gdf

Plug your shit

Nice! Enjoyed the latest update, especially

the way the music gets louder as you scroll across.

Shammack, finished your demo, totally awesome. I got a very low score, though. Was there much extra stuff i could have done? I didn't get to do anything with the

cat, notch, tramp's hat, books, fire exit (except open it)

> Fixed: Cats are not velociraptors; they should not be able to open doors

Hi there, thumbs! I haven't posted in a while, and it's not because I hate all of you, it's because I've been busy! Busy, in fact, with an album! This album, specifically. If any of you excellent folk would take a listen and tell me what you think, I would greatly appreciate that.

Or, you could listen and tell me that you hate it with the fury of a thousand suns, track me down, and decapitate me with a battleaxe. Both options are available!

I've got some shit to plug.

I've got a game in the 2011 IntroComp, a text adventure competition where you write just the beginning of a game and people vote on how much they'd like to play more of it.

My game is called Chunky Blues. You can get it as part of the IntroComp zip file and run it with your favorite interpreter, or download it and/or play it in your browser from its website (which I recommend as it's a newer version than what's in the IntroComp zip).

I'm not allowed to discuss the entries in a public forum while voting is going on, so that's about all I can say about it for now, but I'd love to hear what you all think of it.

Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I just saw that Emily Short wrote up some thoughts on your game!

https://emshort.wordpress.com/2011/07/07/introcomp-2011-chunky-blues/

I think she was overly harsh with some of her criticisms there. The stuff about not being able to move until you've figured something out is pretty obviously a one-off situation which acts as an effective tutorial, and I really enjoyed the writing. I didn't encounter the bounce bug, and I was too damned quick to solve the hobo puzzle so I didn't get to experience this jarring conflict of author opinion...

Anyway, everyone should give this game at least 20 mins, it's tops.

Hey, would anyone be interested in some screencasting of the final stretch of the next panel of Hoob da Loob? I have been misspelling its name every time I tried to type it—since I started drawing this webtime story of mine... :buyme::blink:

So any takers? Know any good realtime screencasting solutions? I have a Power PC, however... maybe Skype can do it? I am unsure.

Stickam?

There's always LiveStream. Their program, Procaster, works on Mac and PC, but I think free accounts are limited to only 50 viewers.

Hah, I am flattered, but I doubt I could get two people at this ungodly hour with zero notice to watch it... and having a mac option may not mean that I would be able to use it, what with the unlove Power PC gets from developers these days... Lemme see...

Yeah, no, poop—no PPC support. Why does it let me install it and give me false hope if it will not run on my architecture? Damn you Apple, my XP still gets software made for it, grumble, fume, fascist planned obsolescence, etc. Lessee… aaaand Stickam doesn't actually show the desktop.

:hmph::(

I'm in a production of the play 'Woman In Mind', starting this Saturday - so the production manager decided to take a sofa and a video camera to the square outside the library and started asking passing women what was on their mind. Some pretty candid responses!

Facebook page

These ones stood out to me.

Edited by DanJW

So I came across Hobo Lobo in my internet meanderin', and was like, "Well this is awesome," and then I saw a link to Idle Thumbs on the about page. Minds were blown and pants were pooped.

I feel like a terrible person for forgetting about this place.

So I came across Hobo Lobo in my internet meanderin', and was like, "Well this is awesome," and then I saw a link to Idle Thumbs on the about page. Minds were blown and pants were pooped.

I feel like a terrible person for forgetting about this place.

Haha, man, welcome back. There has been and gone a podcast since way back when. Worth listening to if you're up for it. Glad the WTF page on hobolobo.net is such an all-around hit. I've had people reacting positively to every single aspect of it, now even the Idle T link I put in there has been gratified.

:tup:

You may have seen this on my G+, but I am in the process of making an Art.

getting+there.jpg

(I am not an artist by any stretch of the term.)

It's another thing related to that thing a chum is working on that I can't really talk about; I got a wild idea in my head to make tarot cards. Problem is, I have only thought of 7 out of the 22 Major Arcana.

getting+there.jpg

It's another thing related to that thing a chum is working on that I can't really talk about; I got a wild idea in my head to make tarot cards. Problem is, I have only thought of 7 out of the 22 Major Arcana.

Have you read Promethea? It might give you some ideas...?

What, you mean the last card I make should fold out into a giant poster?

;D

(The problem is more a lack of unique characters in the source material to fill all 22 spots. And I'm mostly just whining.)

What, you mean the last card I make should fold out into a giant poster?

;D

Haha. Very good. I do remember that issue where he went through all 22 cards and told a story (at least, I think that's what he did... it's been a while).

Oh hey.

I had the idea of a revamped deck of tarot cards too. Instead of pentacles, wands, cups and swords there would be pokemon, wizards, starlets, and tyrants. The Major Arcana were all going to be 'suits' [Rabbit suit, birthday suit, jerk suit etc]. I think I still have some sketches around, but they are even worse than yours.

I stopped when I decided some of the wizard cards should show libraries. Drawing is one of my least favorite things, and libraries are especially terrible.

Also hello everyone. I never post, but subscribe to this thread because you lot are pretty great.

What's a jerk suit?

I was going for a sort of H Golightly meets Raffles air - she's a cat burglar sort of adventuress. I imagine a bigger chest would just get in the way of stealing things. However, I could give it a try.

(This is a problem I have with the earlier L Croft designs. As a chesty person myself, I can tell you they do get in the way sometimes, and L Croft would have problems raiding tombs with her build.)