gdf

Plug your shit

That's awesome ThunderPeel!

Really looking forward to how the project will evolve in the future.

I wrote a something about how Journey made me feel, would love some feedback.

I enjoyed it.

I am barely a writer, but when obliged I adhere to the "If you can't make it good, at least make it short" mantra. Your piece is nicely bite sized, but could probably be even more compact. It has one core idea, but still required some scrolling on my part. Also most of your beats fall into the 'sentimental' category. I don't know how much Journey allows for this, but you might try adding some surprises in the middle.

Keep in mind I am only an internet person. For real peer review, there is no substitute for the real life people you trust to make your work better.

Thanks! That's very valuable to me. =)

I'm very much in the "finding my voice" phase, so it was refreshing to try a completely different style of writing once.

Your advice is solid, and applies to most creative stuff.

So as a result of Drath posting about his indie roguelike Wayward and my wanting to move into a new field of entertainment on YouTube, he agreed to allow me to interview him and put it on teh interwebz!

This is the result, and hopefully also the start of a great new series.

tTK_57qmoEk

Your thoughts and criticisms are much appreciated.

Thanks! That's very valuable to me. =)

I'm very much in the "finding my voice" phase, so it was refreshing to try a completely different style of writing once.

Your advice is solid, and applies to most creative stuff.

I think the post was definitely a good thing, though a bit poetic in nature, which isn't always the obvious choice, but it still works well as a little standalone piece, probably not something you want to do too frequently though.

Just saw this, very neat! I don't know if you mentioned this before, but is this supposed to go to finish?

I have no idea what your question means...?

I think he's asking if this is just restricted to Manny's model or if you're doing a complete overhaul of the game's models, or perhaps if this will be playable in the full game..?

Idle Thumb people that make (mobile) websites:

I help organize a conference about mobile web development in Amsterdam on 10 and 11 May called Mobilism: http://mobilism.nl/

It's got a great line-up and if it's anything like last year it's going to be super inspirational and fun! All sessions are in English, so no worries! No need to speak some heathen lingo.

We've got people like PPK (Known from quirksmode.org), Ethan Marcotte (He was responsible for redesigning the boston globe website. One of the first big responsive webdesigns) and Seb Lee-Delisle (Who does awesome stuff with mobile phones and javascript).

Video from last year: http://vimeo.com/24198206

I can give away a 10% discount on the tickets*! Use the following link to buy your tickets if you want that discount: https://mobilism.paydro.net/event/amobilism-2012/ysbreker

</shill>

*Sorry wrestlevania!** I only got this discount thing today!

** Yes, I 'm actually going to meet a fellow idle thumbs person that isn't doug, metallus, spaff, yufster or gwarek!

I think he's asking if this is just restricted to Manny's model or if you're doing a complete overhaul of the game's models, or perhaps if this will be playable in the full game..?

Yep!

If it's one or the other, but basically is the full game going to be redone with updated models and textures?

Basically, yes, although some of the background characters may be left alone.

So, now I've finished plugging Thunder's shit, I'm going to plug my own:

I am pleased to announce that after warming up my vocal talents for an unreleased Dan and Ben episode (leaked clip here:

) (not really, just a joke recorded for this thread), I have voiced the main character for Unga Needs Mumba, a freeware AGS game!

ungashot00.png

unmscrnshot00.png

Free download here.

Production thread here.

It has just been released. Please give it a go, even if you don't play all the way through!

It's a tough little game but if you examine everything, the descriptions give a lot of clues. And the presentation is gorgeous. Please promote, Tweet, etc!

http://twitter.com/TimeGentleman/statuses/186757235282681856