gdf

Plug your shit

Yeah, it was a brillo satire on internet boys Photoshop 'improving' that Mirror's Edge lady to have big tits and less slitty eyes, and the like.

And it went right over your head/chest, subbes.

Oh yeeaaa, that happened.

two_faiths.jpg

This made me feel very sad indeed.

Yeah, same.

Mirror's Edge Producer Tom Farrer:

I remember when I first had that image sent to me. To be honest, I found it kind of sad. We’ve spent time in developing Faith. And the important thing for us was that she was human, that she was more real.

We really wanted to get away from the typical portrayal of women in games, that they’re all just kind of tits and ass in a steel bikini. We wanted her to look athletic and fit and strong [enough] that she could do the things that she’s doing.

We wanted her to be attractive, but we didn’t want her to be a supermodel. We wanted her to be approachable and far more real. It was just kind of depressing that someone thinks it would be better if Faith was a 12-year-old with a boob job. That was kind of what that image looked to me.

Oh yeeaaa, that happened.

two_faiths.jpg

This made me feel very sad indeed.

Notice how she has been made into an anime character: bigger eyes, smaller nose, bigger breasts and visible nipples. Fucking internet.

And it went right over your head/chest, subbes.

It's 'cause I'm just a giiiiiiirl.

Jeez, that Mirror's Edge thing is depressingly unexpected.

That's just a fan job, right? They went with the hot lady on the left for the final game, right...?

(Also, her nose is actually the same size, they made her face shape more "anime", though.)

Yeah, it was a brillo satire on internet boys Photoshop 'improving' that Mirror's Edge lady to have big tits and less slitty eyes, and the like.
I am having a really hard time parsing this sentence for meaning. The girl on the left ended up in the game, whereas the one on the right is the internet being obnoxious, right?

I am having a really hard time parsing this sentence for meaning. The girl on the left ended up in the game, whereas the one on the right is the internet being obnoxious, right?

BBX is referring to a comment he made on the previous page.

This is what adventure games are for. Police Quest teaches you stuff like open door and examine pigeon hole. Ben There, Dan That teaches you stuff like brillo and deffo.

I keep meaning to play those, but they sit unplayed in my Steam folder... :getmecoat

It's the visible nipples that irk me most, really. Just... not a visible nipples kinda guy, I guess!

Left Faith = original

Right Faith = horrible internetz

Adventuress = just right

subbes = chesty

There was something bugging me about Faith. Then I realised she was just too fat. So I fixed her. (It's a shame that it's too late for Dice to use my version. Oh well.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=718&stc=1&d=1311291261

post-94-13375603416042_thumb.jpg

Would you like a job in the anime industry? You're clearly a capable artist.

I'm impressed by that statement from above by the producer of Mirror's Edge, it's sad that that kind of maturity is the exception not the rule in the games industry, but i'm glad it exists somewhere. There's a pretty good reason why you shouldn't have enourmous breasts anyway, in Mirror's Edge you can look down and see your feet; they'd have had to get bounce physics, and I don't think NVidia had released that Physx feature as of November 12 2008.

All of this just makes me want a Mirror's Edge 2 even more fervently, that was an excellent game.

I've been doing a little bit of news writing for Game Thing Daily and Tech Thing Daily these past couple weeks and we've since started a new podcast for both of the sites. It basically just gives us a chance to highlight some of the news we were most interested in and elaborate on them in a more editorial tone. Anyways, I'd appreciate any feedback and I'm sure my cohosts would as well.

Nice, Thunder, very accurate. Did you change the texture file in the game or is this a photoshop?