gdf

Plug your shit

It's odd, I'm quite fine with the stark neon blue of Defcon, but Uplink seems to try and rape my eyes as well as yours. I quite like what you've done with it!

(Speaking of Defcon, I wonder how many people around here have it... I haven't played a MP game of that in ages, and never a full one.)

I like the color scheme, but I don't like the icons or the map (should be in the same color scheme).

Also, a very very subtle wallpaper would be nice.

Anyway... it's a much improvement over the default theme. It reminds me more of the blackbox windows manager (for Linux/*BSD) than Steam.

Hey, glad you liked my Uplink theme. When it's finished I'll upload it somewhere, for anyone who wants it.

Also, a very very subtle wallpaper would be nice.

Unfortunately there hardly anything you can customize: The colour scheme and the icons, and that's about it. No wallpapers, I'm afraid.

Didn't they release the source for uplink with the humble introversion bundle?

Didn't they release the source for uplink with the humble introversion bundle?

Yep, they did. But I'm not about to learn how to code in order to play a game with slightly nicer graphics. That said, it would be awesome if someone could hack it so that the gradients went from top-to-bottom, and not corner-to-corner.

Yep, they did. But I'm not about to learn how to code in order to play a game with slightly nicer graphics.

You lazy bastard.

(Looks better, though.)

Mental note to self: If I ever play Uplink again, remember to check this thread.

I haven't excremented enough shit that it should need plugging. Maybe I will have shat enough to plug something after the next few months.

Hello there everybody,

In my spare time, I've been working on an HTML5 roguelike/rpg game called Wayward. Today I released Wayward Alpha 1.1. It's still very early in development and lots of things are seemingly missing, but it's turning into more of a game with each release.

It's kind of like a mash-up of Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft, and Ultima Online. Except, don't expect anything that good, yet, haha.

Try it out here:

http://www.unlok.ca/wayward/

See controls and more information here:

http://roguebasin.com/index.php/Wayward

Edited by Drath

This looks super slick for a HTML thing! Did you build the whole thing yourself?

Looks really fun! I tried carving a path into a cave but before the rock vanished I ran out of stamina. Oh no!

This looks super slick for a HTML thing! Did you build the whole thing yourself?

Aye, well, I had some help with the music (as credited).

Looks really fun! I tried carving a path into a cave but before the rock vanished I ran out of stamina. Oh no!

Mushrooms! Eat em'

An interesting post! :tup:

I was thinking about the whole piracy thing, and the PS3 is, at present, unpiratable, right? So surely the number of games own per person should be higher than for XBox 360 owners... right? If piracy is as terrible as the copyright makers claim?

Sorry, I know it's not the same subject of your post, but it's been on my mind.

No, PS3 piracy has existed for a while. My understanding is that it's difficult to hack the current PS3 firmware, but older firmware was vulnerable so PS3s that haven't been updated (or maybe at this point it's "were manufactured before a certain time") can be hacked and will run custom firmware in order to allow the execution of homebrew content or copied games.

That information may be out of date, though, there may be a new way to exploit PS3s. Basically, it seems like it's always been a bit harder and more effort to engage in piracy for the PS3, but there are definitely plenty of people doing it successfully.

Well that was fun! :tup:

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to watch, but I enjoyed the music!

I played through sorne.com's only album House of Stone (a great Austin artist, staggeringly unknown for his awesomeness; Sal Limones and myself will be checking him out on the 17th of February at Frank's, if any of the Austin folk wants to join us) and then through the whole of

. Glad you liked it.

So one of my classes wants me to have a portfolio to show off at the end of the semester. Something I'd been thinking about doing for a while was keeping a blog of my experiences student teaching and my thoughts about the theories and curricula that we look at as part of the program. I figured it would be a cool thing to be able to include in said portfolio, so I've started it. If you're strange enough that any of that sounded interesting to you, I'm keeping it at http://misterworthington.blogspot.com/ and have updated it twice now. Hopefully I will continue to update it rather than let it languish on the internet.

One thing: if you comment on it, please watch your language. This is something I hope to use to get a job at an elementary school, so ideally it shouldn't include words that you wouldn't say at one. I'm being quite careful about it myself and will be trying to rein the language in a bit, and would appreciate it from commenters as well.

I'm going to post comments so tasteless and crude you'll never work again.

To be fair I didn't really work on Tower Up other than a few late iOS patches. But it was the dawn of our serious HTML5 work and actually has yielded some pretty cool tech. As for the story's premise, I think Mark just did a search for games with the word Tower in them. But I do find it hard to feel sorry for Nimblebit when they pretty much riffed most of their design off Zynga in the first place, and just put it in a vertical setting.

Oh come on, Zynga does nothing but copy the best ideas from iOS and Facebook wholesale, make it better and nicer by throwing money at it and then releasing it. I was perfectly fine with that, until their proven douchebag of a boss started spinning it into something else, being all faux-upset. What-a-douche.

GameLoft, Zynga and their ilk are the clearest possible definitions of rip-off artists. No single person or corporation in video game (and possibly human) history has had the bare-faced audacity that those two have shown in blatantly stealing ideas.