gdf

Plug your shit

Comment on the RPS follow-up:

There is one trojan in this, under “gargoyle data” in “Nudists Gone Wild”. Specific detection from Avira, not an Avast heuristic. The rest is probably fine.

Hmm.. AVG didn't find anything. But I already played that game, was the trojan in something that actually executes? There are a lot of executables under that game it seems.

It's time for The Holidays so I'm gonna obey the marketing imperative and plug my shit.

I make needlefelted animals, like so–

bats:

all1.jpg

the occasional alebrije:

1.jpg

etc:

3.jpg

I sell these things over here, to make a living.

I'll soon be opening a new store where I do nothing but fanarts, but ideally only of things that I can actually get permission for and can give a small percentage to the characters' creators. I'll start with webcomics. Then I'll try for other things, like maybe indie video games. Then the wooorrrld

Do you guys think people like Steve Purcell and Tim Schafer would be receptive to something like this?

Those are adowwable! I think Purcell and Schafer are always interested in cool handcraft stuff based on their work.

the occasional alebrije:

1.jpg

That is quite beautiful. If I had my own house, I would absolutely commission one of those to live at the end of a hallway :tup:

That is absolutely awesome. Really cool stuff. :tup:

Thanks everyone! Now off to harass webcomic people! I'll start with the toughest one of all: Kingzjester the Internet Angryman!

:wtf:

Psst, syntheticgerbil... you can get a 30% off Thumb Discount, if you want

Sorry, not sure how to embed, but I did this edit of Saints Row: The Third, it was my first time attempting to edit stuff together and I think it actually came out alright.

Planning on doing one for Katamari Damacy (using original music) and Dead Rising (using borrowed).

I am using Microsoft Movie editor and can already see limitations and flaws in it, looking for something reasonably light in terms of editing (I don't need anything crazy) but a little more robust than MME, any suggestions?

I would also be interested in such suggestions. I've previously done stuff in a not-entirely-or-at-all-legal copy of Sony Vegas, which worked pretty nicely and was certainly worlds better than any of the free alternatives I've tried, but I'd like to move away from that whole shady realm, partly on ethical grounds, and partly on the grounds that it's sometimes really fiddly and annoying. Sadly, the main version is very expensive, and I'm unsure of how limited the lighter editions would be. If there's a similarly powerful free (or even cheap) alternative, that'd be great. I can't really justify spending real money on it, because I'd only use it for stupid things. Because I am not creative or a producer of things of value.

Speaking of which, for a few of the minutes you fine people have been creating worthwhile stuff, I was throwing together this dumb thing. That's about as far as my imagination extends.

So this is a project that I've been working on for a really long time. I'm completely unexperienced in a lot of the actual online hosting stuff, but I think I've got some of it down pat.

This is Buried in the Credits, a new podcast designed to highlight the people making the video games we know and love, and understand what makes them tick. It's something pretty darn different to most other gaming-interviews, although I must admit that I first took inspiration from Idle Thumbs...

All criticism is welcome, although constructive would be preferred. :)

Link to first episode of Buried in the Credits.

I shall listen to it Monday morning and let you know!

I constantly craved new podcasts. My dream is to have enough to last me the whole week of work.

Incidentally I was enjoying castmedium, what are they up to now?

I constantly craved new podcasts. My dream is to have enough to last me the whole week of work.

We phased out CastMedium as some of our writers moved on to bigger and better things. If you liked the CastMedium Podcast, Jonathan and I are continuing it in a different form as Podcast Thing Weekly (covering gaming and tech news). My signature has the relevant information/links.

Well, I hope you like :)

So I've been working on an RPG for iOS for the past few months. It's all made with HTML and CSS3.

We'll be releasing it in a few weeks, which means that I may get to sleep for christmas. But not for long, it's a freemium game that we'll be supporting for a while afterwards.

NtvGY.png

So I've been working on an RPG for iOS for the past few months. It's all made with HTML and CSS3.

Wow it's beautiful, can't wait to see it motion.

We phased out CastMedium as some of our writers moved on to bigger and better things. If you liked the CastMedium Podcast, Jonathan and I are continuing it in a different form as Podcast Thing Weekly (covering gaming and tech news). My signature has the relevant information/links.

Perfect, I now have a backlog as well.

This will get me through next week.

Hey, twmac listened to my thing!

Liked it (it is twmac from idle thumbs BTW). Definitely a good twist on the standard interview and it is nice to see the human side of what goes on behind the game.

One criticism, the introduction has a few too many ‘umms’ and ‘ahms’ in it. It is really hard to not put them in while you are talking but it sounds better if you either make no sound or just keep talking instead.

Otherwise, good stuff, Peter gave a good interview in return.

iTunes link | Direct Download

Hey, I said I would.

I did enjoy it and have suggested that a few of my co-writers have a listen to it as I much prefer your approach to interviewing.

Hey, I said I would.

I did enjoy it and have suggested that a few of my co-writers have a listen to it as I much prefer your approach to interviewing.

Thanks man, it's greatly appreciated!

Out of curiousity, what do you mean by that latter part? My approach is... focusing on the individual, rather than the product? I want to know what it is specifically that works for you =)

I mean just that, getting the people to talk about what interests them as well as what they do rather than trying to push a product. It makes it more fun to listen to.

Almost exactly a week from the timing of this post, I'll be giving a presentation to my Literacy Education class on using Social Networks and Social Media in teaching students literacy practices. As part of this presentation, my group has created a twitter account that we will be taking live questions from the class on and responding to them while we are giving our twenty minute presentation. I thought it may be a fun idea to ask for any potential questions from this community too, just to include a bigger sample of people (the presentation is on the last day of classes, so it may be sparsely attended). If you'd like to help out with it, add my account @miffy495 and when the presentation is starting next week I'll send out a tweet with the presentation account's info. Any takers?

I'm happy to if I'm available and remember it's happening. Would probably be a good idea to mention or direct message the people you want to chip in, a short time before (that way my phone will notify me wherever I am) and start a hashtag.

What would you want the questions to be about?