which case feel free to ignore me.

Because if you want to make something and actually finish it, sometimes it's good to start simple.

Only criticism would be that the boss where I'm pretty sure I hit it, but then the bullets just passed through it. If it isn't the collision detection and there is a specific order to the little squares, then that wasn't clear to me.

Because if you want to make something and actually finish it, sometimes it's good to start simple.

Only criticism would be that the boss where I'm pretty sure I hit it, but then the bullets just passed through it. If it isn't the collision detection and there is a specific order to the little squares, then that wasn't clear to me.

It seemed like the hitbox was just at the very center of the boss. In other words, the boxes that surround it are more a health indicator than anything else.

It seemed like the hitbox was just at the very center of the boss. In other words, the boxes that surround it are more a health indicator than anything else.

Yeah the hitbox was lazy :) It's just the center mass, I didn't feel like adding the rest, it's 10 min of work but boring 10 min :)

Ok, so I got bored and (very lazily) spliced together some of the opening frames of The Simpsons. I always wondered what that super-fast animation that speeds by looked like, and recently I picked it up on DVD finally letting me see, once and for all.

As I say, it's VERY ugly (took me about 30 mins). I can't be bothered to clean it up further/draw the missing chunks, so here it is, for any Simpson fan who's ever wondered:

Simpsons.jpg

EDIT: Lol! Last time I searched I couldn't find it, but now it came up straight away... Someone else already took more time and care than I did:

SimpsonsOpenComp2.png

boy... did you waste your time. Time you could have spend mine crafting

I've been making short silly songs with that Pocketband app lately, and the latest one accidentally turned into The Battle of Max Ides.

Been helping on the back end of a starcraft II tournament today 16 player tournament where myself and another are running the brackets setting up the games while it's being casted.

created as spread sheet for the maps and scores as well as http://challonge.com/scforumopen a bracket.

Still being broadcast pretty good so far: http://www.twitch.tv/voctergaming. I'll update when it's done

The now only semi-secret work project I've been doing for the past 18 months or so is a near indestructible camera enclosure. Here it is hanging off me on a mountain bike yesterday:

Here are a bunch of early tests:

Some skate stuff:

It's also been drop tested in the bowl. Films all the way through 15 foot drops onto concrete, no damage :)

Some skate stuff:

It's also been drop tested in the bowl. Films all the way through 15 foot drops onto concrete, no damage :)

That looks pretty damn cool, I hope you put it to good use.

I always forget to check back on Banter, but that thanks for those who voted or even took the time to check it out; much appreciated.

@ Thunderpeel: Damn, I've fallen in that trap a lot where I google something for hours, can't find it, start making it, and then a week later find it within seconds and less sloppy.

I haven't watched the Simpsons in, possibly, a decade, the look\quality of the drawings look so foreign to me now. I see the old, shittier versions and feel more comfort in something I've seen a billion times.... I guess this is what old age feels like?

The now only semi-secret work project I've been doing for the past 18 months or so is a near indestructible camera enclosure. Here it is hanging off me on a mountain bike yesterday:

Really cool! I actually thought it was something along those lines from the hints you've given before, but didn't guess exactly. What do you mean "work project" -- is it not just fun and games? :)

Good luck!

It's a kit I'm hoping to make and sell for various existing devices (I'll post pictures soon, but not yet). It started with me making a really shitty one to go snowboarding last year. It was handmade, with wonky edges and a big wide angle lens zip tied to the front. The camera survived all the crashes well, and enough snowboarders asked me about it that I thought "Hmm…". For the rest of the year, other mountain bikers kept spotting it and asking about it. I got access to a small CNC mill, taught myself CAD, and started cranking out better prototypes (Not a huge jump to do 2.5D work if you already know anything like UnrealEd, Illustrator and Photoshop).

The main difference between the thing I'm making and similar products (apart from it being much uglier and cheaper) is that it's designed to be modified. I think my biggest realisation during the early stages of this is that the crowd I meet in hackspaces and the crowd I meet doing action sports have some surprising similarities: Sports people are very practical, and can be just as nerdy as hackspace people, just in a very specific way about their gear. Those who film often cobble together mounts out of random stuff like sponges and zip ties. I realised I could make something to make that process easier, rather than just selling a proprietary case and mount system. Hopefully, it won't fail horribly and I can raise enough to do the first production run without needing any kind of major backing. The manufacturing processes I'm using mean fairly small runs are possible without taking a colossal hit on costs.

Nachimir, that's a very cool project. Is that you in the skate movie? You're rocking a fine beard, sir.

That's my friend Michael. He skates there with a load of friends every Sunday, and they loosely refer to their sessions as Middle Aged Shred :)

Hopefully, it won't fail horribly and I can raise enough to do the first production run without needing any kind of major backing.

I smell another Kickstarter thread!

Wow this footage makes everything look fun and crazy.

Typing this post now, after watching that for a straight 6 minutes, my eyes are still swimming around. I am actually starting to feel kind of sick looking at the forum boxes.

Just duct taped it to the front of a bottle rocket at EMF camp:

That fall was about two hundred feet, very pleased with how it's holding up :)